Jacobs

181 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Distribution Process Advocate Interview

Distribution Process Advocate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jacobs in March 2012.

Interview Details – My initial interview occurred via phone with the hiring manager after his review of my resume. I was hired immediately following the interview and sent to Camp Lejeune, NC and Albany, GA for training prior to moving to my overseas assignment. I met with the hiring manager three days prior to departing for Afghanistan.

Interview Question – The hiring manager asked if I would be able to handle the rigors of Kandahar, Afghanistan due to the high number of rocket attacks occurring on a regular basis. He was quite comfortable with my logistics background and had no serious concern for my work ethic and abilities to perform the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The hiring manager provided me with the annual salary for Kandahar, but stressed the rigors of being in that particular combat environment as much more impoprtant than being there just because of the high salary.

Piping Designer Interview

Piping Designer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jacobs in May 2014.

Interview Details – Sent resume through school adviser and was set up with an interview within the week. Very well structured and informative. They let me know there was no promises as to whether I would get hired. I was hired the next week and filled out paper work and was on the job the following week.

Interview Question – What was the hardest task you have ever had to overcome?   Answer Question

Data Collector Interview

Data Collector
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Jacobs in April 2011.

Interview Details – You submit your resume online by searching for Jacobs Technology and creating an account at their Jobs page. When selected they schedule an interview at the facility and if you get hired they give an offer and send you the paperwork needed to obtain a security clearance which upon completion you are hired.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Procurement Specialist Interview

Procurement Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jacobs in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, then went in for an interview then was called a couple of days afterwards and was hired. in total it took about 2-3 weeks from the initial interview to getting an offer

Interview Question – They asked me the usual questions regarding my previous job. nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I really didn't do much negotiation, since I was pretty happy to leave previous job and the salary was more than I was making

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Senior Software Engineer II
Nashua, NH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview Details – First phone call and then onsite interview

Interview Question – Basic C++ Questions. Such as What is Queue, Hashtable, Linked List, etc.   Answer Question

Network Operations Technician Interview

Network Operations Technician
Quantico, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview Details – Communication was great leading up to and following through my interview. I was always kept informed and up to date, and spoke with someone from the company almost every day between my initial application and my interview. At the interview, I sat with three people (two in the office, one on the phone), and all three of them were courteous and knowledgeable, both about the position and the company. It was a relaxed, but professional environment, and the entire process was exexuted simply and elegently, making it all a wonderful, stress-free experience.

Interview Question – None. Even when they asked about a skill that I lacked some knowledge of, they were professional and courteous to me and simply moved on to the next question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made an initial offer to me, which I countered, and they accepted. No difficulty or fuss.

Document Control Interview

Document Control
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Jacobs in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had two initial phone conversations followed by an interview with HR. I was then recommended for a second interview with the project manager. Great initial perception of the office structure and team.

Interview Question – None, the questions were the general work history, experience and qualifications.   Answer Question

Junior Engineer Interview

Junior Engineer

Interviewed at Jacobs

Interview Details – HR, and technical

Interview Question – what do you want to do after you leave this company   Answer Question

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Control Systems Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview Details – Young engineers are brought in for a full day to speak with engineers with varying levels of experience. The interview process is intended to be comfortable and open. Lunch is provided.

Interview Question – Interviewees are never "put on the spot" during the interview process. Questions are generic, but relevant. What experience does the candidate bring? How can they demonstrate their work ethic?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took first offer

Robotic Technician Interview

Robotic Technician
Clinton, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs in March 2014.

Interview Details – Met the recruiters at the Michigan Collegiate Job Fair in Livonia. Received an email for an interview a couple weeks later.
The interview was 30min long, no hard questions. Just describing the company work to me, asked me if I was motivated for this kind of work. We talked about a couple projects I worked on in school but it didn't seem to matter too much to them. They were looking with someone who had some kind of engineering background (just school in my case) and who seemed to be a hard worker.

Interview Question – No technical questions during the interview. Just a discussion of a couple engineering projects that I listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The first offer was above what I expected and I didn't negotiate