Jackson Hewitt Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

No formal interview was conducted. I think they just judge by seeing who you are, talking to you when you come in to do the tax training. But, they also do judge off your scores on the training. If you do not pass the courses, you will not likely get the job.

Interview Questions

• There were no formal questions.   1 Answer

Tax Professional Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Applied online about 6 months then got a chance to interview in person. Training took about 3-4 months but it depends on your educational background, the more you know about tax system, the more likely you will get a better position. Payment is average but you will get a great deal of experience esp your management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Raleigh, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Basic questions. Need to prove you have a brain. If you have a brain, you'll be given the password and website to their on-line training. On-line training was power points followed by tests. The power points follow a phone book sized 2014 (or whatever year) manual.

Interview Questions

• Nothing I can remember. Any experience? I had no experience doing taxes, and I was hired. I took the online course in 2 weeks and was good to go!   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

I met with one of the Supervisor and they liked my work ethics and I was hire. The supervisor was very pleased with my past knowledge of Jackson Hewitt and how familiar I was with the products, so I impressed them on the background work I did on them. I got the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Typical for this level however it was slightly drawn out. This organization is not the caliber I am looking for, everyone I spoke to had a different vision of the company's strategy, ton of turnover, no information on benefits and the offer was not in writing. Not top tier.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, everything straight forward.   1 Answer

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2014.

Interview

an interview is scheduled and the General Manager ask a few basic interview question. Visual tattoos are not acceptable. The hours are great for a person that is looking for part time evening work.

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2014.

Interview

My interviewer did not even show up for my interview. I was interviewed (if you can call it that) by the front desk receptionist. I still have never met my manager. I suppose it was an easy interview, but had I known then what I know now, I would have recognized the haphazard interview as a red flag for how frustrating the rest of my brief employment here would be.

Interview Questions

• "Well, I don't really know anything about taxes; I just do the front desk. So I don't really know what to ask you. Is there anything you want to tell me?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was non-existent. I was sent an onboarding packet via email. That was it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Killeen, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Wasn't like an interview at all. The general manager made it very comfortable so I wasn't nervous. Wasn't many job related questions asked. More of a get to know you type thing then offer you a job. If you get an interview you are placed in a store already. Then after we completed the interview I filled out my employee information and took a picture and registered for my IRS ptin.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Buffalo, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process consists of questions regarding your customer service skills. There weren't much questions in regards to tax. I had a phone interview and an in-store interview. The person must know how to deal with customer, and have some sort of tax knowledge. If you have previously filed taxes for yourself, you will be set. Training will provide you with a better understanding of tax.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnton, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Lincolnton, NC).

Interview

The process was easy. I had to fill out a paper application, then took the tax class and passed the required course and the IRS required testing. I received useful help with any questions that I had during the classes and the office was open for me to be able to use the internet.

Negotiation

There was none.