Jack Morton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Jack Morton in December 2010.

Interview Details – Took 3 months and 4 interviews before job offer. Met with multiple people in management and it was mostly a culture fit type of interview process. If you aren't hip and cool as well as smart you won't get the job. Such is the case with any marketing place. Overall the interview process was easy.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult about the process. Mostly looking for relevant experience that aligns specifically what job they are looking to fulfill.   Answer Question

Digital Director Interview

Digital Director
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Jack Morton in June 2011.

Interview Details – Straight forward and comfortable. It's converstational, and they make it as relaxed and fun as possible. Jack Morton is all about finding talented, open minded people with great personality.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy...I got what I asked for.

Business Development Director Interview

Business Development Director
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Jack Morton in October 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very straight forward as I knew the Managing Director. Over the course of 4-5 interviews, I secured the position over the course of about 2 months. They hire in quarters. It's likely they won't have the start date until after the turn of a quarter.

It helps tremendously if you know someone in the office to help be a reference or vouch for your experience. The initial vetting process will go through the Jack Boston office before you end up taking to anyone at the local office.

Interview Question – Questions are fairly straight forward for this role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate to the higher end of your acceptance scale and expect to get taken down a notch or two. Also be sure to request extra weeks of vacation beyond the standard offer.

Producer Interview

Producer
New York, NY

I applied in-person and interviewed at Jack Morton.

Interview Details – Went in for an interview with no real job description given prior to meeting. met with several people who were capable and creative, but weren't terribly prepared to meet with me (though our meeting had been scheduled for weeks).

Interview Question – My particular experiences resulted in me driving the conversation and asking lots of questions, as I didn't feel the employee talking with me had a good grasp on my resume or past experiences.   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Jack Morton.

Interview Details – Interview set up through head hunter. Very polite and straight forward about position and work environment. Very comfortable, easy going conversation.

Interview Question – I didn't find any part of the interview difficult, but be prepared to discuss working/motivating/achieving client-focused results across departments.   Answer Question

Vice President, Account Director Interview

Vice President, Account Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jack Morton in June 2009.

Interview Details – Always starts with HR with an initial vetting process (by phone). Interviews with local office managers will be set-up with manager and a # of team members depending on position and need.

Interview Question – What field would you work in if not marketing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – All negotiations are individualized and are typical. If an offer is made you have the option to counter and have a dialogue.

Creative Director Interview

Creative Director
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Jack Morton.

Interview Details – I was for contacted by their internal creative recruiter. The conversation followed over many enthusiastic emails from the recruiter. Then continued to email to arrange a phone call. This process took more than two weeks. We then had a phone conversation, which ended after he realized that my file was in their records already and I was introduced via a recruiter.

I had met 3 people in their team for over 3 hrs only 6 months prior. So I had understandably assumed the recruiter had done at least a simple internal search when they rather than going through this long process taking so much of my time to lead to nothing.

Interview Question – When I did meet the team in person, I met an ECD and their Strategy Director. I did so well in the meeting with the ECD that he immediately arranged an impromptu meeting with the Strategy Director. The ECD asked some tough questions that I really enjoyed; he asked about possible scenarios, innovation, entrepreneurship, leadership; The full gamut. But I enjoyed the challenge. Apparently I was the first of over 20 creatives sent to him that he even wanted to meet with.

I then was brought to meet the Strategy Director and told to present my thinking process, which I started to do. He simply asked why Jack Morton? I think if I was to give anyone advice to do well in such an interview. I would advice to be mindful of how much time you have with this person and focus on the conversation more than on showing your experience. I wish someone had told me this before. Good luck.
  Answer Question

Production Interview

Production
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Jack Morton in May 2010.

Interview Details – First interviewed with the Production and Account team; pretty laid back, they explained the projects you'd be working on. Then, I interviewed with the Production and Account Directors. Got the job right after.

Interview Question – What is your passion and how does that involve our company?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jack Morton in May 2010.

Interview Details – I proactively approached the Company around a month ago. This seemed to impress them so I initially had a phone-screening interview with an HR VP/ Director and then two 1-one-1 interviews: one with a really junior HR representative and the other one with the functional manager (potential boss). The phone-screening interview with the HR VP went really good and this person was really professional, approachable and experienced interviewer. This person was clear on the next steps of the process and really open in terms of communication. The second round of interviews, in my opinion, went OK. I felt really good with the functional manager but there were no connections at all with the junior HR person. In fact this HR person didn't seem to have experience interviewing (when I saw this person's Linked -In profile and previous experience I understood why). This person didn't handle common corporate language (you could tell by the kind of questions that were asked and seemed kind of "in a hurry" during the interview. I felt that this person was not paying any attention at all to what I was saying). I really didn't understood why after being interviewed by high-caliber professionals, I ended up interviewing with a junior and unprepared employee. Moreover, the idea of this person having some kind of decision power into the recruiting process was really scary.
The interview with the functional manager was different and more relaxed. It was really focused on experiences sand skills. After these interviews I was told to wait a week for further news on next steps. I'm still waiting after almost a month. I figured after the 2nd week (and after two e-mails with no response at all) that I didn't make it to the 3rd round. I understand that not all candidates make it and I'm mature enough to take rejection, what I don't think is right or professional is leaving candidates "hanging" or "waiting" for responses. It is easier (not to mention polite and professional) to send a note saying that someone didn't make it rather than not saying anything at all. This was a clear message on how this Company handles its employees on a day-to-day basis, and I'm glad it happened at that point rather than later (after being hired for instance). I do believe this company is great and has interesting opportunities, but handling a correct recruiting process is critical for the Company's image. This needs to change for Jack Morton. My advice to other candidates is this: please remember that the interview process is a two-way street: they are not only evaluating you...you are also evaluating them and each part of the process is critical to understand if you would feel comfortable working there or not. Be aware of any kind of "alarms" and do as much research as possible of the people you are going to interact with. This will give you not only a competitive advantage over other candidates but it will also give you an idea of what to expect and the caliber of professionals that work there. Good luck!.

Interview Question – Why did I choose Jack Morton as a potential employer?   View Answer

Creative Associate Interview

Creative Associate

I interviewed at Jack Morton in November 2011.

Interview Details – Simple interview, 2 rounds, seemed to be more about fit rather than actual prior experience. Initial interviews with HR did not lead to a job until senior management took over the interview process

Interview Question – Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for Jack Morton? Contribute to the Community!