Jacobs

181 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and then onsite interview with key personnel to talk about industry background and how my experiences would fit to the consultancy work done. The process was intriguing based on the conceptual work, and the components of advisory work the office is looking for.. technical + soft peoples skill analyzing on a macro level

Interview Question – growth expectations in a flat organization   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pegged against current compensation + 30% raise

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator

Interviewed at Jacobs

Interview Details – I was first contacted and set up a telephonic interview. The interview was successful. They called back after they recieved funding. I then did another telephonic interview. I had to send in my resume and apply again. The overall process was long, but was fairly easy. They only had parttime so I declined.

Interview Question – One animal that describes you and why?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offered only parttime.

Field Tech Interview

Field Tech

Interviewed at Jacobs

Interview Details – Questions by three people and answers were given. Job is one I am over qualified and they didn't deny that, but did not reward either. They all took time to ask questions one by one until they were done. all were outgoing and it was a fun interview, we spoke of me and them as well as the job here and there.

Negotiation Details – I tried and they were hard headed

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Jacobs

Interview Details – 3 Engineers Conducting Interview, asked typical interview questions as they ran through my resume. This interview was with the transportation division. They wanted to hire someone who was a dedicated transportation engineer.

Construction Project Manager Interview

Construction Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview Details – Initiated with a couple of informal phone interviews which resulted in a face to face at the main office. The process was relatively simply and straight forward. The process was a positive experience. There was a quick offer after the face to face interview and an immediate response was requested. The process was efficient.

Interview Question – Questions were straight forward and to the point. There were not any of the ridiculous "if you were an animal what would you be" questions. We discussed the position, my experience and leadership style. Everything was relevant to the program and position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was limited due to the position and available budget. A counteroffer of was presented and accepted. Information regarding benefits was not made available upon request. It was not refused just overlooked and I did not press the issue as it was a minor factor in evaluation of the offer.

Procurement Specialist Interview

Procurement Specialist

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview Details – the interviewing process was great. it wasn't the typical questions asked. the questions asked were relevant to whether or not i could do the job i was being hired for

Negotiation Details – by me being a contractor, there is a set rate no negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Edison, NJ

I applied online and interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview Details – I was contacted via phone to interview and interviewed with two managers. I did not realize until they told me they were hiring two people for the same position. It was a basic interview just discussing my experience and skills and a bit about the work.

Interview Question – Very easy, no difficult questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was the same as I was currently making. Initial offer was entry level but manager got budget raised. While appreciated, it didn't make sense for me to accept.

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone call to set up interview about 2 weeks later. Went in for interview with HR manager and two others for panel interview. Received notification of offer via phone then actual offer letter via email within 1 week. Got start date within 1 month and filled out several papers prior to orientation. Had to go to medical onsite prior to getting authorization to proceed to work area.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult. Major focus on safety and knowledge of Jacob's Safety program on website.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Set salary (take it or leave it)

Project Engineer III Interview

Project Engineer III
Washington, DC

I interviewed at Jacobs in April 2010.

Interview Details – two interviews--phone and in person very professional. met with man for whom I would eventually be working. did not get ot meet with client and client was most challenging part of the whole project.

Interview Question – none unexpected--typical strengths, weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Designer Interview

Designer
Tullahoma, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview Details – Number of interviews, I think one, the rest of the time was to talk with HR. Overall, I had a nerve racking interview, but everyone was nice to me. I worked there for a number of years and I liked it. They give you 401K plans and the opportunity to buy company stock.

Interview Question – I don't remember now, but one of the questions was about why you would want to work there.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, not much negotiations were made

Worked for Jacobs? Contribute to the Community!