Jackson Hewitt Interview Questions

1.6

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in February 2014.

Went well, farely quick

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

applied online and get an phone call from office, and I went to the interview and get the job to get some real experience.

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

It lasted literally 5 minutes, if that. All I was asked is why I wanted the job and what previous work experience I had. Then she reviewed my grades from the tax class I was taking and said she would be e-mailing me the new hire packet. It didn't really seem like an interview at all. I felt like she was just trying to make sure I wasn't completely stupid before extending the offer.

Interview Questions
    • None, the only questions asked were why I wanted the job and to describe my previous work experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. She told me what the base pay for a first time preparer was and then showed the commission table to me for about 30 seconds.

Tax Preparer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2013.

The process was simple and everyone was very nice. I love the 'feel' of the company.

Interview Questions
    • I asked most of the questions and the interviewer asked easy questions.   Answer Question
    There was not a negotiation phase and I was still unclear on pay. Just assumed it was competive

Tax Preparer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

It wasn't challenging at all. The hiring manager was quite funny to be honesty and looked nervous.

None

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt in November 2013.

You need only to sign up for the tax classes and pass the tax knowledge test. To pass the exam you had to enroll in an 8 week course. The requirement was homework and chapter readings.

Office Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

There wasn't really an interview for me. I took the classes filled out and app and they said this is where you will be working. they did ask me a few questions though.

Interview Questions
    • The usual, why do you want to work for us and how do you feel that you can benefit the company,   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt in May 2013.

Informal process in a restaurant and then the complaint was that I was not professional enough....how can you be professional in a restaurant with loud noise and blaring music and an interviewer who only wanted to discuss personal issues.

Professional Tax Preparer Interview

You have to attend tax school, which usually starts in September, and costs $99. You'll eventually have to get a income tax preparer ID number from the IRS, called a PTIN, and that costs $64, I believe. The process is rather involved and you'd only work during tax season (January--April).

Interview Questions
    • There are a series of exams that you must take. It's fairly easy, but it's still a rather involved process.   Answer Question

Tax Preparer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

The interview process is fairly simple, they ask you a bunch of simple questions, mostly about your education and prior work experience. Nothing unexpected or crazy, just simple easy questions. The interview process isn't very selective and no one should have a hard time moving past it. The annoying part of the process is the studying and training that is required before you can begin working. You have to take a minimum of 15 hours worth of online tax school courses and then pass a test before you are allowed to work there.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing asked was difficult in the least bit.   View Answer