Jack Henry & Associates Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Olathe, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

The recruiter email first and ask to set up a phone interview based on the date and time you choose so you won't be surprised at all. The phone interview is easy, just some general questions. The recruiters tells you pretty everything you need to know and don't need to know about the company, the job, benefits, environments, and the team for the position. Followed by the phone interview is three algorithms coding exercises in C# that the recruiter emails. Not very hard exercise but performance and memory are probably considered. A simple guessing game that you have to pass with logN guesses, a lowest cost problem, and a word count problem. I underestimated the problems and use exception handling for control flow (adding duplicate to dictionary exception). The program took 10 seconds to run on my PC as the runtime should only be O(N), but the recruiter said it took more than 15 minutes to run on her test machine, and cost me my interview. After the assessment, there should be a 1:1 general interview. The recruiter is really nice, the works seems fun and interesting, and I learned my lesson.

Interview Questions

• Given an array with each array elements containing a random cost (i.e {10, 5, 2, 200, 5, 1}). You can either step through element 1 by 1 or skip by 1 element (i.e array[0] > array[2] > array[3] > array[5]). Find the lowest cost from element 0 to N.   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monett, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Monett, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

A complete waste of time and money. I took time off from my current job to drive to the main office (an hour away) for the first interview. It went well except for my salary expectation which was higher than they usually pay. The interviewer said he needed to talk to his supervisor to see what they could do. The TSR position only pays around $15 an hour which is well below every other place I have interviewed for in the area-five different places starting at $18-$20 an hour with exceptional benefits. JHA doesn't offer anything spectacular. It's also an overnight position. So they call me back for a second interview with his supervisor while I'm making the long drive home, and I agree with the hope that they can offer me a decent job in IT, with a livable wage until I a finish my degree. I get an email that says my interview is at noon, and to check in at the security office at that time to let them know I've arrived. The next week, I take more time off work at my current job, drive another hour to Monett. I check in to the security office a few minutes before noon, and the first interviewer comes out and says "I'm sorry but you're a little bit late so my supervisor had to move on to his next appointment.You'll have to reschedule." I'm really confused and in shock because I just drove all that way. I look at my watch. It's a couple of minutes until noon. "You're kidding right? I just took time off work, drove all this way, and I'm not late. I'm here on time." He says "Well, I'd have liked it if you were here about 15 minutes early." Or something like that. I told him that if he would have told me to be there early I would have been. I was there when I should have been. At this point I'm starting to get really mad because not only did he waste so, so much of my time for a relatively low paying position...I lost close to $200 in wages over both interviews, $40 in gas, and four hours of driving because some supervisor was overbooked and didn't want to miss lunch. The guy apologized, said he felt bad and to email him if I wanted to reschedule. I just walked out. I can't be too mad about this experience, judging by this situation alone I think I dodged a bullet. I've have had no shortage of higher paying job offers since.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

I received a call from a headhunting organization that was looking at my Universities list of students. I hadn't posted on that list within a year, so they went far back. It was me and 2 others in the room with one person on an intercom. They started off by saying that they dont expect me to know the answers to these questions and then started with 5+ years xp Q's and worked down to entry level intern. I was told that I would hear back from them on a certain day, but didnt. So I called in and they informed me the board had ran into complications and the decision was delayed a week. After a week they said that it was postponed yet another, After that week they said that they are bringing in another group to ask but not to be discouraged, I am on the list of people that should be considered. A month or two has gone by like this, every time I contact them they say I am being reviewed and actively considered.... yet they never contact me. To me this gives off a very unprofessional vibe, to me, either that or a very disorderly higher up group.

Interview Questions

• What is the tech that the company is currently using. What does JHA do, and a few others about them to make sure that you took the time to look into them.   Answer Question

Systems/Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Lenexa, KS).

Interview

The team lead from Monet, MO, called me. asked me heavily about SCCM, maintenance windows, i was a little confused as the job description stated working with MS servers. The funny thing was i got questioned about my experience cause they wanted a heavy SCCM guy; however i didn't follow the "job description" when the job description states MS Windows server person

Internal IT Technical Support II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Springfield, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

