Jack Henry & Associates

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Support Center Representative Interview

Norcross, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in June 2010.

Interview Details – My first interview was a phone interview where I was a asked a few personal questions about myself, work experience, and expectations. My second interview was also a phone interview, same type of questions but with more managers. I was also asked some technical questions and how to fix a few common problems. Finally I was brought in for a face to face, since only one manager actually lived in the state it was a one on one, this was a bit more get to know you and then the offer was made. I was recommended for the job by a friend who was already at the company.

Interview Question – I don't remember exactly but I was asked how fix a problem with Word 2010. Something with Templates.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, I tried to negotiate for a higher starting salary but was told that could delay my hiring for at least a month and that was if they accepted my counter offer. I really needed a job, so I took it.

Applications Analyst Interview

Monett, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online for two years and out of the blue had a phone call asking for an interview. Interview went well asking fairly simple questions about background and experience. Made sure to let me know travel was required and lots of it. Asked if travel would be ok and then told me to go home and look at travel schedule(that they provided) of current employees and see if I thought I could travel that much. Took the weekend to discuss with family and decided travel would be ok. Agreed to 3-5 year commitment to the position with the travel and within a week of agreeing was called and given a start date. Also had to go through Background check and drug test. Atmosphere is laid back and friendly.

Interview Question – Is 60-70% travel going to be a problem   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

Interview Details – First and second interview were done over the phone. 3rd interview was in person at the office and took about an hour. Overall the interview process was quick and response time was fast after last interview.

Interview Question – I do not recall the interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Technical Support Representative Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was just following up on my submitted resume. I recieved an opportunity to interview at that moment. I was met by

Interview Question – Just be ready for a behavioral style questions that ask you to demonstrate previous qualifying skills   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary base was very competitive no negotiation was needed.

Implementation Coordinator Interview

Implementation Coordinator
Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in February 2013.

Interview Details – The process began with a phone interview and was followed by 2 in-person interviews. The phone interview was 1-on-1. The 1st in-person interview included my original phone interviewer and 3 others. The final interview was with the remaining 3 interviewers, plus a current employee in the role I for which I applied.

Please prepare in the S.T.A.R. format. This is how Jack-Henry does their interviews. If you are unfamiliar with the S.T.A.R. behavioral interview format, google it. I was advised to prepare in this way and it was extrememly helpful.

Regarding the timeline, I was offered the job exactly 1 month after my first interview. I applied online roughly 2 weeks before the 1st interview.

Interview Question – What decision in your life did it take you the longest amount of time to decide upon, and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered slightly less than requested, but more affordable health care made up the difference

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication by phone from Recruiter, received an e-mail with open dates/times. Responded back to the Recruiter, received a confirmation and went on the interview.

Interview Question – None - routine interview process, very straight forward and friendly people.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Springfield, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in August 2010.

Interview Details – HR filters many of the applications but that does not prevent a manager from looking through any applications that the company receives. Some managers prefer to allow HR to filter applicants while others prefer to look for themselves. In either case, HR will call and tell you that a manager would like to set up an interview. The first interview may be in Springfield or Monett depending on the group structure. It will usually be just the hiring manager in the first interview. They will ask general questions about who you are and what your experience is as well as what you are looking for in future terms. They will tell you about the company and group that you interviewed for and usually close by asking if you have any questions. The first interview is usually fairly generic.
The second interview is almost always a technical interview where some current employees will ask technical questions in a group environment that ranges from two up to five depending on the position and expected experience. The questions are not usually scripted and can be rather random.
If there is a third or fourth interview it is rare. It does happen on occasion. These interviews will generally be a mix in style between the first and second interviews.
Typically, the second interview will only be between a small select group who moved through the first interview. It is not uncommon to get an offer within a few days of the second interview.

Interview Question – Why would you not want to use string.format?   View Answer

Applications Analyst Interview

Applications Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

Interview Details – Interview lasted about an hour. I was asked to give a short presentation, which was a little nerving. They have a nice office, located in a corporate office park. Everyone was nice, but I'm still waiting on a verdict. I was under the impression they were looking to fill the position rather quickly, but I've had no follow up. I actually did a large amount of research on the company, and read a lot positive things that made me excited. Overall I had good vibes, seems like an excellent company.

Interview Question – Really they just asked a lot of questions about situations in your past and how you handled those situations,   View Answer

Web Builder Interview

Brentwood, TN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with upper management as well as individual interviews with associates that you will work with on the job. Test of skills to prove you can perform tasks laid out in the job description.

Interview Question – How would you respond to technical issues in reference to your job task and responsibilities.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offered 48,000 Asked for 56,000 accepted 53000

Applications Trainer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewer was exceptionally personable and honest. I was told up front that the job we were talking about was lower level than I would be interested in and the pay was less than I was worth. We went over my resume anyway and I was told about a position that would be opening in the near future that they would like to keep me in mind for, as I would be a much better match for that particular job. The interviewer told me to keep in contact because they would very much like to hire me. It was disappointing that this opportunity did not work out, but the experience gave me a very favorable opinion of the company and I will absolutely be continuing to seek a position with JHA.

Interview Question – I did not feel that it was so much a question/answer session, but more of a discussion about where I would best fit within the company.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jack Henry & Associates

Worked for Jack Henry & Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jack Henry & Associates interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Jack Henry & Associates employees and interview candidates.