Jackson Hewitt Tax Preparer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

1.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

No formal interview was conducted. I think they just judge by seeing who you are, talking to you when you come in to do the tax training. But, they also do judge off your scores on the training. If you do not pass the courses, you will not likely get the job.

Interview Questions

• There were no formal questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Jackson Hewitt

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2014.

Interview

My interviewer did not even show up for my interview. I was interviewed (if you can call it that) by the front desk receptionist. I still have never met my manager. I suppose it was an easy interview, but had I known then what I know now, I would have recognized the haphazard interview as a red flag for how frustrating the rest of my brief employment here would be.

Interview Questions

• "Well, I don't really know anything about taxes; I just do the front desk. So I don't really know what to ask you. Is there anything you want to tell me?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was non-existent. I was sent an onboarding packet via email. That was it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Buffalo, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process consists of questions regarding your customer service skills. There weren't much questions in regards to tax. I had a phone interview and an in-store interview. The person must know how to deal with customer, and have some sort of tax knowledge. If you have previously filed taxes for yourself, you will be set. Training will provide you with a better understanding of tax.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnton, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Lincolnton, NC).

Interview

The process was easy. I had to fill out a paper application, then took the tax class and passed the required course and the IRS required testing. I received useful help with any questions that I had during the classes and the office was open for me to be able to use the internet.

Negotiation

There was none.

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Spoke to the owner in person, he gave me the job right away. I was full time. Now the new GM will require you to take classes before employment. I am not sure if you have to pay for it or not.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the new guy? The owner asked me this and I could not reply honestly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

He won't negotiate. The owner and old GM were fair and pleasant to work with. I am not sure if I will come back next year unless management changes. I thought my work contributed to the long term of the company, not anymore.

Tax Preparer Interview

Interview

behavior questions and prior intern experience

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience when you cannot solve the problem by yourself?   Answer Question

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Normal interview questions, nothing specific that was difficult. most one them were pretty straightforwar

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2013.

Interview

The process was simple and everyone was very nice. I love the 'feel' of the company.

Interview Questions

• I asked most of the questions and the interviewer asked easy questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase and I was still unclear on pay. Just assumed it was competive

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

It wasn't challenging at all. The hiring manager was quite funny to be honesty and looked nervous.

Negotiation

None

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

The interview process is fairly simple, they ask you a bunch of simple questions, mostly about your education and prior work experience. Nothing unexpected or crazy, just simple easy questions. The interview process isn't very selective and no one should have a hard time moving past it. The annoying part of the process is the studying and training that is required before you can begin working. You have to take a minimum of 15 hours worth of online tax school courses and then pass a test before you are allowed to work there.

Interview Questions

• Nothing asked was difficult in the least bit.   1 Answer