Jacobs

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.6

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

Applied online and received a phone call to set up interview about 2 weeks later. Went in for interview with HR manager and two others for panel interview. Received notification of offer via phone then actual offer letter via email within 1 week. Got start date within 1 month and filled out several papers prior to orientation. Had to go to medical onsite prior to getting authorization to proceed to work area.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult. Major focus on safety and knowledge of Jacob's Safety program on website.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Set salary (take it or leave it)

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tullahoma, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tullahoma, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jacobs.

Number of interviews, I think one, the rest of the time was to talk with HR. Overall, I had a nerve racking interview, but everyone was nice to me. I worked there for a number of years and I liked it. They give you 401K plans and the opportunity to buy company stock.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember now, but one of the questions was about why you would want to work there.   View Answer
    No, not much negotiations were made

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jacobs.

First phone call and then onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Basic C++ Questions. Such as What is Queue, Hashtable, Linked List, etc.   Answer Question

Piping Designer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in May 2014.

Sent resume through school adviser and was set up with an interview within the week. Very well structured and informative. They let me know there was no promises as to whether I would get hired. I was hired the next week and filled out paper work and was on the job the following week.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest task you have ever had to overcome?   Answer Question

Network Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jacobs.

Communication was great leading up to and following through my interview. I was always kept informed and up to date, and spoke with someone from the company almost every day between my initial application and my interview. At the interview, I sat with three people (two in the office, one on the phone), and all three of them were courteous and knowledgeable, both about the position and the company. It was a relaxed, but professional environment, and the entire process was exexuted simply and elegently, making it all a wonderful, stress-free experience.

Interview Questions
    • None. Even when they asked about a skill that I lacked some knowledge of, they were professional and courteous to me and simply moved on to the next question.   Answer Question
    They made an initial offer to me, which I countered, and they accepted. No difficulty or fuss.

Junior Engineer Interview

HR, and technical

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

Young engineers are brought in for a full day to speak with engineers with varying levels of experience. The interview process is intended to be comfortable and open. Lunch is provided.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewees are never "put on the spot" during the interview process. Questions are generic, but relevant. What experience does the candidate bring? How can they demonstrate their work ethic?   Answer Question
    Took first offer

Structural Engineer I Interview

Phone - > on site

Environmenal Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jacobs.

The interview process was fairly informal. Due to my location at the time of the initial interview I interviewed over the phone. I then followed up my initial interview with an in-person interview with several people in the department. Other positions that have been hired since I have started have been similar or they have been all day interviews with each member of the group.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions, simply questions that related to my position.   Answer Question
    No salary range was listed for the position, instead I was asked what salary I wanted. I had recently moved to the state and was not entirely sure what to request. I later realized I provided a salary too low. It has been the biggest mistake I have made.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs.

It was as they weren't interested in me as much as they were about filling a slot & getting paid for it but their sole customer.

Pay offer was poor & no sense of advancement.