Jacobs

HR, and technical

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

Young engineers are brought in for a full day to speak with engineers with varying levels of experience. The interview process is intended to be comfortable and open. Lunch is provided.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewees are never "put on the spot" during the interview process. Questions are generic, but relevant. What experience does the candidate bring? How can they demonstrate their work ethic?   Answer Question
    Took first offer

Structural Engineer I Interview

Phone - > on site

Environmenal Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jacobs.

The interview process was fairly informal. Due to my location at the time of the initial interview I interviewed over the phone. I then followed up my initial interview with an in-person interview with several people in the department. Other positions that have been hired since I have started have been similar or they have been all day interviews with each member of the group.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions, simply questions that related to my position.   Answer Question
    No salary range was listed for the position, instead I was asked what salary I wanted. I had recently moved to the state and was not entirely sure what to request. I later realized I provided a salary too low. It has been the biggest mistake I have made.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs.

It was as they weren't interested in me as much as they were about filling a slot & getting paid for it but their sole customer.

Pay offer was poor & no sense of advancement.

Robotic Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in March 2014.

Met the recruiters at the Michigan Collegiate Job Fair in Livonia. Received an email for an interview a couple weeks later.
    The interview was 30min long, no hard questions. Just describing the company work to me, asked me if I was motivated for this kind of work. We talked about a couple projects I worked on in school but it didn't seem to matter too much to them. They were looking with someone who had some kind of engineering background (just school in my case) and who seemed to be a hard worker.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions during the interview. Just a discussion of a couple engineering projects that I listed on my resume.   Answer Question
    The first offer was above what I expected and I didn't negotiate

Associate Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Walton Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

THe interview process was mainly a formality. If the customer wanted you then you would be hired.

Relatively easy.

Electrical Designer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

Don't count on a quick process. It took almost 3 months from the first interview to the first day of work. After the first interview it was 4 weeks until the second interview. Then I didn't hear from them for 2 months. At the time of the offer it was an email, no phone call, and was a form letter at that. Very impersonal.

Interview Questions
    • Did I have any experience working on a team. My resume showed nothing but team based experience from the Military to Commercial Diving to Communications. I don't think the 1st interviewer even read my resume until minutes before the interview. Then it went into what I call the "Key Word" section. This is where generic leading questions are asked and the interviewer listens for the "key words" that someone else wrote down for them. Then there is THE QUESTION; " Why do you want to work here? " I work because I need the money. I do not want to work for you because I want to join your club or hang out with you or make the bestest of friends. I'm here for the money. But you can't say that so I think I said something else. I was offered a job so it must have sounded somewhat convincing.   Answer Question
    Short and sweet. Here's what we are offering take it or leave it there are 100 other people that want this job as well as you. Feel lucky we are offering it to you. Well maybe said in a bit more Politically Correct way.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

One application online, and afterwards an interview

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jacobs in February 2014.

I applied to Jacobs Technology on their website and got an email in about two weeks to about setting up a possible interview. After I responded to the email a security rep contacted me to make sure I meet the qualifications (Security Clearance, Security + Certification) and then a interview was set up for the next day.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were straight forward related to the job in which I was applying for along with situational questions. It may have been two or three technical questions that was asked.   Answer Question