Jacobs Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.4

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

They were getting to know me. They asked me about my past experience and classes. They also asked how did I hear about the company and why I wanted to intern there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Jacobs

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was as they weren't interested in me as much as they were about filling a slot & getting paid for it but their sole customer.

Pay offer was poor & no sense of advancement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jacobs (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

interview at the career fair , phone call, interview at the office

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Houston, TX) in March 2008.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a friend. I was called and set up an interview with three levels of management at once. The next day I visited the office and talked with some of my future coworkers. I was offered the job a week later. Then it was at least two weeks before HR and I could come to a deal.

Interview Questions

• Describe a personality confict you had and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Vacation time was off the table for negotiation. Salary is the only variable. They took my first offer, which was a 20% increase over my last job. They were still working on their process at the time though, so there was a lot of delay finalizing the paperwork. They have that together now.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

One technical test and one-on-one interview

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs in April 2010.

Interview

phone interview, followed by 1:1. Very open discussions

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a project here? What steps would you take to produce a sucessful job?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs in March 2010.

Interview

called from agent they need some one very familiar with ethylene plant cracker, do design job outside usa. OK, talked on phone, manager sound nice, also knowledgeable, asked several questions , not difficult. then asked to go to their office, several people interviewed me. I guess I am more experienced in this field than anyone else. Client cancled their project, so no offer, other wise, go abroad, and first 100 K free of tax.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs in January 2008.

Interview

went over resume. asked series of impromptu questions, mostly follow up questions on resume items