Jabian Consulting Interview Questions

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jabian Consulting

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jabian Consulting (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Resume Drop

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jabian Consulting.

Interview

The process is extensive but enabled me to get an excellent appreciation of the culture, staff, and performance expectations.

Negotiation

The total compensation offered did not change. Dollars were moved from bonus to base.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jabian Consulting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Started off with a call with HR and then a more in depth meeting to talk about experience and background. Had a meeting with all three partners that was straightforward and no pressure. They proposed various scenarios and asked me to respond. I got the sense that, while I wouldn't be doing all of the things they asked about (brainstorming with CEO), they want to understand how you think and how you process information. I took a TriMetrix personality test that I thought was really interesting. Did a final lunch interview with an executive followed by a final wrap up meeting with the partners and was given an offer within 24 hours. Very logical and smart way to hire for the kinds of people Jabian is looking for.

Interview Questions

• Company A is merging with Company B and the CEO wants to know what he needs to think about. Go.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little bit, but I sense that is rare.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jabian Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process included 2 HR interviews, a 2:1 in person interview, then a final interview with the 3 Partners of the firm. Also, there was an online personality test (where some guy over-analyzes every answer, and therefore the applicant is forced to carefully think the anticipated perception of each answer... so what good does this really do?)
    The final 'White-Boarding' presentation interview was tough. I'm sure there is a different rubric for different experience levels, but the interview approach is the same regardless of experience or intended role in the company. As a consultant with 3 years experience the scenario of me representing the firm for an initial brainstorming meeting with the CEO and COO of a new client that has a new problem they don't understand is..... ridiculous. Obviously that is what the Partners are there for. So to judge all candidates based on this final interview method leaves a one-dimensional work force that is capable of excelling at this one particular exercise.

Based on the interview method and acting scenario the founding Partners come off arrogant, rude, and leave you with no desire to work for them... can't speak to if this goes away upon starting work.

Interview Questions

• The "White Boarding" question. I don't remember the exact details. Something about Company A merging with Company B and Company A Execs saying: "What do we do now?"   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jabian Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn. Set up phone interview followed by in-person interview with HR director. Second group interview with 2 consultants. Took a test called TriMetrix to measure behavior, attitudes and values. Final panel interview with all 3 partners - asked to walk through scenario and describe how I would approach solving the issue.
    Interviewing was pretty easy, no high pressure scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate anything. Can try but depends on situation.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jabian Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in December 2010.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen, following by an in-person interview with the HR Director with pretty standard questions (walk through your resume, why Jabian, career plan, strengths/weaknesses, what is your unique talent you bring to consulting, etc.). Throughout the process, you may get invited to Socials where other Jabian employees are present. Everybody is very nice and open to networking. The Social is an opportunity to meet other consultants and get to know the firm. Treat it as a formal recruiting event (be professional, dress appropriately, be open to chatting with anyone and everyone, don't get drunk). Pay attention to details about THEM (will help in the next interview) as well as showcasing yourself. After that, you have an interview with consultants who go through the standard skills/behavioral interview questions. It is pretty easy-going and remember you may have met these people at the social. Final interview is with the partners. Initial conversation is interview chit-chat, but the final part is a 15 min role-playing exercise. Be prepared to showcase your talent. It is a performance so take the role and be in the moment. It is your typical case interview format; broad business problem/challenge/situation, time to ask questions, and then articulate your solution.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jabian Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process begins with a phone interview with the Recruiter. The next interview is in person with the Director of HR. The next interview is in person with several line employees ranging from Manager to Director. The final interview is with the three Partners who own the firm. In the final interview 15 to 20 min is used as a role playing exercise where the interviewee is the Jabian consultant and the three Partners represent a existing client with a very broad need. The interviewee is given a brief summary of the situation and about two minutes to ask questions (with most answers being "we don't know yet") prior to beginning the exercise. The interviewee must go outside the room and knock on the door to begin. FYI, during the exercise the interviewee is expected to write on the white board (even if the situation would seem not to call for it). I don't have an explanation for the requirement to write on the white board, I just know I was specifically told to write on the white board...even tho the situation was an initial meeting regarding a very broad need. So whatever you do WRITE ON THAT BOARD! Maybe it's an Accenture thing (all three partners are ex-Accenture). I had an interview at another company with another ex-Accenture person and she was very board oriented as well.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jabian Consulting.

Interview

I initially completed a phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a formal panel interview with same recruiter and the director of recruiting. Both the phone screen and the first panel interview were question/answer format revolving primarily around my experience and how my skill set potentially fit in with Jabian's services offerings. I then had another panel interview, this time with organizational peers. iSame type of questions, but this also provided me with a forum to ask questions and evaluate my fit with the firm. The final interview was another panel interview, however the format was very different. The panel consisted of an executive director and two of the firm's partners. After approximately 20 mins of discussion surrounding my experience and skill set, the format changed to a role play scenario. The partners and director were C level executives for a local firm, and they presented me with a problem that I had a short of amount of time to provide a recommend plan of action for.

Interview Questions

• Name two areas where your current clients/customers would like to see you improve.   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jabian Consulting in February 2011.

Interview

I was initially introduced to the company through a recruiter, I did an initial phone interview with the person from HR followed by a 2 on 1 interview with managing director and director of project management.

Interview Questions

• Describe your last three positions who held, the types of projects you worked on and your responsibilities?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jabian Consulting in July 2010.

Interview

Phone scree, 1:1, panel, partner