Jackson National Life Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.6

Actuarial Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Jackson National Life.

A recruiter contacted me about 2 weeks after I submitted my application. They left a voice message asking to set up a phone interview, so I called back within the hour but no one responded. I left a voice message with my availability for a phone interview and they did not respond until the following day to confirm an interview time and date.

On the morning of the interview, the recruiter called and told me that she needed to reschedule to a different date because of an emergency meeting. A few days later we finally had the phone interview and the recruiter I interviewed with had the audacity to send me an email during the call telling me that they were pursuing other candidates.

Overall, the HR recruiter was very unprofessional in communicating with me promptly and effectively. The fact that she sent a rejection email during the phone interview was especially concerning.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. The questions were basic questions about the candidate and his/her interest in the position.   Answer Question

Project Tracking Analyst, Systems Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jackson National Life in May 2014.

Applied to Project Tracking Analyst. Behavior based interview. Simple enough. Interview with VP next week. Two weeks later, was advised I would not be offered the position.
    Applied to a few other positions. Phone interviewed for System Business Analyst position. Asked to do a presentation a few weeks later. Pretty straight forward. BA role seems to be more of a Project Manager role though. Was offered position a few days later, but had a better competing offer. Tried to negotiate for compensation equal to other offer, but no luck. Declined the position.

Interview Questions
    • Standard set of interview questions. Behavior based questions seems to be the norm.   Answer Question

The compensation offered was lower than current and lower than another offer I received. Seem to be looking for the best value with employees not necessarily experience. Also looking for employees to blend in and not disrupt or change culture or processes.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jackson National Life.

Dress meticulously. Many in management here come from sales, and they judge based on what you're wearing. Don't suggest you're going to shake things up, but stress incremental improvement.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Jackson National Life in March 2014.

Applied online..had a phone interview w recruiter...went in for computer testing..was called literally 20 mins after I finished say they would like to move forward...went in for face to face with 2 dept heads...all behavioral questions,very systematic, no smiles, no extra talk, no inviting feel... took approx 15 mins...

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you made a mistake and what you did to correct it.   Answer Question

Software OJT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jackson National Life.

I applied online, then received a phone call screening. She told me to take an online logic test. When I passed that, I was flown to Lansing to take the logic test again then interview with 3 other programmers, then with a VP. They called about a week later offering me the job.

I did not negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Jackson National Life in October 2013.

Got an e-mail first followed by the phone screening of Human Resources.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in this position? What do you know about the company?   View Answer

Strategic Support Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jackson National Life in September 2013.

A typing test, as well as a test to determine your ability retain work related information were given. After that, a short interview was given. I was hired less than a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you've led a team or been a leader at work (which was difficult because I've never done either).   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Mutual Fund Accountant Intern Interview

First contact was through email, which was followed by a phone screening. After that I met with Human Resources and the Mutual Fund Supervisors. The interview process was very easy. All of the questions were behavioral and only a few technical questions, which were very basic. Overall, the interview was quick and easy.

Tax Intern Interview

I applied for another opening in this company, while the HR emailed me and discussed about this tax position. I gave myself a try. The HR called on time at 8am. The whole conversation is good. Most behavior questions and no unexpected question. No technical quesiont. One question was about how to meet the tax deadline which was a little bit tricky though.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jackson National Life in November 2012.

I met with the HR Reps at an Actuarial Science career fair. I was told to apply on line so I did and got a call a few days later. We talked for about 15 minutes and set up an hour long phone interview for later that week.

I had the phone interview and got a call a few days later to see if I wanted to come to Lansing for on-site interviews. I said I would love to. I met with some great people and had a lot of fun.

The interview on-site was on a Thursday and I got a call back on Monday asking me if I would like a job. It was very fast from initial contact to job offer.

I really liked how quick they were with the interview process. I am currently a senior in college looking for full time employment and have a few offers, so it is nice that the interview process is not very long.