Jacobs

2.6

Robotic Simulator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jacobs in September 2013.

Quick, informal and unprofessional.

Got a phone call for an interview, came into the office and sat down in the manager's office. He asked me if I had any hobbies outside of work and that I should only pick one because if I start working at JACOBS, I won't have time for anything else.

Test Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dugway, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dugway, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in February 2012.

I applied for the position in Dugway, UT when I still lived in Texas. I was called about five days later for an interview. I informed the HR rep that I was still in Texas and asked if they could accommodate with a phone interview. He agreed and we set the interview up for the following week. That night, I received word that a good friend of mine had died and that the funeral was going to be during the time I was supposed to have the interview. I called the HR rep the next day and he gladly rescheduled the interview for me.

During the interview, I spoke with four managers. They all asked various questions and the tone was very relaxed yet professional. In all, the interview lasted between 30-45 minutes and I hung up with the impression that I would get the job. Three days later, they called and offered me the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask me anything really difficult-- all standard interview questions. Perhaps the most unexpected question was regarding snow-- coming from Texas, they wanted to be sure that I could handle working and living in the snow.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate for a relocation fee but for the most part, the salary was non-negotiable. It was more like a "take it or leave it" salary-- I ended up taking it because it was actually a decent offer.

Senior Structural Engineer - Oakland Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

Interview was arranged via an ad on the SEAONC job board. In person interview was over two hours long. The interviewers never asked me any question about my total engineering background. They believe that the projects you worked on 14 years ago make you the engineer you are today. I had other more relevant projects that benefitted the organization than those fro 14 years ago. No technical questions were asked to test the applicants. I felt humilted because they personally attacked me over my work history. The office said they had lots of people working there yet the cubicles were not even furnished.

Interview Questions
    • There were NO unexpected questions. There were difficult questions that were more like personal attacks.   Answer Question

Site Acquisition Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Jacobs.

Clear and concise, good description of the position and activities. Met with HR Manager and then Project Manager. Described expectations and future opportunities very clearly. Good interaction about why the position is a good fit with my background and experience in other fields

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle high pressure situations?   View Answer
    Specific and informative

Creative Specialist Interview

Contacted via email; and it turned out to be a surprise group interview with all the team members where you need to show your portfolio and talk about yourself. The interview lasted about 30-40 minutes. They ask you many questions about your skills and background to get an idea. They will also assess your personality during the interview so please appear positive and professional. In addition, the dress code is business formal- business casual but please dress conservatively.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs in December 2014.

1st: I applied on their career website.
    2nd: I received a phone call asking if I am available for a face-to-face interview.
    3rd: Interview day. There were 5 candidates and first we had a presentation about the company given by a member of Jacobs. Then there was a group exercise where we had to discuss about the challenges for civil engineers in the future. Last stage was a face-to-face interview lasting 1 hour. The interviewer asked me some competency based questions and a technical question at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question - They showed me a highway section drawing and asked me to describe all documents are necessary in the design process.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in October 2010.

Phone interview. Two in person interviews, one group interview, one presentation. I had an assignment to present to the group. It took maybe three hours to prepare. i can't remember the exact assignment but in the end it did not have any relevance to the job. It entailed using creativity and in the end the job was really creating templates and not using any design skills.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember many of the questions, but we did talk about how my experiences travelling abroad affected my design style.   Answer Question
    Easy. Dealt with PR

HRBP Interview

Was contacted for an interview by a recruiter. They sent up an in-person "screen" with the Hiring Manager. They were flexible with the time. Turned into a 2 hour interview. Never heard back from them again despite numerous attempted follow-ups with them.

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in July 2014.

Process took two weeks from online submission to job offer. Applied online by simply submitting my CV and covering letter. Had a short chat with HR few days later via telephone to tell me more about the role and to find out more about myself. I was invited to a face to face interview, which took place the following week.

There were two interviewers who were senior members of staff. Interviewers were friendly and made it comfortable. We spoke about my university projects, modules I've taken, what I enjoyed at uni, etc. Then competency questions, mainly focusing on leadership and teamwork skills. Next, some questions focusing on materials, inspection, maintenance, health and safety and anything involved in the role. I was also given a short test to calculate max. bending moments and draw various simple bending moment diagrams.

Lastly they asked about my salary expectations and availability. I received an offer within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe everything you must consider in a project from start to finish.   Answer Question
    When they asked what my salary expectations were during the interview, I mentioned a salary range typical of that in the industry and area. They offered me the high end of that range so I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

CADD Designer V Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in September 2010.

Not a fast process. During my initial hiring I was contacted by Corporate out of California, then locally. The whole process took about 4 weeks. The local manager wanted to go to lunch twice and dinner once. I appreciated the meals but the process could have been more streamlined.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking to leave your current employer.   View Answer
    Negotiation took awhile, but I asked for more than the common person I think.