Jacobs Engineering

127 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Procurement Specialist Interview

Procurement Specialist

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Jacobs Engineering.

Interview Details – the interviewing process was great. it wasn't the typical questions asked. the questions asked were relevant to whether or not i could do the job i was being hired for

Negotiation Details – by me being a contractor, there is a set rate no negotiations

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Edison, NJ

I applied online and interviewed at Jacobs Engineering.

Interview Details – I was contacted via phone to interview and interviewed with two managers. I did not realize until they told me they were hiring two people for the same position. It was a basic interview just discussing my experience and skills and a bit about the work.

Interview Question – Very easy, no difficult questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was the same as I was currently making. Initial offer was entry level but manager got budget raised. While appreciated, it didn't make sense for me to accept.

Project Engineer III Interview

Project Engineer III
Washington, DC

I interviewed at Jacobs Engineering in April 2010.

Interview Details – two interviews--phone and in person very professional. met with man for whom I would eventually be working. did not get ot meet with client and client was most challenging part of the whole project.

Interview Question – none unexpected--typical strengths, weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Distribution Process Advocate Interview

Distribution Process Advocate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jacobs Engineering in March 2012.

Interview Details – My initial interview occurred via phone with the hiring manager after his review of my resume. I was hired immediately following the interview and sent to Camp Lejeune, NC and Albany, GA for training prior to moving to my overseas assignment. I met with the hiring manager three days prior to departing for Afghanistan.

Interview Question – The hiring manager asked if I would be able to handle the rigors of Kandahar, Afghanistan due to the high number of rocket attacks occurring on a regular basis. He was quite comfortable with my logistics background and had no serious concern for my work ethic and abilities to perform the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The hiring manager provided me with the annual salary for Kandahar, but stressed the rigors of being in that particular combat environment as much more impoprtant than being there just because of the high salary.

Piping Designer Interview

Piping Designer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jacobs Engineering in May 2014.

Interview Details – Sent resume through school adviser and was set up with an interview within the week. Very well structured and informative. They let me know there was no promises as to whether I would get hired. I was hired the next week and filled out paper work and was on the job the following week.

Interview Question – What was the hardest task you have ever had to overcome?   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Procurement Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jacobs Engineering in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, then went in for an interview then was called a couple of days afterwards and was hired. in total it took about 2-3 weeks from the initial interview to getting an offer

Interview Question – They asked me the usual questions regarding my previous job. nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I really didn't do much negotiation, since I was pretty happy to leave previous job and the salary was more than I was making

Document Control Interview

Document Control
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Jacobs Engineering in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had two initial phone conversations followed by an interview with HR. I was then recommended for a second interview with the project manager. Great initial perception of the office structure and team.

Interview Question – None, the questions were the general work history, experience and qualifications.   Answer Question

Junior Engineer Interview

Junior Engineer

Interviewed at Jacobs Engineering

Interview Details – HR, and technical

Interview Question – what do you want to do after you leave this company   Answer Question

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Control Systems Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Jacobs Engineering.

Interview Details – Young engineers are brought in for a full day to speak with engineers with varying levels of experience. The interview process is intended to be comfortable and open. Lunch is provided.

Interview Question – Interviewees are never "put on the spot" during the interview process. Questions are generic, but relevant. What experience does the candidate bring? How can they demonstrate their work ethic?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took first offer

Structural Engineer I Interview

Structural Engineer I

Interviewed at Jacobs Engineering

Interview Details – Phone - > on site

Interview Question – How can you fit in in our team?   Answer Question

Worked for Jacobs Engineering? Contribute to the Community!