Jacobs Engineering

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Jacobs Engineering.

Interview Details – Young engineers are brought in for a full day to speak with engineers with varying levels of experience. The interview process is intended to be comfortable and open. Lunch is provided.

Interview Question – Interviewees are never "put on the spot" during the interview process. Questions are generic, but relevant. What experience does the candidate bring? How can they demonstrate their work ethic?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took first offer

Structural Engineer I Interview

Interviewed at Jacobs Engineering

Interview Details – Phone - > on site

Interview Question – How can you fit in in our team?   Answer Question

Interior Designer Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jacobs Engineering in September 2010.

Interview Details – There were two interviews, one with the HR Recruiter, one with the Discipline Director.
They are interested in people with experience with their core clients.
The office culture was not noticeable - it is a very quiet work place but people were friendly when introduced.

Negotiation Details – I took what was offered. Increases in salary are intermittent, so ask for your high number. Note that they are flexible on schedule and work place.

Environmenal Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Jacobs Engineering.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly informal. Due to my location at the time of the initial interview I interviewed over the phone. I then followed up my initial interview with an in-person interview with several people in the department. Other positions that have been hired since I have started have been similar or they have been all day interviews with each member of the group.

Interview Question – I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions, simply questions that related to my position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No salary range was listed for the position, instead I was asked what salary I wanted. I had recently moved to the state and was not entirely sure what to request. I later realized I provided a salary too low. It has been the biggest mistake I have made.

Project Controls Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jacobs Engineering in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied thru online

Interview Question – Introduce yourself from the college   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

BD Manager Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Jacobs Engineering in January 2013.

Interview Details – Good questions, honest feeback, interest in the process and helping people identify their interests, no silly questions, fly you as needed for interviews, good benefits but better people, a lot of acquisitions, focused on shareholders, lots of questions, good interns.

Interview Question – Where are you from?   View Answer

IT Systems Manager Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs Engineering in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then meeting with customer.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as I was brought in at the top of the pay scale.

Associate Principal Engineer Interview

Fort Walton Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jacobs Engineering.

Interview Details – THe interview process was mainly a formality. If the customer wanted you then you would be hired.

Negotiation Details – Relatively easy.

Electrical Designer III Interview

New Orleans, LA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Jacobs Engineering.

Interview Details – Don't count on a quick process. It took almost 3 months from the first interview to the first day of work. After the first interview it was 4 weeks until the second interview. Then I didn't hear from them for 2 months. At the time of the offer it was an email, no phone call, and was a form letter at that. Very impersonal.

Interview Question – Did I have any experience working on a team. My resume showed nothing but team based experience from the Military to Commercial Diving to Communications. I don't think the 1st interviewer even read my resume until minutes before the interview. Then it went into what I call the "Key Word" section. This is where generic leading questions are asked and the interviewer listens for the "key words" that someone else wrote down for them. Then there is THE QUESTION; " Why do you want to work here? " I work because I need the money. I do not want to work for you because I want to join your club or hang out with you or make the bestest of friends. I'm here for the money. But you can't say that so I think I said something else. I was offered a job so it must have sounded somewhat convincing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short and sweet. Here's what we are offering take it or leave it there are 100 other people that want this job as well as you. Feel lucky we are offering it to you. Well maybe said in a bit more Politically Correct way.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Mechanical Engineer I

Interviewed at Jacobs Engineering

Interview Details – One application online, and afterwards an interview

Interview Question – If I had planned to have children with my girlfriend.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jacobs Engineering

Worked for Jacobs Engineering? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jacobs Engineering interview questions and advice. All 114 interview reviews posted anonymously by Jacobs Engineering employees and interview candidates.