Jacobs Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.6

Project Engineer V Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

Phone interview that lasted all of 5 min to setup site interview. Within one week of interview I was presented an offer. Not much to really say more about it, it was very easy which goes to show that Jacobs is somewhat of a body shop like S&B

Interview Questions
    negotiated extra week off of vacation and was agreed

Environmental Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs.

Three part interview. Step one, panel interview with the local office principals and management team. Step two, interview with the intended department management team. Step three, casual lunch with members of the intended department in similar positions.

Interview Questions
    • Pertained to a project for which the work I conducted under ineffective senior management, and the details about which I was unprepared to tactfully but genuinely describe.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

I had a phone interview and then onsite interview with key personnel to talk about industry background and how my experiences would fit to the consultancy work done. The process was intriguing based on the conceptual work, and the components of advisory work the office is looking for.. technical + soft peoples skill analyzing on a macro level

pegged against current compensation + 30% raise

Systems Administrator Interview

I was first contacted and set up a telephonic interview. The interview was successful. They called back after they recieved funding. I then did another telephonic interview. I had to send in my resume and apply again. The overall process was long, but was fairly easy. They only had parttime so I declined.

Offered only parttime.

Field Tech Interview

Questions by three people and answers were given. Job is one I am over qualified and they didn't deny that, but did not reward either. They all took time to ask questions one by one until they were done. all were outgoing and it was a fun interview, we spoke of me and them as well as the job here and there.

I tried and they were hard headed

Intern Interview

3 Engineers Conducting Interview, asked typical interview questions as they ran through my resume. This interview was with the transportation division. They wanted to hire someone who was a dedicated transportation engineer.

Construction Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

Initiated with a couple of informal phone interviews which resulted in a face to face at the main office. The process was relatively simply and straight forward. The process was a positive experience. There was a quick offer after the face to face interview and an immediate response was requested. The process was efficient.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were straight forward and to the point. There were not any of the ridiculous "if you were an animal what would you be" questions. We discussed the position, my experience and leadership style. Everything was relevant to the program and position.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was limited due to the position and available budget. A counteroffer of was presented and accepted. Information regarding benefits was not made available upon request. It was not refused just overlooked and I did not press the issue as it was a minor factor in evaluation of the offer.

Procurement Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Jacobs.

the interviewing process was great. it wasn't the typical questions asked. the questions asked were relevant to whether or not i could do the job i was being hired for

by me being a contractor, there is a set rate no negotiations

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Jacobs.

I was contacted via phone to interview and interviewed with two managers. I did not realize until they told me they were hiring two people for the same position. It was a basic interview just discussing my experience and skills and a bit about the work.

Interview Questions

It was the same as I was currently making. Initial offer was entry level but manager got budget raised. While appreciated, it didn't make sense for me to accept.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

Applied online and received a phone call to set up interview about 2 weeks later. Went in for interview with HR manager and two others for panel interview. Received notification of offer via phone then actual offer letter via email within 1 week. Got start date within 1 month and filled out several papers prior to orientation. Had to go to medical onsite prior to getting authorization to proceed to work area.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult. Major focus on safety and knowledge of Jacob's Safety program on website.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Set salary (take it or leave it)