Jacobs Engineering Technician Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

The interview for a small business teammate of Jacobs was conducted by Jacobs personnel who then instructed the small business to hire me.

Interview Questions

• The lack of questions was hard to understand. Then I found out they did not know or understand what I was being hired to do. They simply had the requisition for the position and needed to fill the slot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, simply here's what is to be paid. Later I found out what you walk in the door making, is what you'll make as long as you are there. No merit raises, etc...

Other Interview Reviews for Jacobs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs (Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD) in February 2011.

Interview

I was bidding internally for the position the I currently am in. The interview process was pretty easy considering I was already an employee with the company. I think it's a little crazy the you have to interview for another position just to move up. When I interview the first time a few years ago there was a phone interview, then a group interview, and once I accepted the offer there was a background check.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions about safety and how I'd respond in certain situations   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs (Dearborn, MI) in January 2009.

Interview

I interviewed for a different position then I was actually offered. The position I was offered was actually a better fit for my background. There was nothing difficult about the interview process. Everyone was friendly and polite. I was called in for a face to face interview initially. This was a contract position with a customer and I would be on site at there facility.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tricky here just general work history and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs (Hampton, VA) in February 2008.

Interview

I was contact by human resources setting up a face to face interview with the hiring manager and group manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical question: What is your biggest flaw/ worst habit   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiations. I had to take a pay cut for "opportunities". Unfortunetly... those "opportunities" haven't come around.

Engineering Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs in November 2010.

Interview

It was a difficult interview. Lots of technical engineering questions about structures etc. I didn't know enough about bridges. They asked a lot of questions about bridges. I don't come from an engineering background so maybe i shouldn't have gone for this job. The HR person interviewing me was very nice on the phone and didn't grill me.