Jack in the Box

36 candidate interviews

Intern Interview

Intern

Interview Details – interview with HR and department

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you took an opportunity and did something great with it   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Jack in the Box

Interview Details – I went in and applied then and there. Was asked why did I want to work there. What are my strengths and weaknesses. I had to give a eexample of a time where i had to bring my leadership skils out. Also given a scenerio and what i would do when stuck in the situation

IT Innovation Intern Interview

IT Innovation Intern

Interviewed at Jack in the Box

Interview Details – I met some recruiters at a career fair at my school and I was invited to interview at their headquarters in San Diego. I first interviewed with a recruiter then with the Head of the IT Innovation department.

They asked general questions about my past work experience and projects I have worked on. Be prepared to answer how you expect to create value.

Interview Question – I was explaining a website that I was working on and he put a keyboard in front of me and asked to see it. Not so much an unexpected question, but an unexpected request. So be honest about your work.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Jack in the Box.

Interview Details – Was interviewed for crew member position and got promoted 3 times to Restaurant Manager position, so there was really no interview for Managers position.

Interview Question – Got promoted from within so an offer was made and there was no interview   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Line Cook

Interviewed at Jack in the Box

Interview Details – two interviews, fill out a lot of paperwork

Interview Question – what would I do with an unexpected angry customer   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jack in the Box in February 2010.

Interview Details – received phone call went and spoke to area coach.

Interview Question – why I wanted the job.   View Answer

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Anaheim, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jack in the Box in February 2013.

Interview Details – I handed my application in and in one month they called me back. i sat down with the manger and told me this how the job is and this is what you will be doing. not really an interview.

Interview Question – i actually had not questions. weird?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – i got offered to become a team leader. but decide not to becasue it was a small raise with to many responsibilities. and to top it off management there had a bad rep and i did not want to become part of them.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jack in the Box in May 2013.

Interview Details – Completed the job application and was told a day and time to come by for an interview. I came to the interview but was told to come by the next day. Next day, I was asked about my personality, how I felt about angry customers and how I would deal with them. I was asked if I was patient.

Interview Question – How would you deal with angry customers?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Jack in the Box.

Interview Details – Hiring Process- They usually hire interns and pay them nothing. Anyone being hired for a good paying job is a friend of someone that already works there.

Interview Process- Do you really want this Job? If you say no - they will find a spider monkey that can do what you were going to do. If you are a friend of someone getting you in the door, you are not as smart as a spider monkey, therefore can't be replaced by one.

Interview Question – Would you be unhappy if we said we lied about what we are willing to pay?
Do you have any problem working for someone stupider than yourself?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No phase, They offer you below market/area rates and you take it. If you complain they will find a spider monkey that can do what you were going to do. If you are a friend of someone getting you in the door, you are not as smart as a spider monkey, therefore can't be replaced by one. It is kinda a catch 22 yada yada yada

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Jack in the Box in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was just sitting down and discussing procedures of guest services, then on to the daily cleans, after that, we had a call confirmation, asked about information, then the "congratulations, you're hired" statement.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jack in the Box

Worked for Jack in the Box? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jack in the Box interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by Jack in the Box employees and interview candidates.