Jacobs Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.6

Project Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Submitted resume and application on-line. There was a phone interview about the position and then they invited me to meet with management of the project. They asked traditional questions. Afterwards, we talked again by phone and met one more time to negotiate the salary. There was a drug test and then I began working at the project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? About my work experience.   1 Answer

Fire Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs (Conshohocken, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

First met with the local head of HR for a short interview and description of benefits package along with a brief description of the company and their corporate philosophy. Next met with the senior member of the team I would be working with for a more in-depth interview to gauge my personality. Then met with the two bosses in charge of the department I would be working in, along with a junior engineer. This final interview was the least formal of the three. Very friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time that you had to perform above the call of duty.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jacobs (Las Cruces, NM) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and my prospective supervisor. Only took approximately 30 minutes and the questions were strait forward and easy. I was asked about my experience and how it pertained to the position I was applying for. I was also asked what my long term goals were with respect to working with Jacobs. Over all it was a positive interview with very friendly people

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edwards AFB, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jacobs (Edwards AFB, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty easy. Very relaxed and not too many technical questions. Just a chance for them to get to know me. We had a few good laughs and I asked them a couple of questions myself. Any questions I did not understand, they were happy to reiterate and were patient with me. Seems like I already had the job since the whole process took about 4 hours and included a payed lunch. Overall, pretty easy and not stressful.

Interview Questions

• Go through your resume and describe each section in more detail.   Answer Question

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jacobs (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I got a phone interview through a personal reference. They talked about what the job and training process was like, asked me to expand on some things in my resume, asked if I'd had a chance to look at the website and read their core values etc (I had fortunately!) and we talked about that some. They set up an in-person interview at the end. There was nothing really technical.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in control systems?   1 Answer

Process Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

First you do a phone interview. Next, you get called in and talk to the hiring managers. After, you will speak with 4-5 fellow engineers individually and they will ask you about anything from school to work experience to your work ethic in general. Very nice and professional people and they want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• What was your senior project about and how did you contribute?   Answer Question

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jacobs (Kingsport, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview hasn't happened yet but I will repost as I am only doing this to find out what kind of salary to expect when the offer comes to me. I really want to know what to expect when I get to the interview and I don't want to be blindsided by anything they throw at me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm having the interview today and I love using glassdoor because it helps me know what to expect when I get in the room with a potential employer.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. And several weeks later, they emailed me for my portfolio for further consideration. After that, I was asked for a phone call interview. Two group leaders in the phone call and ask me questions. Relax speaking and always laughs. They also talked about how they work and how they cooperate together and said they don't want their intern doing general office things but real design.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your working experience, your goal, team working experience and general things like that.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs (Nashua, NH) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two current employees for one hour each, making the total interview process two hours long. They both asked similar questions although one had me write code on a whiteboard while the other had me write it on a piece of paper. They gave me a brief tour of the facility afterwards.

Interview Questions

• General questions about data structures and C# / Java topics. Some code-writing prompts. One logic puzzle and one problem where I had to determine what was wrong with some code on a whiteboard.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my app online, and then I got notification of a phone interview a few days later. They called to change the time after confirming it on the same day, which might have been accidental but I'm not entirely convinced. and then about a week after the interview I was offered the job after they ensured I had not taken an offer elsewhere.