Jackson Hewitt

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lincolnton, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview Details – The process was easy. I had to fill out a paper application, then took the tax class and passed the required course and the IRS required testing. I received useful help with any questions that I had during the classes and the office was open for me to be able to use the internet.

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Tax Preparer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview Details – Spoke to the owner in person, he gave me the job right away. I was full time. Now the new GM will require you to take classes before employment. I am not sure if you have to pay for it or not.

Interview Question – What do you think of the new guy? The owner asked me this and I could not reply honestly.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – He won't negotiate. The owner and old GM were fair and pleasant to work with. I am not sure if I will come back next year unless management changes. I thought my work contributed to the long term of the company, not anymore.

Interviewed at Jackson Hewitt

Interview Details – behavior questions and prior intern experience

Interview Question – Do you have experience when you cannot solve the problem by yourself?   Answer Question

Tax Preparer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview Details – Normal interview questions, nothing specific that was difficult. most one them were pretty straightforwar

Interview Question – why u are interest in tax   Answer Question

Tax Preparer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2013.

Interview Details – The process was simple and everyone was very nice. I love the 'feel' of the company.

Interview Question – I asked most of the questions and the interviewer asked easy questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not a negotiation phase and I was still unclear on pay. Just assumed it was competive

Washington Court House, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2012.

Interview Details – If you call about their free tax course, and you attend and complete it... you will be offered a seasonal position.

Interview Question – Passing the wordy tests during class   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation and the pay is terrible. You do not find out how little money you will be making until you have completed many hours of classroom training uncompensated.

Tax Preparer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview Details – It wasn't challenging at all. The hiring manager was quite funny to be honesty and looked nervous.

Negotiation Details – None

Tax Preparer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in October 2012.

Interview Details – I went to a Jackson Hewitt office asked how to get job, the Regional Manager had me take a test, I needed to brush up on a few areas so, she scheduled me for the classes they offer right away. The office was clean, but the lady was under dressed.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected, everything asked was easy to answer and it went quickly and easily.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I interviewed in October and I took classes for 2 months, passed tests, did modules, attended orientation, signed paperwork for 9 an hour at the end of November, started work January of the next year.

Tax Preparer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview Details – The interview process is fairly simple, they ask you a bunch of simple questions, mostly about your education and prior work experience. Nothing unexpected or crazy, just simple easy questions. The interview process isn't very selective and no one should have a hard time moving past it. The annoying part of the process is the studying and training that is required before you can begin working. You have to take a minimum of 15 hours worth of online tax school courses and then pass a test before you are allowed to work there.

Interview Question – Nothing asked was difficult in the least bit.   View Answer

Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in November 2012.

Interview Details – I called them one day to see if they were hiring. They said they offer a free class. I started going. Filled out all paperwork while training. Training was about 5 hours a week for a month. They have online homework and assessments all tax preparers must pass. Once i passed the tests they did 2-3 days of some instore training where we got to watch taxes being done. After that they set you up in the system and throw you in a nearby office. From their is it sink or swim. Ask as many questions as you can and if any problems arise your supervisor is just a phone call away.

Interview Question – Learning the whole puzzle was a little frustrating but easy. Just general things like how to print or how to get the scanner to work. how to look up customers, why wont this return pull up, oh you have to run a file transfer. ect ect. easy little stuff that you learn throughout the job.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jackson Hewitt

Worked for Jackson Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!