Jacobs Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.6

IT Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jacobs in January 2007.

Interview

long and tedious, more paper work than any company in the past

Interview Questions

Negotiation

stubborn

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Interview was arranged via an ad on the SEAONC job board. In person interview was over two hours long. The interviewers never asked me any question about my total engineering background. They believe that the projects you worked on 14 years ago make you the engineer you are today. I had other more relevant projects that benefitted the organization than those fro 14 years ago. No technical questions were asked to test the applicants. I felt humilted because they personally attacked me over my work history. The office said they had lots of people working there yet the cubicles were not even furnished.

Interview Questions

• There were NO unexpected questions. There were difficult questions that were more like personal attacks.   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

1st: I applied on their career website.
    2nd: I received a phone call asking if I am available for a face-to-face interview.
    3rd: Interview day. There were 5 candidates and first we had a presentation about the company given by a member of Jacobs. Then there was a group exercise where we had to discuss about the challenges for civil engineers in the future. Last stage was a face-to-face interview lasting 1 hour. The interviewer asked me some competency based questions and a technical question at the end.

Interview Questions

• Technical question - They showed me a highway section drawing and asked me to describe all documents are necessary in the design process.   Answer Question

CADD Designer V Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in September 2010.

Interview

Not a fast process. During my initial hiring I was contacted by Corporate out of California, then locally. The whole process took about 4 weeks. The local manager wanted to go to lunch twice and dinner once. I appreciated the meals but the process could have been more streamlined.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current employer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation took awhile, but I asked for more than the common person I think.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jacobs (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

First I had a quick telephone interview. Next I had a face to face interview with the recruiter and manager for HR. The recruiter was friendly, asked behavioral questions but the manager was a nightmare. The manager just kept grilling questions and did not listen, I guess that was her style. I would not accept the offer if I had been offered a job, working for an HR dictator would be miserable.

Transportation Planner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in March 2013.

Interview

In-person interview with group/panel. There weren't any surprising questions. The process was involved, but not exhausting. It got repetitious with employees coming and going to ask questions, but I didn't find the process unpleasant. The process was actually very welcoming and warm...warmer than any other interview that I've done.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Three part interview. Step one, panel interview with the local office principals and management team. Step two, interview with the intended department management team. Step three, casual lunch with members of the intended department in similar positions.

Interview Questions

• Pertained to a project for which the work I conducted under ineffective senior management, and the details about which I was unprepared to tactfully but genuinely describe.   Answer Question

Process Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

I applied around Feb and interviewed in March. They took three weeks to respond with an offer. The interview was 6 hours long. The HR department was in contact within 3 weeks to inform me it would be another 2 weeks. They called 1 week later and made an offer. There was no negotiation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andheri (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jacobs (Andheri (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Hiring process involved an initial General Aptitude and followed by Technical Aptitude test. Then it was the GD round. Interview involved Technical questions covering subjects like SOM, TOM, Machine Design and RAC among others.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Well there was no need for negotiation since the job profile was great. Salary is good.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jacobs (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

I launched the online application though company website. After around 3 weeks, received notification for video interview on vieple. it consisted 4 questions.secondly, panel interview, thirdly background check. Lastly, reference check

Interview Questions

• how you know about jacobs, what position are you applying for and why   Answer Question