Jack Henry & Associates Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.6

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sam Norwood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Sam Norwood, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

First was an online assessment test. Have to get at least an 80%, 40 questions that test you on basic programming, the global average is 73%. If you pass, you get an in person interview where if still interested, you take another test afterwards.

Software Engineer Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Olathe, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

The recruiter email first and ask to set up a phone interview based on the date and time you choose so you won't be surprised at all. The phone interview is easy, just some general questions. The recruiters tells you pretty everything you need to know and don't need to know about the company, the job, benefits, environments, and the team for the position. Followed by the phone interview is three algorithms coding exercises in C# that the recruiter emails. Not very hard exercise but performance and memory are probably considered. A simple guessing game that you have to pass with logN guesses, a lowest cost problem, and a word count problem. I underestimated the problems and use exception handling for control flow (adding duplicate to dictionary exception). The program took 10 seconds to run on my PC as the runtime should only be O(N), but the recruiter said it took more than 15 minutes to run on her test machine, and cost me my interview. After the assessment, there should be a 1:1 general interview. The recruiter is really nice, the works seems fun and interesting, and I learned my lesson.

Interview Questions

• Given an array with each array elements containing a random cost (i.e {10, 5, 2, 200, 5, 1}). You can either step through element 1 by 1 or skip by 1 element (i.e array[0] > array[2] > array[3] > array[5]). Find the lowest cost from element 0 to N.   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monett, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Monett, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

A complete waste of time and money. I took time off from my current job to drive to the main office (an hour away) for the first interview. It went well except for my salary expectation which was higher than they usually pay. The interviewer said he needed to talk to his supervisor to see what they could do. The TSR position only pays around $15 an hour which is well below every other place I have interviewed for in the area-five different places starting at $18-$20 an hour with exceptional benefits. JHA doesn't offer anything spectacular. It's also an overnight position. So they call me back for a second interview with his supervisor while I'm making the long drive home, and I agree with the hope that they can offer me a decent job in IT, with a livable wage until I a finish my degree. I get an email that says my interview is at noon, and to check in at the security office at that time to let them know I've arrived. The next week, I take more time off work at my current job, drive another hour to Monett. I check in to the security office a few minutes before noon, and the first interviewer comes out and says "I'm sorry but you're a little bit late so my supervisor had to move on to his next appointment.You'll have to reschedule." I'm really confused and in shock because I just drove all that way. I look at my watch. It's a couple of minutes until noon. "You're kidding right? I just took time off work, drove all this way, and I'm not late. I'm here on time." He says "Well, I'd have liked it if you were here about 15 minutes early." Or something like that. I told him that if he would have told me to be there early I would have been. I was there when I should have been. At this point I'm starting to get really mad because not only did he waste so, so much of my time for a relatively low paying position...I lost close to $200 in wages over both interviews, $40 in gas, and four hours of driving because some supervisor was overbooked and didn't want to miss lunch. The guy apologized, said he felt bad and to email him if I wanted to reschedule. I just walked out. I can't be too mad about this experience, judging by this situation alone I think I dodged a bullet. I've have had no shortage of higher paying job offers since.

Recruiting Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Springfield, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was three rounds. One phone interview with the recruiting manager that lasted an hour, one phone interview with a tenured recruiter that was also an hour and one interview on-site in Springfield with the other sourcers in the department that lasted at least an hour with each sourcer. .

Interview Questions

• The interview process featured a lot of behavioral based interview questions throughout all three levels.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

I received a call from a headhunting organization that was looking at my Universities list of students. I hadn't posted on that list within a year, so they went far back. It was me and 2 others in the room with one person on an intercom. They started off by saying that they dont expect me to know the answers to these questions and then started with 5+ years xp Q's and worked down to entry level intern. I was told that I would hear back from them on a certain day, but didnt. So I called in and they informed me the board had ran into complications and the decision was delayed a week. After a week they said that it was postponed yet another, After that week they said that they are bringing in another group to ask but not to be discouraged, I am on the list of people that should be considered. A month or two has gone by like this, every time I contact them they say I am being reviewed and actively considered.... yet they never contact me. To me this gives off a very unprofessional vibe, to me, either that or a very disorderly higher up group.

Interview Questions

• What is the tech that the company is currently using. What does JHA do, and a few others about them to make sure that you took the time to look into them.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Short phone interview from the hiring manager to explain the position and departments and then in person interview consisted of what did you do type questions. Met with two managers for the actual interview and the hiring manager was very good about setting expectations for the process. The managers took turns asking questions during the interview and it flowed very well. Some of the questions stumped me but they allowed me to come back if needed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't meet goals.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an aspect of your work you're still trying to master   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

2 managers providing an overall full detail of the job description there's nothing else to say the process was quick and not stressful we all know how interviews can be but this was very very easy/simple

Interview Questions

• Past experience & skills that would benefit the current role   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

Interview

SLOW. Applied in August, contacted in December, interviewed in January, hired in February. The company takes forever to hire new people, so if you are intent on working there just be patient and persistent. The interview itself was pretty standard, maybe even low-key. Afterwards the hiring manager sent me to lunch with the rest of the team so they could get a good feel for my fit on the team. I did the same thing with prospective hires once I was employed there.

Interview Questions

• None come to mind - the usual interview questions about what to do in hypothetical situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company always lowballs their offers. I accepted far too low and watched others get hired years later for much more than I was making.

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in January 2015.

Interview

I applied directly from their job board. I was contacted very promptly by Human Resources to set up an interview. HR was always very easy to work with and very informative - I definitely had a lot of questions. When interview time came around I met with the hiring manager in his office, and it felt like a conversation more than a formal "interview" per se, which definitely put me at ease. In my opinion, the process could not have gone smoother.

Interview Questions

• This doesn't really apply... the hiring manager just wanted to make sure I understood what I was getting into.   Answer Question

Systems/Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Lenexa, KS).

Interview

The team lead from Monet, MO, called me. asked me heavily about SCCM, maintenance windows, i was a little confused as the job description stated working with MS servers. The funny thing was i got questioned about my experience cause they wanted a heavy SCCM guy; however i didn't follow the "job description" when the job description states MS Windows server person