Jack in the Box

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.2

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jack in the Box in September 2009.

A lot of interviews with upper management, including panel presentation and interview (up to 5 people).

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about previous work situations and how did you handle them (behavioral questions)?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jack in the Box.

They called me for a phone interview about a week or two after I applied. After the phone interview, I went in and interviewed with about 4-5 people. Everybody was really nice but the process is very draining. They use behavioral questions. The interview is over an hour

Interview Questions
    • Almost all the questions are "Tell me about a time" type questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Jack in the Box.

Behavioral interview

Cashier/Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jack in the Box.

I filled out an application in person. Gave the application to the shift leader that was there at the time. I was contacted 3 days later for a face-to-face interview with the General Manager. The interview went pretty well. The questions were easy. They were just about experience, customer service skills, and attitude.

Interview Questions
    Paid minimum wage, and there was promotion potential.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jack in the Box in May 2014.

It was a great experience. Applied for the position 3 weeks ago and received a phone interview. Followed up with an in person interview. The interview process was a little difficult at times.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jack in the Box in May 2013.

I had a 1:1 interview, it took about 10 minutes, it was pretty simple. I received a call back to be interviewed by the district manager, lasted about 30 minutes. Some questions include: Why do you want to work here? What can Jack in the Box do for you? What times are you available? Just be yourself, don't try to memorize what your going to say. They want someone who can say what is in the heart not on the mind.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you for this company? I tried memorizing this question before I went for the interview and then I choked up midway through my explanation. Just be yourself don't memorize your answers, it never works.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jack in the Box in February 2011.

Cleanliness and personal hygiene is paramount! Good thorough hand washing while handling food is very important just as keeping a work area clean. Sneezing and coughing in your hand spreads germs so hand washing is required. Set a good example and save your money for things you really need...

Interview Questions
    • You will know when it is time to move on and forward. Until then, learn as much as you can about the food, equipment and people skills...   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jack in the Box.

Applied 30days before I was contacted for first interview. Panel Interview. If you are asked to come in for an interview you will be asked to complete a hand written restaurant style application.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with an arrogant person or one who made you angry.   Answer Question
    no flexibility

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Quinta, CA
    Anonymous Employee in La Quinta, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jack in the Box in June 2011.

They call you and then they make you fill out some papers.

Interview Questions
    • Can you be as friendly as the cashiers in other restaurants?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jack in the Box.

phone interview consisted of qualification questions, followed by in person interview of behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • A time when you had to drop something for another project   Answer Question