Jackson Hewitt

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Customer Care Specialist
Spring, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in February 2014.

Interview Details – Went well, farely quick

Interviewed at Jackson Hewitt

Interview Details – behavior questions and prior intern experience

Interview Question – Do you have experience when you cannot solve the problem by yourself?   Answer Question

Tax Preparer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview Details – Normal interview questions, nothing specific that was difficult. most one them were pretty straightforwar

Interview Question – why u are interest in tax   Answer Question

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Seasonal Tax Preparer

Interviewed at Jackson Hewitt

Interview Details – behavioral questions, and spoke about tax forms.
What is the current deduction amount for each filing status?

Interview Question – nothing really, everything is straight forward.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview Details – applied online and get an phone call from office, and I went to the interview and get the job to get some real experience.

Interview Question – no questions at all, just normal conversation   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Seasonal Tax Preparer

I applied in-person and interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview Details – It lasted literally 5 minutes, if that. All I was asked is why I wanted the job and what previous work experience I had. Then she reviewed my grades from the tax class I was taking and said she would be e-mailing me the new hire packet. It didn't really seem like an interview at all. I felt like she was just trying to make sure I wasn't completely stupid before extending the offer.

Interview Question – None, the only questions asked were why I wanted the job and to describe my previous work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. She told me what the base pay for a first time preparer was and then showed the commission table to me for about 30 seconds.

Very Easy Interview

Tax Preparer Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2013.

Interview Details – The process was simple and everyone was very nice. I love the 'feel' of the company.

Interview Question – I asked most of the questions and the interviewer asked easy questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not a negotiation phase and I was still unclear on pay. Just assumed it was competive

Washington Court House, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2012.

Interview Details – If you call about their free tax course, and you attend and complete it... you will be offered a seasonal position.

Interview Question – Passing the wordy tests during class   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation and the pay is terrible. You do not find out how little money you will be making until you have completed many hours of classroom training uncompensated.

Tax Preparer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview Details – It wasn't challenging at all. The hiring manager was quite funny to be honesty and looked nervous.

Negotiation Details – None

Technical Support Agent Interview

Technical Support Agent
Sarasota, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in October 2012.

Interview Details – filled out ap, got a call for a interview, got asked the basic questions, why this company, what did I do before this, what can I offer the company. Then I took the test. a few days later I got a call offering me a position for seasonal work

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected Question the lady who interviewed me was kind and made me feel relaxed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no neg, already set up for certain pay scale

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Jackson Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jackson Hewitt interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Jackson Hewitt employees and interview candidates.