Jacobs

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview Details – It was as they weren't interested in me as much as they were about filling a slot & getting paid for it but their sole customer.

Reason for Declining – Pay offer was poor & no sense of advancement.

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jacobs in March 2008.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through a friend. I was called and set up an interview with three levels of management at once. The next day I visited the office and talked with some of my future coworkers. I was offered the job a week later. Then it was at least two weeks before HR and I could come to a deal.

Interview Question – Describe a personality confict you had and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Vacation time was off the table for negotiation. Salary is the only variable. They took my first offer, which was a 20% increase over my last job. They were still working on their process at the time though, so there was a lot of delay finalizing the paperwork. They have that together now.

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jacobs in November 2011.

Interview Details – interview at the career fair , phone call, interview at the office

Interview Question – you have to know what is the company all about   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview Details – One technical test and one-on-one interview

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs in March 2010.

Interview Details – called from agent they need some one very familiar with ethylene plant cracker, do design job outside usa. OK, talked on phone, manager sound nice, also knowledgeable, asked several questions , not difficult. then asked to go to their office, several people interviewed me. I guess I am more experienced in this field than anyone else. Client cancled their project, so no offer, other wise, go abroad, and first 100 K free of tax.

Interview Question – process you familiar   Answer Question

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs in April 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview, followed by 1:1. Very open discussions

Interview Question – How would you manage a project here? What steps would you take to produce a sucessful job?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs in January 2008.

Interview Details – went over resume.
asked series of impromptu questions, mostly follow up questions on resume items

Interview Question – what is your name   Answer Question

Worked for Jacobs? Contribute to the Community!