Jack Henry & Associates Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.7

Systems/Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

The team lead from Monet, MO, called me. asked me heavily about SCCM, maintenance windows, i was a little confused as the job description stated working with MS servers. The funny thing was i got questioned about my experience cause they wanted a heavy SCCM guy; however i didn't follow the "job description" when the job description states MS Windows server person

Several-various Interview

can be very lengthy from initial online application to final interview. Jack Henry uses performance based interviewing... instead of what would you do in this situation... give me an example of a time you were in this situation and what you did to resolve it. The most difficult part is the tag team interviewing that seems designed to wear you down to answer in the negative or about negative things... questions like Give me an example of a time you failed, what action did you take. Give me an example of when you had poor co workers on a team, how did you approach the problem. Give me an example when you had a conflict with your supervisor, and they were wrong - what did you do? Give me an example of an unrealistic deadline, how did you meet. Many of these types of kind of negative questions, (makes it hard to focus on being positive the way several are worded.) Honestly so many questions were this way it made the interview seem uncomfortable and kind of ... negative; certainly not a positive experience. Some of the interviewers also seemed uncomfortable but some explained they were using a script mandated for interviewing and could not deviate from it. Seemed exhausting for the interviewers and interviewees; if they are this determined to be negative in interviews.... made you wonder about the company in general.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example when you had a conflict with your supervisor, and they were wrong - what did you do?   Answer Question
    In most cases there is not much negotiation room. Was told salaries are in ranges and most hires are expected to be at the bottom of the scale for that job so they have room to grow in the position without hitting the cap salary.

Software Applications Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monett, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in August 2014.

I applied online; received a call to interview ( was able to have my interview that day).

The interview included two interviewers; they explained the position, and asked fairly basic/general questions regarding employment.

We spent a lot of time discussing working there as opposed to my current employer.

Interview Questions
    • What are you going to miss most about your current job?   Answer Question
    They made me an offer, and I took it. I felt no need to negotiate.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

We use a behavioral based interview process, usually a panel of 3 managers will conduct the question asking behavioral based questions. The process usually takes about 1 hour. After the interview process the managers then discuss and make recommendation to the hiring manager on weather to offer a position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a situation when you are asked to complete a project as a member of a team, and the team isnt working well together?   Answer Question

Internal IT Technical Support II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in June 2014.

I have interviewed twice with JHA I applied for a position for the Springfield Missouri location which is about 25-30 minutes from where I live. I filled out countless applications for various different positions and did not get a single response. Finally I Emailed a recruiter in the department i was interested in and received a reply. He asked if he could speak with me the next day for about 30 min and I said sure. The next day we spoke about a position he said would fit my work experience very well and said he would email my resume and information to the hiring managers. about a week later on a Friday I was called and asked if i would be available the next Thurs. and i said yes. The interview went well and lasted about an hour.

The interview questions were very different from previous interview questions that i had been asked with different jobs. I found some of them somewhat negative and each one of them they seemed to want a long drawn out answer to. The next week I received another call from the same person i spoke with asking me if i could attend another interview at the Monet Location a week later. The Monett Location is about 2 Hours from where i'm located... Thought that was a little odd to ask me to drive all the way there, but said yes because I was very interested in the company. The second Interview went alright, I was not as comfortable as the first one. There was two people in this one and one of them was the same as the last interview.. the questions were about the same and seemed repetitive as the last interview. The new person did not talk much at all and asked very few questions, his phone was also ringing which made me feel uncomfortable. I did not get as good of a vibe at the second interview, which lasted about an hour also. I was told I would be contacted about a week or two later about my interview status.

Over two weeks later I still hadn't herd a word from JKA so I decided to call the person who was in touch and who originally set up the interviews. The phone was answered right away and a secretary ask who I was which i told them my name. They then told me the person was unavailable to speak to me, and asked if i would like to leave a voice mail, which i did. A week later i still hadn't been contacted so I decided to try contacting them again. I received the same run around for another 2 weeks. finally I emailed the original recruiter and they said the position had been filled...... I was not all that happy about the interview process and probably will not be applying again. I think JHA is a rewarding company but believe you have to know somebody in the department you are applying for to get accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness and strength?
      Describe a difficult work situation/project and how you overcame it.
      Describe a situation where you failed at your job but learned from it.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

I've interviewed twice with this company. Both times for the TSR position, just with two different departments. After submitting the online app/resume, you will receive an email or phone call from H.R. or the department hiring manager for a quick phone interview, if they like you they ask you directly to set up the face to face interview. This happened within the first week for me on the first interview.

