Jackson Hewitt

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Preparer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview Details – It wasn't challenging at all. The hiring manager was quite funny to be honesty and looked nervous.

Negotiation Details – None

Technical Support Agent Interview

Technical Support Agent
Sarasota, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in October 2012.

Interview Details – filled out ap, got a call for a interview, got asked the basic questions, why this company, what did I do before this, what can I offer the company. Then I took the test. a few days later I got a call offering me a position for seasonal work

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected Question the lady who interviewed me was kind and made me feel relaxed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no neg, already set up for certain pay scale

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview Details – There wasn't really an interview for me. I took the classes filled out and app and they said this is where you will be working. they did ask me a few questions though.

Interview Question – The usual, why do you want to work for us and how do you feel that you can benefit the company,   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in May 2013.

Interview Details – Informal process in a restaurant and then the complaint was that I was not professional enough....how can you be professional in a restaurant with loud noise and blaring music and an interviewer who only wanted to discuss personal issues.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Professional Tax Preparer Interview

Professional Tax Preparer

Interviewed at Jackson Hewitt

Interview Details – You have to attend tax school, which usually starts in September, and costs $99. You'll eventually have to get a income tax preparer ID number from the IRS, called a PTIN, and that costs $64, I believe. The process is rather involved and you'd only work during tax season (January--April).

Interview Question – There are a series of exams that you must take. It's fairly easy, but it's still a rather involved process.   Answer Question

Tax Preparer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in October 2012.

Interview Details – I went to a Jackson Hewitt office asked how to get job, the Regional Manager had me take a test, I needed to brush up on a few areas so, she scheduled me for the classes they offer right away. The office was clean, but the lady was under dressed.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected, everything asked was easy to answer and it went quickly and easily.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I interviewed in October and I took classes for 2 months, passed tests, did modules, attended orientation, signed paperwork for 9 an hour at the end of November, started work January of the next year.

Tax Preparer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview Details – The interview process is fairly simple, they ask you a bunch of simple questions, mostly about your education and prior work experience. Nothing unexpected or crazy, just simple easy questions. The interview process isn't very selective and no one should have a hard time moving past it. The annoying part of the process is the studying and training that is required before you can begin working. You have to take a minimum of 15 hours worth of online tax school courses and then pass a test before you are allowed to work there.

Interview Question – Nothing asked was difficult in the least bit.   View Answer

Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in November 2012.

Interview Details – I called them one day to see if they were hiring. They said they offer a free class. I started going. Filled out all paperwork while training. Training was about 5 hours a week for a month. They have online homework and assessments all tax preparers must pass. Once i passed the tests they did 2-3 days of some instore training where we got to watch taxes being done. After that they set you up in the system and throw you in a nearby office. From their is it sink or swim. Ask as many questions as you can and if any problems arise your supervisor is just a phone call away.

Interview Question – Learning the whole puzzle was a little frustrating but easy. Just general things like how to print or how to get the scanner to work. how to look up customers, why wont this return pull up, oh you have to run a file transfer. ect ect. easy little stuff that you learn throughout the job.   Answer Question

El Dorado, AR

I applied in-person - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in October 2012.

Interview Details – I saw an ad in our local newspaper in October, and I called to speak with the Area Manager. She asked me to come in for an interview the next day. When I got to the interview, it was more informal than I had prepared for. She asked me about my experience (and I didn't have any) and she enrolled me in a basic income tax course. I worked on the course for 2 months and after I completed it, I took a tax preparer readiness test, applied for my PTIN, and then I started working in January

Interview Question – She didn't ask many questions. She mainly wanted details of my work experience and information on my availability for work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. I have an Associate's degree and they offered me minimum wage ($7.25)

Muncie, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was called on a Monday morning and asked to complete some assessments online. However, the assessments were my training. After the assessments, I was called for an interview with the district manager on Wednesday. She hired me on the spot. I never got paid for those "assessments" and felt I had no idea how to do my job the entire season.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. . .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jackson Hewitt