Jack Henry & Associates

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews

Technical Recruiter Interview

Technical Recruiter

I applied online and interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

Interview Details – We use a behavioral based interview process, usually a panel of 3 managers will conduct the question asking behavioral based questions. The process usually takes about 1 hour. After the interview process the managers then discuss and make recommendation to the hiring manager on weather to offer a position.

Interview Question – How do you handle a situation when you are asked to complete a project as a member of a team, and the team isnt working well together?   Answer Question

Springfield, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was interviewed two times with Jack Henry & Associates . Both times for the same TSR position in the same department. I applied countless times for various other positions but I never really heard anything back. After I submitted my online application, I received a phone call about a week later from the department supervisor for a quick phone interview, and he seemed to really like me so he set up a face to face interview.

The first interview was really good and positive. It was more of an informal interview where the supervisor wanted to get to know me more and I was asked general questions about myself and my work habits. I was asked what salary I would want The interview lasted about an hour and I was told they had more applicants to interview and I would hear back from them soon regarding the next steps of the interview process.

I sent a follow-up email a couple of days after the first face-to-face interview and I was invited to a second interview. This interview consisted of the department manager, supervisor, and team member. All three department team members were very nice and courteous. They asked me lots of questions concerning my work habits and technical expertise. This was an entry-level position so the technical questions weren't too in depth but my technical knowledge was still tested. I left the interview feeling positive that I would get the position and I was told I would hear back from them within a week about their hiring decision.

About a week went by and I didn't hear anything back. I got an automated email about a week an a half later saying that the position had been filled and it thanked me for applying. I was pretty bummed but I was still happy that they even interviewed me because Jack Henry is a good company and they only interview people who they feel are qualified candidates.

About a month later the same department supervisor emailed me again and said he had another position open a wanted to know if I was still interested and wanted to setup another interview. I told him that I was still very interested in becoming apart of JHA and he scheduled another interview that took place a week later. This interview consisted of the department supervisor and 2 other supervisors from different departments. The other 2 department supervisors did most of the questioning and were very nice. The mostly asked general questions and told me that they were very pleased with my answers. They said it would be two weeks before they would let me know their hiring decision.

About 4 days later I received a call from the department supervisor who offered me the position. I accepted the position on the spot and was told I could start immediately.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The department supervisor gave me the salary details and it was more of a take it or leave it type offer. I accepted the proposed salary there was no negotiation.

Springfield, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

Interview Details – I've interviewed twice with this company. Both times for the TSR position, just with two different departments. After submitting the online app/resume, you will receive an email or phone call from H.R. or the department hiring manager for a quick phone interview, if they like you they ask you directly to set up the face to face interview. This happened within the first week for me on the first interview.

The first interview was great. Their process is a bit different as they want "actual examples" of situations you have been in. There are no "what would you do if?". They expect you to have an answer for all of their questions even if you have not been in that situation. I did not get the job offer from my first interview, I think because I mentioned my wanted salary in the interview and it was above that of the starting pay. I was told that i got narrowed down from 50 applicants, so the position was between myself and 3 others. I was called the next day and declined the position, quick and easy. The hiring manager didn't extend me an offer, but gave me a recommendation to H.R.

Two weeks later, H.R. called me and asked me to apply for a position, I was not interested in that specific one so I was told they would keep me on file.

Another two weeks went by, and another Department Manager called me to get me to apply for his TSR position. I went through and applied, and set up an in person interview. This one however, was not as smooth as the first one.

I was subjected to almost the exact same questions, which was odd because I felt like I had already answered them (to another manager of course), but it still felt odd. I felt positive about the interview, it seemed to go well.

That was 3 months ago, and I have still not heard back. I have sent two emails to that manager directly asking him if the position is filled, or available, or just for a response and have not heard back. I have applied for a few other positions there and have not heard from any of them. So I'm not sure if I have been "blacklisted" or something of the like, but either way it is disappointing.

The first manager was great, the second not so much. This gave me a bad vibe that this company could have some pretty bad inconsistencies within their management.

Interview Question – Provide an example of a time when you had a disagreement with a group of people, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Lenexa, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

Interview Details – Exaggerated, 3-8 interviews sometimes all the way up to GM (aka EVP). Even for entry level personnel. I personally don't understand the need.

Interview Question – This is a company that is trapped in the world of the 70/80's. They will ask questions about your age and ability to manage children and work. You will get one of two interviewers one that doesn't know what the job entails and/or one that asks question total out of scope for the position. But that's what makes it fun.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation...? there wasn't any you take what they give. In the case of JHA I can go to their competitors for much more money at anytime. Oh and they don't have you sign a none compete.

IT Support Center Representative Interview

IT Support Center Representative
Norcross, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in June 2010.

Interview Details – My first interview was a phone interview where I was a asked a few personal questions about myself, work experience, and expectations. My second interview was also a phone interview, same type of questions but with more managers. I was also asked some technical questions and how to fix a few common problems. Finally I was brought in for a face to face, since only one manager actually lived in the state it was a one on one, this was a bit more get to know you and then the offer was made. I was recommended for the job by a friend who was already at the company.

Interview Question – I don't remember exactly but I was asked how fix a problem with Word 2010. Something with Templates.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, I tried to negotiate for a higher starting salary but was told that could delay my hiring for at least a month and that was if they accepted my counter offer. I really needed a job, so I took it.

Applications Analyst Interview

Applications Analyst
Monett, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online for two years and out of the blue had a phone call asking for an interview. Interview went well asking fairly simple questions about background and experience. Made sure to let me know travel was required and lots of it. Asked if travel would be ok and then told me to go home and look at travel schedule(that they provided) of current employees and see if I thought I could travel that much. Took the weekend to discuss with family and decided travel would be ok. Agreed to 3-5 year commitment to the position with the travel and within a week of agreeing was called and given a start date. Also had to go through Background check and drug test. Atmosphere is laid back and friendly.

Interview Question – Is 60-70% travel going to be a problem   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Technical Support Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

Interview Details – First and second interview were done over the phone. 3rd interview was in person at the office and took about an hour. Overall the interview process was quick and response time was fast after last interview.

Interview Question – I do not recall the interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was just following up on my submitted resume. I recieved an opportunity to interview at that moment. I was met by

Interview Question – Just be ready for a behavioral style questions that ask you to demonstrate previous qualifying skills   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary base was very competitive no negotiation was needed.

Implementation Coordinator Interview

Implementation Coordinator
Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in February 2013.

Interview Details – The process began with a phone interview and was followed by 2 in-person interviews. The phone interview was 1-on-1. The 1st in-person interview included my original phone interviewer and 3 others. The final interview was with the remaining 3 interviewers, plus a current employee in the role I for which I applied.

Please prepare in the S.T.A.R. format. This is how Jack-Henry does their interviews. If you are unfamiliar with the S.T.A.R. behavioral interview format, google it. I was advised to prepare in this way and it was extrememly helpful.

Regarding the timeline, I was offered the job exactly 1 month after my first interview. I applied online roughly 2 weeks before the 1st interview.

Interview Question – What decision in your life did it take you the longest amount of time to decide upon, and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered slightly less than requested, but more affordable health care made up the difference

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication by phone from Recruiter, received an e-mail with open dates/times. Responded back to the Recruiter, received a confirmation and went on the interview.

Interview Question – None - routine interview process, very straight forward and friendly people.   Answer Question

Worked for Jack Henry & Associates? Contribute to the Community!