Jacobs Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Sat down with two people from the software engineering department. Both were about a 45 minutes long. First asked strictly technical questions. Second was more of a less hand-on interview.

Cost Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs (Kingsport, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview hasn't happened yet but I will repost as I am only doing this to find out what kind of salary to expect when the offer comes to me. I really want to know what to expect when I get to the interview and I don't want to be blindsided by anything they throw at me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm having the interview today and I love using glassdoor because it helps me know what to expect when I get in the room with a potential employer.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I was overqualified for the position and came through a consulting firm, so not many questions. Rather I was told what I would be doing and when I should start. If you know someone internal with some hiring authority you journey is smooth and simple, probably one step or no step process.

Process Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Very relaxed and straight forward. I interviewed with 4 current employees of varying levels in the company. Getting to speak in a somewhat informal manner with a vp helped me learn a great deal about the company and what to expect.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

They were getting to know me. They asked me about my past experience and classes. They also asked how did I hear about the company and why I wanted to intern there.

Data Acquisition and Control Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jacobs (Murfreesboro, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

it was a really nice short interview plus a tour . You have to dress professional and bring some evidence of your past work or jobs plus you should be able to well describe them or answer any question related to them .of course dress professionally and be on time

Process Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

I applied around Feb and interviewed in March. They took three weeks to respond with an offer. The interview was 6 hours long. The HR department was in contact within 3 weeks to inform me it would be another 2 weeks. They called 1 week later and made an offer. There was no negotiation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Senior Structural Engineer - Oakland Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Interview was arranged via an ad on the SEAONC job board. In person interview was over two hours long. The interviewers never asked me any question about my total engineering background. They believe that the projects you worked on 14 years ago make you the engineer you are today. I had other more relevant projects that benefitted the organization than those fro 14 years ago. No technical questions were asked to test the applicants. I felt humilted because they personally attacked me over my work history. The office said they had lots of people working there yet the cubicles were not even furnished.

Interview Questions

• There were NO unexpected questions. There were difficult questions that were more like personal attacks.   Answer Question

Site Acquisition Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Clear and concise, good description of the position and activities. Met with HR Manager and then Project Manager. Described expectations and future opportunities very clearly. Good interaction about why the position is a good fit with my background and experience in other fields

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high pressure situations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Specific and informative

Creative Specialist Interview

Interview

Contacted via email; and it turned out to be a surprise group interview with all the team members where you need to show your portfolio and talk about yourself. The interview lasted about 30-40 minutes. They ask you many questions about your skills and background to get an idea. They will also assess your personality during the interview so please appear positive and professional. In addition, the dress code is business formal- business casual but please dress conservatively.