Jack in the Box

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.2

Administrative Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jack in the Box.

Applied 30days before I was contacted for first interview. Panel Interview. If you are asked to come in for an interview you will be asked to complete a hand written restaurant style application.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with an arrogant person or one who made you angry.   Answer Question
    no flexibility

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jack in the Box.

Was interviewed for crew member position and got promoted 3 times to Restaurant Manager position, so there was really no interview for Managers position.

Interview Questions
    • Got promoted from within so an offer was made and there was no interview   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Jack in the Box.

Hiring Process- They usually hire interns and pay them nothing. Anyone being hired for a good paying job is a friend of someone that already works there.

Interview Process- Do you really want this Job? If you say no - they will find a spider monkey that can do what you were going to do. If you are a friend of someone getting you in the door, you are not as smart as a spider monkey, therefore can't be replaced by one.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be unhappy if we said we lied about what we are willing to pay?
      Do you have any problem working for someone stupider than yourself?

View Answer
    No phase, They offer you below market/area rates and you take it. If you complain they will find a spider monkey that can do what you were going to do. If you are a friend of someone getting you in the door, you are not as smart as a spider monkey, therefore can't be replaced by one. It is kinda a catch 22 yada yada yada

Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online – interviewed at Jack in the Box in August 2013.

I came in to the interview to find that there were 3 managers hiring from 3 different locations. while waiting for the interview, the managers were very unprofessional. They were yelling across the restaurant, making jokes, and snickering. I was hesitant to work for any of them, but I went up for the interview anyway. It was short and sweet and I think they judged me immediately and I knew that they were not interested when they said they would call me for a second interview when I was seeing people getting hired on the spot. Overall bad experience, probably not going to try my luck with any other Jack in the Box from this day forward.

IT Innovation Intern Interview

I met some recruiters at a career fair at my school and I was invited to interview at their headquarters in San Diego. I first interviewed with a recruiter then with the Head of the IT Innovation department.

They asked general questions about my past work experience and projects I have worked on. Be prepared to answer how you expect to create value.

Interview Questions
    • I was explaining a website that I was working on and he put a keyboard in front of me and asked to see it. Not so much an unexpected question, but an unexpected request. So be honest about your work.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jack in the Box.

They called me for a phone interview about a week or two after I applied. After the phone interview, I went in and interviewed with about 4-5 people. Everybody was really nice but the process is very draining. They use behavioral questions. The interview is over an hour

Interview Questions
    • Almost all the questions are "Tell me about a time" type questions   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jack in the Box in May 2013.

I had a 1:1 interview, it took about 10 minutes, it was pretty simple. I received a call back to be interviewed by the district manager, lasted about 30 minutes. Some questions include: Why do you want to work here? What can Jack in the Box do for you? What times are you available? Just be yourself, don't try to memorize what your going to say. They want someone who can say what is in the heart not on the mind.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you for this company? I tried memorizing this question before I went for the interview and then I choked up midway through my explanation. Just be yourself don't memorize your answers, it never works.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jack in the Box in May 2013.

Completed the job application and was told a day and time to come by for an interview. I came to the interview but was told to come by the next day. Next day, I was asked about my personality, how I felt about angry customers and how I would deal with them. I was asked if I was patient.

Cashier Interview

I went in and applied then and there. Was asked why did I want to work there. What are my strengths and weaknesses. I had to give a eexample of a time where i had to bring my leadership skils out. Also given a scenerio and what i would do when stuck in the situation

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jack in the Box in February 2013.

I handed my application in and in one month they called me back. i sat down with the manger and told me this how the job is and this is what you will be doing. not really an interview.

Interview Questions

i got offered to become a team leader. but decide not to becasue it was a small raise with to many responsibilities. and to top it off management there had a bad rep and i did not want to become part of them.