Jacobs Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.6

IT Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jacobs in January 2007.

Interview

long and tedious, more paper work than any company in the past

Interview Questions

Negotiation

stubborn

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs (Canberra (Australia)) in April 2014.

Interview

I was Interviewed by 3 people in their head office. They didn't provide any background information about the job so I was not able to prepare myself for the interview. The process revolved around a recruitment company and them, most of the information I obtained was via the recruitment agency.

Interview Questions

• Probed with background questions and asked a lot of technical questions in relation to the task they had in mind they didn't really ask much about my knowledge of Jacobs.   1 Answer
    • One question that was repeated over and over was ethics.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Interview was arranged via an ad on the SEAONC job board. In person interview was over two hours long. The interviewers never asked me any question about my total engineering background. They believe that the projects you worked on 14 years ago make you the engineer you are today. I had other more relevant projects that benefitted the organization than those fro 14 years ago. No technical questions were asked to test the applicants. I felt humilted because they personally attacked me over my work history. The office said they had lots of people working there yet the cubicles were not even furnished.

Interview Questions

• There were NO unexpected questions. There were difficult questions that were more like personal attacks.   Answer Question

Graduate Transport Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was more like an assessment, first we were given a presentation, then a numerical and report writing test. Thereafter, a one hour interview with two of their directors. It was a really nice experience as it was my first time, though I didn't really do well in the tests.

Interview Questions

• Technical question: What are the input variables when modelling with ARCADY?   1 Answer

CADD Designer V Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in September 2010.

Interview

Not a fast process. During my initial hiring I was contacted by Corporate out of California, then locally. The whole process took about 4 weeks. The local manager wanted to go to lunch twice and dinner once. I appreciated the meals but the process could have been more streamlined.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current employer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation took awhile, but I asked for more than the common person I think.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jacobs in September 2014.

Interview

First an aptitude test was conducted. Questions mostly consisted of Fluid mechanics, Strength of meterials and other basic concepts. Then we had a group discussion round. We had to discuss about a social issue given by them (goverment corruption, affirmative action, teenage suicide). Then those selected in both got to the interview stage.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

Done over skype by two people in a friendly way but followed a procedure. They are very big on safety in Jacobs and asked how planned/considered my safety in day to day. Also asked a few technical questions and how i would go about designing a large building

Interview Questions

• big on safety, my past experience and where I saw myself in 5 years   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Three part interview. Step one, panel interview with the local office principals and management team. Step two, interview with the intended department management team. Step three, casual lunch with members of the intended department in similar positions.

Interview Questions

• Pertained to a project for which the work I conducted under ineffective senior management, and the details about which I was unprepared to tactfully but genuinely describe.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jacobs (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

First I had a quick telephone interview. Next I had a face to face interview with the recruiter and manager for HR. The recruiter was friendly, asked behavioral questions but the manager was a nightmare. The manager just kept grilling questions and did not listen, I guess that was her style. I would not accept the offer if I had been offered a job, working for an HR dictator would be miserable.

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andheri (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jacobs (Andheri (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Hiring process involved an initial General Aptitude and followed by Technical Aptitude test. Then it was the GD round. Interview involved Technical questions covering subjects like SOM, TOM, Machine Design and RAC among others.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Well there was no need for negotiation since the job profile was great. Salary is good.