I have interviewed twice with JHA I applied for a position for the Springfield Missouri location which is about 25-30 minutes from where I live. I filled out countless applications for various different positions and did not get a single response. Finally I Emailed a recruiter in the department i was interested in and received a reply. He asked if he could speak with me the next day for about 30 min and I said sure. The next day we spoke about a position he said would fit my work experience very well and said he would email my resume and information to the hiring managers. about a week later on a Friday I was called and asked if i would be available the next Thurs. and i said yes. The interview went well and lasted about an hour. The interview questions were very different from previous interview questions that i had been asked with different jobs. I found some of them somewhat negative and each one of them they seemed to want a long drawn out answer to. The next week I received another call from the same person i spoke with asking me if i could attend another interview at the Monet Location a week later. The Monett Location is about 2 Hours from where i'm located... Thought that was a little odd to ask me to drive all the way there, but said yes because I was very interested in the company. The second Interview went alright, I was not as comfortable as the first one. There was two people in this one and one of them was the same as the last interview.. the questions were about the same and seemed repetitive as the last interview. The new person did not talk much at all and asked very few questions, his phone was also ringing which made me feel uncomfortable. I did not get as good of a vibe at the second interview, which lasted about an hour also. I was told I would be contacted about a week or two later about my interview status. Over two weeks later I still hadn't herd a word from JKA so I decided to call the person who was in touch and who originally set up the interviews. The phone was answered right away and a secretary ask who I was which i told them my name. They then told me the person was unavailable to speak to me, and asked if i would like to leave a voice mail, which i did. A week later i still hadn't been contacted so I decided to try contacting them again. I received the same run around for another 2 weeks. finally I emailed the original recruiter and they said the position had been filled...... I was not all that happy about the interview process and probably will not be applying again. I think JHA is a rewarding company but believe you have to know somebody in the department you are applying for to get accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness and strength? Describe a difficult work situation/project and how you overcame it. Describe a situation where you failed at your job but learned from it.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Springfield, MO).

Interview

I've interviewed twice with this company. Both times for the TSR position, just with two different departments. After submitting the online app/resume, you will receive an email or phone call from H.R. or the department hiring manager for a quick phone interview, if they like you they ask you directly to set up the face to face interview. This happened within the first week for me on the first interview. The first interview was great. Their process is a bit different as they want "actual examples" of situations you have been in. There are no "what would you do if?". They expect you to have an answer for all of their questions even if you have not been in that situation. I did not get the job offer from my first interview, I think because I mentioned my wanted salary in the interview and it was above that of the starting pay. I was told that i got narrowed down from 50 applicants, so the position was between myself and 3 others. I was called the next day and declined the position, quick and easy. The hiring manager didn't extend me an offer, but gave me a recommendation to H.R. Two weeks later, H.R. called me and asked me to apply for a position, I was not interested in that specific one so I was told they would keep me on file. Another two weeks went by, and another Department Manager called me to get me to apply for his TSR position. I went through and applied, and set up an in person interview. This one however, was not as smooth as the first one. I was subjected to almost the exact same questions, which was odd because I felt like I had already answered them (to another manager of course), but it still felt odd. I felt positive about the interview, it seemed to go well. That was 3 months ago, and I have still not heard back. I have sent two emails to that manager directly asking him if the position is filled, or available, or just for a response and have not heard back. I have applied for a few other positions there and have not heard from any of them. So I'm not sure if I have been "blacklisted" or something of the like, but either way it is disappointing. The first manager was great, the second not so much. This gave me a bad vibe that this company could have some pretty bad inconsistencies within their management.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time when you had a disagreement with a group of people, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

Interview

Interview lasted about an hour. I was asked to give a short presentation, which was a little nerving. They have a nice office, located in a corporate office park. Everyone was nice, but I'm still waiting on a verdict. I was under the impression they were looking to fill the position rather quickly, but I've had no follow up. I actually did a large amount of research on the company, and read a lot positive things that made me excited. Overall I had good vibes, seems like an excellent company.

Interview Questions

• Really they just asked a lot of questions about situations in your past and how you handled those situations,   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in October 2013.

Interview

Initial communication by phone from Recruiter, received an e-mail with open dates/times. Responded back to the Recruiter, received a confirmation and went on the interview.

Interview Questions

• None - routine interview process, very straight forward and friendly people.   Answer Question

Applications Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in August 2013.

Interview

The interviewer was exceptionally personable and honest. I was told up front that the job we were talking about was lower level than I would be interested in and the pay was less than I was worth. We went over my resume anyway and I was told about a position that would be opening in the near future that they would like to keep me in mind for, as I would be a much better match for that particular job. The interviewer told me to keep in contact because they would very much like to hire me. It was disappointing that this opportunity did not work out, but the experience gave me a very favorable opinion of the company and I will absolutely be continuing to seek a position with JHA.

Interview Questions

• I did not feel that it was so much a question/answer session, but more of a discussion about where I would best fit within the company.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Springfield, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

all interviews were conducted the same day. Very organized process.

Interview Questions

• All questions are directed to specific experiences rather theoretical scenarios.   1 Answer