Jack in the Box

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Anaheim, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jack in the Box in February 2013.

Interview Details – I handed my application in and in one month they called me back. i sat down with the manger and told me this how the job is and this is what you will be doing. not really an interview.

Interview Question – i actually had not questions. weird?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – i got offered to become a team leader. but decide not to becasue it was a small raise with to many responsibilities. and to top it off management there had a bad rep and i did not want to become part of them.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jack in the Box in July 2009.

Interview Details – very easy interview. main concern is that you have reliable means of transportation. also schedule is a big factor. they let u know right away, this business does not close. 24/7 always. that means working days, night, weekends, graveyard, holidays etc.
don't ,make plans for Christmas or thanksgiving, you will b working !

Interview Question – how will you balance your school, your volunteer wokr at the hospital and a job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation possible. I was 16 yrs old in high school . I was employed to work part time. and they start everyone off at minimum wage.

Fresno, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Jack in the Box in May 2013.

Interview Details – I had a 1:1 interview, it took about 10 minutes, it was pretty simple. I received a call back to be interviewed by the district manager, lasted about 30 minutes. Some questions include: Why do you want to work here? What can Jack in the Box do for you? What times are you available? Just be yourself, don't try to memorize what your going to say. They want someone who can say what is in the heart not on the mind.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you for this company? I tried memorizing this question before I went for the interview and then I choked up midway through my explanation. Just be yourself don't memorize your answers, it never works.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Jack in the Box in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was just sitting down and discussing procedures of guest services, then on to the daily cleans, after that, we had a call confirmation, asked about information, then the "congratulations, you're hired" statement.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

San Bernardino, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Jack in the Box in February 2012.

Interview Details – Turned in my application, got a call back a few days later notifying me that I was going to get an interview as soon as they got hold of the supervisor. Took about 2 weeks, the interview was really short and asked about, maybe, 5-6 questions at most. Supervisor said he liked me and said that he was going to have the manager give me a call as soon as possible. Got a call back the next week to start the next day.

Interview Question – How did you hear about this job?   View Answer

Davis, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Jack in the Box in June 2009.

Interview Details – Very Straight forward interview. Asked about availability more than anything else. Pretty much had me come in an fill our paperwork. I did not like the job and couldn't wait to get out. I worked part time during college to support my education.

Interview Question – When are you available?   Answer Question

Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Jack in the Box in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was simple. It took only 10 minutes. Sat down with the assistant manager was asked basic questions like: why do you want to work here? How would you be a great fit for our company?

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to use customer service to resolve a complaint?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jack in the Box

Worked for Jack in the Box? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jack in the Box Team Member interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Jack in the Box employees and interview candidates.