Jacobs Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.6

IT Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs in January 2007.

long and tedious, more paper work than any company in the past

stubborn

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs in April 2010.

phone interview, followed by 1:1. Very open discussions

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage a project here? What steps would you take to produce a sucessful job?   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs in November 2010.

A recruiter called me and did an initial phone screen. This was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager with some screening questions but otherwise was behavior-based. I the phone interview with an office interview with the hiring manager. The questions went further into detail on work experience and work style and were also behavior based. After this, I had a second in-person interview with the hiring manager's manager, and two peers. Everyone was very pleasant, welcoming and professional. Work environment/culture seemed pretty typical of this kind of large Engineering firm

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you implemented something that didn't go well and could have been improved.   Answer Question

Business Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in February 2010.

Intial interview was very detailed. Thorough questioning on a wide range of subjects- was physically sweating by the end. . .. Personal interview was very informal and relaxed with a group of prospective peers and supervisors. Felt very comfortable with the management team I met.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the Software requirments determination process   Answer Question
    • Describe the data flow from unit to LOGSA on various Army STAMIS   Answer Question

Salary too low

Process Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in July 2011.

Began with a simple phone interview with small behavioral questions and questions about the company. The panel interview follow approximately 4 weeks later, where it was extremely difficult to receive progress updates as well as organize an interview date.

The interview consisted of the HR Manager, Chief Process Engineer and a Graduate Student. The interview lasted for 1 hour and consisted of detailed behavioral questions ranging from team to leadership roles and situations.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to deal with a bad teammate and how did you approach this.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you saw something unsafe, and how did you react to this.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadodara (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadodara (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs in February 2008.

With single well planned interview by the group of interviewers and attained the practical test interview. For interview candidates "you should be very skilled you can go as long as in interview but dont say faque on the topic which you dont know."

Interview Questions
    • the End reactions of beams for different end cases   View Answer
    • connection details for beams columns and bracings   View Answer

Piping Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jurong East New Town (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jurong East New Town (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs in March 2012.

There are telephonic interview for skill test & software skill & number of years of perticular experience.

Interview Questions
    • Are u satify with your current employer?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

Interviewed with 6 different people over the course of a day.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jacobs in June 2008.

During this process I went through three interviews with were with the upper management down to the employees on the projects. The interviews were very open allowing both sides to explore whether I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • A difficult question was to what my style was in dealing with a difficult client and how to manage them.   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation phase. Due to the size of the company they offered a set package for compensation and benefits. Both of these were acceptable to me.

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

They use a 3 part interview process. One will be informal, to assess you attitude, one will assess you aptitude, and one to sell Jacobs.

Interview Questions
    • For the most part, they tailor the questions to fit your experiences.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.