Jackson Hewitt Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

1.5

Tax Professional Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Applied online about 6 months then got a chance to interview in person.
    Training took about 3-4 months but it depends on your educational background, the more you know about tax system, the more likely you will get a better position.
    Payment is average but you will get a great deal of experience esp your management.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

I met with one of the Supervisor and they liked my work ethics and I was hire. The supervisor was very pleased with my past knowledge of Jackson Hewitt and how familiar I was with the products, so I impressed them on the background work I did on them. I got the job.

Vice President, FP&A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Typical for this level however it was slightly drawn out. This organization is not the caliber I am looking for, everyone I spoke to had a different vision of the company's strategy, ton of turnover, no information on benefits and the offer was not in writing. Not top tier.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, everything straight forward.   1 Answer

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2014.

Interview

an interview is scheduled and the General Manager ask a few basic interview question. Visual tattoos are not acceptable. The hours are great for a person that is looking for part time evening work.

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2014.

Interview

My interviewer did not even show up for my interview. I was interviewed (if you can call it that) by the front desk receptionist. I still have never met my manager. I suppose it was an easy interview, but had I known then what I know now, I would have recognized the haphazard interview as a red flag for how frustrating the rest of my brief employment here would be.

Interview Questions

• "Well, I don't really know anything about taxes; I just do the front desk. So I don't really know what to ask you. Is there anything you want to tell me?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was non-existent. I was sent an onboarding packet via email. That was it.

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Killeen, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Wasn't like an interview at all. The general manager made it very comfortable so I wasn't nervous. Wasn't many job related questions asked. More of a get to know you type thing then offer you a job. If you get an interview you are placed in a store already. Then after we completed the interview I filled out my employee information and took a picture and registered for my IRS ptin.

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Lincolnton, NC).

Interview

The process was easy. I had to fill out a paper application, then took the tax class and passed the required course and the IRS required testing. I received useful help with any questions that I had during the classes and the office was open for me to be able to use the internet.

Negotiation

There was none.

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Spoke to the owner in person, he gave me the job right away. I was full time. Now the new GM will require you to take classes before employment. I am not sure if you have to pay for it or not.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the new guy? The owner asked me this and I could not reply honestly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

He won't negotiate. The owner and old GM were fair and pleasant to work with. I am not sure if I will come back next year unless management changes. I thought my work contributed to the long term of the company, not anymore.

Tax Preparer Interview

Interview

behavior questions and prior intern experience

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience when you cannot solve the problem by yourself?   Answer Question

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Normal interview questions, nothing specific that was difficult. most one them were pretty straightforwar