Jacobs

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Test Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dugway, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dugway, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in February 2012.

I applied for the position in Dugway, UT when I still lived in Texas. I was called about five days later for an interview. I informed the HR rep that I was still in Texas and asked if they could accommodate with a phone interview. He agreed and we set the interview up for the following week. That night, I received word that a good friend of mine had died and that the funeral was going to be during the time I was supposed to have the interview. I called the HR rep the next day and he gladly rescheduled the interview for me.

During the interview, I spoke with four managers. They all asked various questions and the tone was very relaxed yet professional. In all, the interview lasted between 30-45 minutes and I hung up with the impression that I would get the job. Three days later, they called and offered me the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask me anything really difficult-- all standard interview questions. Perhaps the most unexpected question was regarding snow-- coming from Texas, they wanted to be sure that I could handle working and living in the snow.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate for a relocation fee but for the most part, the salary was non-negotiable. It was more like a "take it or leave it" salary-- I ended up taking it because it was actually a decent offer.