Jacobs

2.6

Robotic Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in March 2014.

Met the recruiters at the Michigan Collegiate Job Fair in Livonia. Received an email for an interview a couple weeks later.
    The interview was 30min long, no hard questions. Just describing the company work to me, asked me if I was motivated for this kind of work. We talked about a couple projects I worked on in school but it didn't seem to matter too much to them. They were looking with someone who had some kind of engineering background (just school in my case) and who seemed to be a hard worker.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions during the interview. Just a discussion of a couple engineering projects that I listed on my resume.   Answer Question
    The first offer was above what I expected and I didn't negotiate

Associate Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Walton Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

THe interview process was mainly a formality. If the customer wanted you then you would be hired.

Relatively easy.

Electrical Designer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

Don't count on a quick process. It took almost 3 months from the first interview to the first day of work. After the first interview it was 4 weeks until the second interview. Then I didn't hear from them for 2 months. At the time of the offer it was an email, no phone call, and was a form letter at that. Very impersonal.

Interview Questions
    • Did I have any experience working on a team. My resume showed nothing but team based experience from the Military to Commercial Diving to Communications. I don't think the 1st interviewer even read my resume until minutes before the interview. Then it went into what I call the "Key Word" section. This is where generic leading questions are asked and the interviewer listens for the "key words" that someone else wrote down for them. Then there is THE QUESTION; " Why do you want to work here? " I work because I need the money. I do not want to work for you because I want to join your club or hang out with you or make the bestest of friends. I'm here for the money. But you can't say that so I think I said something else. I was offered a job so it must have sounded somewhat convincing.   Answer Question
    Short and sweet. Here's what we are offering take it or leave it there are 100 other people that want this job as well as you. Feel lucky we are offering it to you. Well maybe said in a bit more Politically Correct way.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

One application online, and afterwards an interview

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jacobs in February 2014.

I applied to Jacobs Technology on their website and got an email in about two weeks to about setting up a possible interview. After I responded to the email a security rep contacted me to make sure I meet the qualifications (Security Clearance, Security + Certification) and then a interview was set up for the next day.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were straight forward related to the job in which I was applying for along with situational questions. It may have been two or three technical questions that was asked.   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

The interview for a small business teammate of Jacobs was conducted by Jacobs personnel who then instructed the small business to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • The lack of questions was hard to understand. Then I found out they did not know or understand what I was being hired to do. They simply had the requisition for the position and needed to fill the slot.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, simply here's what is to be paid. Later I found out what you walk in the door making, is what you'll make as long as you are there. No merit raises, etc...

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

Applied online.
    Took about a week and half to get a reply back for a phone interview.
    Phone interview was behavioral and about resume, at the end he scheduled me a on site interview.
    On site interview was about 2 hours long, was a one on one interview. Very personal and in depth on job description. Asked a little about my resume and background.
    At the end of interview went for a tour and got an explanation about their benefit package.
    Few days later got a phone offer.

Didn't bargain since it was more then I expected for an entry level position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs.

I got an interview through a career fair. I was looking to intern as a civil engineer (structures). It was a pretty standard interview asking about my previous work experience, my strengths and weaknesses, why I wanted to work for them, etc. There was one question that was interesting (below), at the end he said it was to see if I could think quickly through an unexpected situation.

Interview Questions
    • Pick 3 fictional characters (anything, movies, cartoons, books, comics...) that you would like to have in your team, and why?   Answer Question

Senipr Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jacobs.

1. Telephone interview first followed by a face to face interview.

Vrey easy negotiation.

Project Engineer Interview

I called former boss. He had me in for interview the next day. I had a job offer when I got home. I started a week later. I was a former employee, the interview was a formality.

Interview Questions
    They were willing to negotiate and gave me what I asked for in addition to their initial offer