Jack Morton Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.7

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Morton.

Interview

applied online then brought into the office for one in-person interview. Discussed projects that I would be working on as well as specific clients. Did not meet any others from the team before being hired.

Creative/Process Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Morton (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Made sure to discuss salary and details in pre-screen, as to not waste anyones time. Came in for interview and had last minute change for one of the people scheduled. Place seemed very dead - not many people or any action/energy going on in the office. ABSOLUTELY no follow up for HR either way - not even an email. Never had this type of experience before. After taking the time and paying a lot for parking I thought at least some sort of reach out would have happened. Very unprofessional and disappointing

Interview Questions

• They were very concerned about in-house vs. agency experience   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

After the initial application online, a secondary follow up application was offered which had specific questions about branding. After this a phone interview offer was extended and the call was just 15 minutes. I am still waiting for a response to follow up the phone interview. The next step would be an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Jack Morton over other company's?   Answer Question

Regional Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

Application followed by a phone interview with HR. Two in person interviews that lasted several hours. The process takes about 2 weeks. HR is not located in the office where you actually work, so there is some red tape per se to go through. I was very excited after being offered the position and I am glad that I accepted and began working for this company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Talk directly to HR about salary.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jack Morton (Norwalk, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

One interview and then I started the next week. The person who interview me was nice and they seemed like they don't usally do interviews. Overall it was a good experience and I worked there for about three months.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jack Morton (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Briefly chatted with Group Creative Director over upcoming projects. The Creative Director was extremely cordial and friendly and asked good questions about my background. We focused on the company's vision for a bit and I learned a lot about his perspective on the upcoming year and how he was planning to position the work of the agency.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Robbinsville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack Morton (Robbinsville, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

Not that hard, some easy tasks to complete such as a presentation and an excel test. Very informative and knew exactly what was going on during the entire day. Full day group interview.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jack Morton (New York, NY).

Interview

Went in for an interview with no real job description given prior to meeting. met with several people who were capable and creative, but weren't terribly prepared to meet with me (though our meeting had been scheduled for weeks).

Interview Questions

• My particular experiences resulted in me driving the conversation and asking lots of questions, as I didn't feel the employee talking with me had a good grasp on my resume or past experiences.   2 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jack Morton.

Interview

Interview set up through head hunter. Very polite and straight forward about position and work environment. Very comfortable, easy going conversation.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any part of the interview difficult, but be prepared to discuss working/motivating/achieving client-focused results across departments.   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jack Morton (New York, NY).

Interview

I was for contacted by their internal creative recruiter. The conversation followed over many enthusiastic emails from the recruiter. Then continued to email to arrange a phone call. This process took more than two weeks. We then had a phone conversation, which ended after he realized that my file was in their records already and I was introduced via a recruiter. I had met 3 people in their team for over 3 hrs only 6 months prior. So I had understandably assumed the recruiter had done at least a simple internal search when they rather than going through this long process taking so much of my time to lead to nothing.

Interview Questions

• When I did meet the team in person, I met an ECD and their Strategy Director. I did so well in the meeting with the ECD that he immediately arranged an impromptu meeting with the Strategy Director. The ECD asked some tough questions that I really enjoyed; he asked about possible scenarios, innovation, entrepreneurship, leadership; The full gamut. But I enjoyed the challenge. Apparently I was the first of over 20 creatives sent to him that he even wanted to meet with. I then was brought to meet the Strategy Director and told to present my thinking process, which I started to do. He simply asked why Jack Morton? I think if I was to give anyone advice to do well in such an interview. I would advice to be mindful of how much time you have with this person and focus on the conversation more than on showing your experience. I wish someone had told me this before. Good luck.   Answer Question