Jacobs Engineering

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs Engineering in October 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with about 8 interviewers, including managers and experienced engineers.

Interview Question – Most of the questions are related to fundamental knowledge on chemical engineering.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs Engineering in June 2009.

Interview Details – You have a series of 4 people interview you out of the department with the final person being the department manager. He usually gets feed back from those that interview you before he enters the room so he knows whether he wants to hire you or not usually when he walks in. You usually hear back in with in two weeks with and offer letter or a thanks but no thanks letter.

Interview Question – what is the most difficult challenge that you have had in your working career?   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs Engineering in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was called based on the recommendation of a friend for an interview. Was interviewed seperatelly by two. The first one asked, to my opinion, too many private question and the second one was very professional and confident. I did not like that Jacobs is not taking responsibility for their people in bad time with an attitude " we are not the shelter". I believe for a good company and stable society , it it important to keep good people coz they supported the company in good times, but in bad times, they are not good enough.

Interview Question – On a scale from 1-10, how good am I in process simulator   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Process Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Jacobs Engineering.

Interview Details – Our strong track record of refinery projects for major clients includes successful projects for industry leaders such as ExxonMobil, Shell, BP, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Valero, Total, and Neste Oil.

Interview Question – 3 most negative attributes in the workplace   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – i got a job in canada

Interviewed at Jacobs Engineering

Interview Details – very fast and very profesional. Interesting

Interview Question – some techincal questions related to some previous projects   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Calgary, AB (Canada)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jacobs Engineering in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was for Process Engineer -New grad position and was held at the University career services office.
The interviewers were a Lead Engineer and HR specialist. It was interactive interview around my resume.It was very friendly and little informal. The main interviewer was the technical while the HR person was asking a Q from time to time.

What kind of projects did you work in?
Have you worked in small teams or only big teams? Challenges with a project?
What do you do outside work?
Have you travelled/work abroad?
Expected graduation date? eligibility to work in Canada?
How many courses are you taking?
Software/programs capabilities!!
Do you like multiple tasks or one task?
Why did you choose Jacobs? What do you know about Jacobs?
What kind of sports do you like?
Tell me about task you proud of?
Questions related to previous experiences?Internship?Part time work?,... (They prefer ppl with previous experience,internships)

The interviewers were super friendly and welcomy and trying to give you info and advice as much as they could.

To prepare:
-Prepare situations,well summarized.
-Resume organization is important.
-Be simple and confident
-Consult Career services at you school for preparation and support.

After 2weeks, they called me for a visit to the company where I met a young engineer giving me intro about the company ,the environment and kind of work. Also, I received the offer before that visit. They assume you would discuss the offer content when you are in their office.

Good Luck

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Process Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Jacobs Engineering in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interviews are based upon recognition and your skill level.

Interview Question – What is your most negative personal character   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jacobs Engineering

Worked for Jacobs Engineering? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jacobs Engineering Process Engineer interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Jacobs Engineering employees and interview candidates.