Jacobs Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in March 2015.

Interview

I had interned for this company the previous summer. Emailed hiring manager, was contacted for a tentative schedule, replied back, and finally was given a specific appointment according to my answers. They were very respectful of my availability. The interview in this case was casual because I had interned with them, but typically is a very process. They really dive in deep to experience, coursework, technical knowledge, scenarios, etc.

Process Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

First you do a phone interview. Next, you get called in and talk to the hiring managers. After, you will speak with 4-5 fellow engineers individually and they will ask you about anything from school to work experience to your work ethic in general. Very nice and professional people and they want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• What was your senior project about and how did you contribute?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

Done over skype by two people in a friendly way but followed a procedure. They are very big on safety in Jacobs and asked how planned/considered my safety in day to day. Also asked a few technical questions and how i would go about designing a large building

Interview Questions

• big on safety, my past experience and where I saw myself in 5 years   Answer Question

Light Armor Range Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs (Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Was made to wait outside while supervisor rudely walked past and just held his finger in the air as if to silence any questions I might have. Overall they were rude and condescending, neither supervisor had a degree of any kind. One had not even graduated highschool, GED of some kind I suspect.

Interview Questions

• What my thoughts were to Beyond Zero. There safety mantra   1 Answer

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs (Kingsport, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview hasn't happened yet but I will repost as I am only doing this to find out what kind of salary to expect when the offer comes to me. I really want to know what to expect when I get to the interview and I don't want to be blindsided by anything they throw at me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm having the interview today and I love using glassdoor because it helps me know what to expect when I get in the room with a potential employer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I was overqualified for the position and came through a consulting firm, so not many questions. Rather I was told what I would be doing and when I should start. If you know someone internal with some hiring authority you journey is smooth and simple, probably one step or no step process.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I just submitted my cv and cover letter through jacobs website and then ten days after online application they called me and invited for an interview. One of the graduate engineers made a 15 minute presentation about company and current projects. I had a small tour in the office. Two head engineer of the department attended to interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions about relevant experince.   1 Answer

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jacobs (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

I launched the online application though company website. After around 3 weeks, received notification for video interview on vieple. it consisted 4 questions.secondly, panel interview, thirdly background check. Lastly, reference check

Interview Questions

• how you know about jacobs, what position are you applying for and why   Answer Question

Process Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Very relaxed and straight forward. I interviewed with 4 current employees of varying levels in the company. Getting to speak in a somewhat informal manner with a vp helped me learn a great deal about the company and what to expect.

Data Acquisition and Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jacobs (Murfreesboro, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

it was a really nice short interview plus a tour . You have to dress professional and bring some evidence of your past work or jobs plus you should be able to well describe them or answer any question related to them .of course dress professionally and be on time