Jackson Hewitt

Average Difficulty
31 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lincolnton, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview Details – The process was easy. I had to fill out a paper application, then took the tax class and passed the required course and the IRS required testing. I received useful help with any questions that I had during the classes and the office was open for me to be able to use the internet.

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Tax Preparer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview Details – Spoke to the owner in person, he gave me the job right away. I was full time. Now the new GM will require you to take classes before employment. I am not sure if you have to pay for it or not.

Interview Question – What do you think of the new guy? The owner asked me this and I could not reply honestly.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – He won't negotiate. The owner and old GM were fair and pleasant to work with. I am not sure if I will come back next year unless management changes. I thought my work contributed to the long term of the company, not anymore.

Professional Tax Preparer Interview

Professional Tax Preparer
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in January 2010.

Interview Details – To get started you must first attend a Tax Preparer training which prepares you for the PTIN license. It also serves to allow the company to get to know you. So the Interview is quick and short, usually one on one.

Interview Question – What hours can you work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not much to negotiate, you are offered an hourly rate based on your experience. Don't expect much, but you will be compensated for accurate, complete tax returns as a aggregate bonus

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Customer Care Specialist
Spring, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in February 2014.

Interview Details – Went well, farely quick

Interviewed at Jackson Hewitt

Interview Details – behavior questions and prior intern experience

Interview Question – Do you have experience when you cannot solve the problem by yourself?   Answer Question

Tax Preparer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview Details – Normal interview questions, nothing specific that was difficult. most one them were pretty straightforwar

Interview Question – why u are interest in tax   Answer Question

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Seasonal Tax Preparer

Interviewed at Jackson Hewitt

Interview Details – behavioral questions, and spoke about tax forms.
What is the current deduction amount for each filing status?

Interview Question – nothing really, everything is straight forward.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview Details – applied online and get an phone call from office, and I went to the interview and get the job to get some real experience.

Interview Question – no questions at all, just normal conversation   Answer Question

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Seasonal Tax Preparer

I applied in-person and interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview Details – It lasted literally 5 minutes, if that. All I was asked is why I wanted the job and what previous work experience I had. Then she reviewed my grades from the tax class I was taking and said she would be e-mailing me the new hire packet. It didn't really seem like an interview at all. I felt like she was just trying to make sure I wasn't completely stupid before extending the offer.

Interview Question – None, the only questions asked were why I wanted the job and to describe my previous work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. She told me what the base pay for a first time preparer was and then showed the commission table to me for about 30 seconds.

Tax Preparer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2013.

Interview Details – The process was simple and everyone was very nice. I love the 'feel' of the company.

Interview Question – I asked most of the questions and the interviewer asked easy questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not a negotiation phase and I was still unclear on pay. Just assumed it was competive

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jackson Hewitt

Worked for Jackson Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!