Jackson State University

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jackson State University in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact was made by me as I heard of the Research Center. From there all I had to do was show up for some workshops to familiarize myself with the program and keep a high gpa.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was why should we choose you over all other students who wants to be a part of this lab   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – starting off as an undergraduate research assistant was generally 500 a month and you work your way up

Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Jackson State University.

Interview Details – Asked what my fields of interest were and how I would make the required research topic pertain to my interests and did I have enough time to devote to this internship. If your GPA is up to par, the interview is a breeze as you have proven your capability. If it is not as high as you would like, work much harder in proving that you are the person for the position.

Interview Question – Asked what my fields of interest were and how I would make the required research topic pertain to my interests. The interview process was fairly simple and straightforward.   Answer Question

Professor Interview

Professor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jackson State University.

Interview Details – Apply online and complete all steps. The process is simple and straight forward. Decisions are made at the level of the department that is hiring.

Interview Question – Where will you be in five years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant

The process took a day - interviewed at Jackson State University in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was ok. It was straightforward. Basically I already had the job. It was one of those first come first serve. However, going through the process is almost like pledging. They are very strict on time.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Budget Clerk Interview

Budget Clerk

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Jackson State University in November 2010.

Interview Details – Will explain at a later date.

Interview Question – Just different question about working with difficult people   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Jackson State University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jackson State University interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Jackson State University employees and interview candidates.