Jackson National Life

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.5

Actuarial Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Jackson National Life.

A recruiter contacted me about 2 weeks after I submitted my application. They left a voice message asking to set up a phone interview, so I called back within the hour but no one responded. I left a voice message with my availability for a phone interview and they did not respond until the following day to confirm an interview time and date.

On the morning of the interview, the recruiter called and told me that she needed to reschedule to a different date because of an emergency meeting. A few days later we finally had the phone interview and the recruiter I interviewed with had the audacity to send me an email during the call telling me that they were pursuing other candidates.

Overall, the HR recruiter was very unprofessional in communicating with me promptly and effectively. The fact that she sent a rejection email during the phone interview was especially concerning.

Interview Questions
  • There were no unexpected questions. The questions were basic questions about the candidate and his/her interest in the position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Jackson National Life

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jackson National Life in November 2012.

I met with the HR Reps at an Actuarial Science career fair. I was told to apply on line so I did and got a call a few days later. We talked for about 15 minutes and set up an hour long phone interview for later that week.

I had the phone interview and got a call a few days later to see if I wanted to come to Lansing for on-site interviews. I said I would love to. I met with some great people and had a lot of fun.

The interview on-site was on a Thursday and I got a call back on Monday asking me if I would like a job. It was very fast from initial contact to job offer.

I really liked how quick they were with the interview process. I am currently a senior in college looking for full time employment and have a few offers, so it is nice that the interview process is not very long.

Interview Questions