The first interview was great. Their process is a bit different as they want "actual examples" of situations you have been in. There are no "what would you do if?". They expect you to have an answer for all of their questions even if you have not been in that situation. I did not get the job offer from my first interview, I think because I mentioned my wanted salary in the interview and it was above that of the starting pay. I was told that i got narrowed down from 50 applicants, so the position was between myself and 3 others. I was called the next day and declined the position, quick and easy. The hiring manager didn't extend me an offer, but gave me a recommendation to H.R.

Two weeks later, H.R. called me and asked me to apply for a position, I was not interested in that specific one so I was told they would keep me on file.

Another two weeks went by, and another Department Manager called me to get me to apply for his TSR position. I went through and applied, and set up an in person interview. This one however, was not as smooth as the first one.

I was subjected to almost the exact same questions, which was odd because I felt like I had already answered them (to another manager of course), but it still felt odd. I felt positive about the interview, it seemed to go well.

That was 3 months ago, and I have still not heard back. I have sent two emails to that manager directly asking him if the position is filled, or available, or just for a response and have not heard back. I have applied for a few other positions there and have not heard from any of them. So I'm not sure if I have been "blacklisted" or something of the like, but either way it is disappointing.

The first manager was great, the second not so much. This gave me a bad vibe that this company could have some pretty bad inconsistencies within their management.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of a time when you had a disagreement with a group of people, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

Exaggerated, 3-8 interviews sometimes all the way up to GM (aka EVP). Even for entry level personnel. I personally don't understand the need.

Interview Questions
    • This is a company that is trapped in the world of the 70/80's. They will ask questions about your age and ability to manage children and work. You will get one of two interviewers one that doesn't know what the job entails and/or one that asks question total out of scope for the position. But that's what makes it fun.   Answer Question
    Negotiation...? there wasn't any you take what they give. In the case of JHA I can go to their competitors for much more money at anytime. Oh and they don't have you sign a none compete.

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

First and second interview were done over the phone. 3rd interview was in person at the office and took about an hour. Overall the interview process was quick and response time was fast after last interview.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in March 2014.

I was interviewed two times with Jack Henry & Associates . Both times for the same TSR position in the same department. I applied countless times for various other positions but I never really heard anything back. After I submitted my online application, I received a phone call about a week later from the department supervisor for a quick phone interview, and he seemed to really like me so he set up a face to face interview.

The first interview was really good and positive. It was more of an informal interview where the supervisor wanted to get to know me more and I was asked general questions about myself and my work habits. I was asked what salary I would want The interview lasted about an hour and I was told they had more applicants to interview and I would hear back from them soon regarding the next steps of the interview process.

I sent a follow-up email a couple of days after the first face-to-face interview and I was invited to a second interview. This interview consisted of the department manager, supervisor, and team member. All three department team members were very nice and courteous. They asked me lots of questions concerning my work habits and technical expertise. This was an entry-level position so the technical questions weren't too in depth but my technical knowledge was still tested. I left the interview feeling positive that I would get the position and I was told I would hear back from them within a week about their hiring decision.

About a week went by and I didn't hear anything back. I got an automated email about a week an a half later saying that the position had been filled and it thanked me for applying. I was pretty bummed but I was still happy that they even interviewed me because Jack Henry is a good company and they only interview people who they feel are qualified candidates.

About a month later the same department supervisor emailed me again and said he had another position open a wanted to know if I was still interested and wanted to setup another interview. I told him that I was still very interested in becoming apart of JHA and he scheduled another interview that took place a week later. This interview consisted of the department supervisor and 2 other supervisors from different departments. The other 2 department supervisors did most of the questioning and were very nice. The mostly asked general questions and told me that they were very pleased with my answers. They said it would be two weeks before they would let me know their hiring decision.

About 4 days later I received a call from the department supervisor who offered me the position. I accepted the position on the spot and was told I could start immediately.

Interview Questions
    The department supervisor gave me the salary details and it was more of a take it or leave it type offer. I accepted the proposed salary there was no negotiation.

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monett, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in February 2014.

Applied online for two years and out of the blue had a phone call asking for an interview. Interview went well asking fairly simple questions about background and experience. Made sure to let me know travel was required and lots of it. Asked if travel would be ok and then told me to go home and look at travel schedule(that they provided) of current employees and see if I thought I could travel that much. Took the weekend to discuss with family and decided travel would be ok. Agreed to 3-5 year commitment to the position with the travel and within a week of agreeing was called and given a start date. Also had to go through Background check and drug test. Atmosphere is laid back and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Is 60-70% travel going to be a problem   View Answer
    Did not negotiate