Jacobs

Updated Feb 28, 2015
Updated Feb 28, 2015

2.6

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Jacobs.

The Whole process Started with an aptitude test followed by a technical test. After elimination based on these scores, the second stage, Group discussion was held. Some more people were removed and he short listed were taken for Personal interview. There were 4 interview taking places simultaneously by 4 different people. Some had very difficult technical questions but were selected, whereas others had easier questions and not necessarily selected.

Interview Questions
    • Everything on your C.V. was asked in detail. Also your technical strength on subjects like TOM, SOM, Design were tested.   Answer Question

Process Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Jacobs in November 2014.

I met with Jacobs at a school career fair and handed in a resume. They later contacted me for an interview. The interview was very conversational, and was around 2 and a half hours long. I interviewed with five people: first session with one, second with two, third with two.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a very broad spectrum of questions. Mostly reviewing your resume, and experience. No technical questions. They were all very nice people, none were awkward, they just want to get a feel for who you are and what you're capable of.   Answer Question

Graduate Electrical Engineer Water/Wastewater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs in December 2014.

I was contacted after 2 weeks from my application date. They wanted me for a two hour Interview including company overview, group exercise and finally Interviewed by two persons. The one was principal engineer and the other was senior engineer. The group exercise was not difficult. Four persons we had to answer to question: "Describe the major challenges the engineers have to face in the next years to come". Each candidate was assessed for a different role which was very good to hear. This made me relax since only I did not have to compete with the others.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you have been initiative?
      Tell us about a time you had to meet a deadline. Have you ever missed a deadline?
      What do you know about electric pumbs?

Finally I had to go through a test which was very easy. It was just measuring some distances on a drawing and they wanted to see if I could perform unit conversions without using calculator.

Answer Question

Process Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

I applied around Feb and interviewed in March. They took three weeks to respond with an offer. The interview was 6 hours long. The HR department was in contact within 3 weeks to inform me it would be another 2 weeks. They called 1 week later and made an offer. There was no negotiation

There was no negotiation

Robotic Simulator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jacobs in September 2013.

Quick, informal and unprofessional.

Got a phone call for an interview, came into the office and sat down in the manager's office. He asked me if I had any hobbies outside of work and that I should only pick one because if I start working at JACOBS, I won't have time for anything else.

Test Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dugway, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dugway, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in February 2012.

I applied for the position in Dugway, UT when I still lived in Texas. I was called about five days later for an interview. I informed the HR rep that I was still in Texas and asked if they could accommodate with a phone interview. He agreed and we set the interview up for the following week. That night, I received word that a good friend of mine had died and that the funeral was going to be during the time I was supposed to have the interview. I called the HR rep the next day and he gladly rescheduled the interview for me.

During the interview, I spoke with four managers. They all asked various questions and the tone was very relaxed yet professional. In all, the interview lasted between 30-45 minutes and I hung up with the impression that I would get the job. Three days later, they called and offered me the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask me anything really difficult-- all standard interview questions. Perhaps the most unexpected question was regarding snow-- coming from Texas, they wanted to be sure that I could handle working and living in the snow.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate for a relocation fee but for the most part, the salary was non-negotiable. It was more like a "take it or leave it" salary-- I ended up taking it because it was actually a decent offer.

Senior Structural Engineer - Oakland Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

Interview was arranged via an ad on the SEAONC job board. In person interview was over two hours long. The interviewers never asked me any question about my total engineering background. They believe that the projects you worked on 14 years ago make you the engineer you are today. I had other more relevant projects that benefitted the organization than those fro 14 years ago. No technical questions were asked to test the applicants. I felt humilted because they personally attacked me over my work history. The office said they had lots of people working there yet the cubicles were not even furnished.

Interview Questions
    • There were NO unexpected questions. There were difficult questions that were more like personal attacks.   Answer Question

Site Acquisition Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Jacobs.

Clear and concise, good description of the position and activities. Met with HR Manager and then Project Manager. Described expectations and future opportunities very clearly. Good interaction about why the position is a good fit with my background and experience in other fields

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle high pressure situations?   View Answer
    Specific and informative

Creative Specialist Interview

Contacted via email; and it turned out to be a surprise group interview with all the team members where you need to show your portfolio and talk about yourself. The interview lasted about 30-40 minutes. They ask you many questions about your skills and background to get an idea. They will also assess your personality during the interview so please appear positive and professional. In addition, the dress code is business formal- business casual but please dress conservatively.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs in December 2014.

1st: I applied on their career website.
    2nd: I received a phone call asking if I am available for a face-to-face interview.
    3rd: Interview day. There were 5 candidates and first we had a presentation about the company given by a member of Jacobs. Then there was a group exercise where we had to discuss about the challenges for civil engineers in the future. Last stage was a face-to-face interview lasting 1 hour. The interviewer asked me some competency based questions and a technical question at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question - They showed me a highway section drawing and asked me to describe all documents are necessary in the design process.   Answer Question