Jackson Hewitt Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2014

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincolnton, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnton, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

The process was easy. I had to fill out a paper application, then took the tax class and passed the required course and the IRS required testing. I received useful help with any questions that I had during the classes and the office was open for me to be able to use the internet.

There was none.

Tax Preparer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Spoke to the owner in person, he gave me the job right away. I was full time. Now the new GM will require you to take classes before employment. I am not sure if you have to pay for it or not.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think of the new guy? The owner asked me this and I could not reply honestly.   View Answer
    He won't negotiate. The owner and old GM were fair and pleasant to work with. I am not sure if I will come back next year unless management changes. I thought my work contributed to the long term of the company, not anymore.

Tax Preparer Interview

behavior questions and prior intern experience

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience when you cannot solve the problem by yourself?   Answer Question

Tax Preparer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Normal interview questions, nothing specific that was difficult. most one them were pretty straightforwar

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

behavioral questions, and spoke about tax forms.
    What is the current deduction amount for each filing status?

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spring, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in February 2014.

Went well, farely quick

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

applied online and get an phone call from office, and I went to the interview and get the job to get some real experience.

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

It lasted literally 5 minutes, if that. All I was asked is why I wanted the job and what previous work experience I had. Then she reviewed my grades from the tax class I was taking and said she would be e-mailing me the new hire packet. It didn't really seem like an interview at all. I felt like she was just trying to make sure I wasn't completely stupid before extending the offer.

Interview Questions
    • None, the only questions asked were why I wanted the job and to describe my previous work experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. She told me what the base pay for a first time preparer was and then showed the commission table to me for about 30 seconds.

Tax Preparer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2013.

The process was simple and everyone was very nice. I love the 'feel' of the company.

Interview Questions
    • I asked most of the questions and the interviewer asked easy questions.   Answer Question
    There was not a negotiation phase and I was still unclear on pay. Just assumed it was competive

Tax Preparer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

It wasn't challenging at all. The hiring manager was quite funny to be honesty and looked nervous.

None

Worked for Jackson Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!