Jacobs Interview Questions

2.6

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jacobs.

First phone call and then onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Basic C++ Questions. Such as What is Queue, Hashtable, Linked List, etc.   Answer Question

Piping Designer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in May 2014.

Sent resume through school adviser and was set up with an interview within the week. Very well structured and informative. They let me know there was no promises as to whether I would get hired. I was hired the next week and filled out paper work and was on the job the following week.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest task you have ever had to overcome?   Answer Question

Network Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jacobs.

Communication was great leading up to and following through my interview. I was always kept informed and up to date, and spoke with someone from the company almost every day between my initial application and my interview. At the interview, I sat with three people (two in the office, one on the phone), and all three of them were courteous and knowledgeable, both about the position and the company. It was a relaxed, but professional environment, and the entire process was exexuted simply and elegently, making it all a wonderful, stress-free experience.

Interview Questions
    • None. Even when they asked about a skill that I lacked some knowledge of, they were professional and courteous to me and simply moved on to the next question.   Answer Question
    They made an initial offer to me, which I countered, and they accepted. No difficulty or fuss.

Junior Engineer Interview

HR, and technical

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

Young engineers are brought in for a full day to speak with engineers with varying levels of experience. The interview process is intended to be comfortable and open. Lunch is provided.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewees are never "put on the spot" during the interview process. Questions are generic, but relevant. What experience does the candidate bring? How can they demonstrate their work ethic?   Answer Question
    Took first offer

Structural Engineer I Interview

Phone - > on site

Environmenal Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jacobs.

The interview process was fairly informal. Due to my location at the time of the initial interview I interviewed over the phone. I then followed up my initial interview with an in-person interview with several people in the department. Other positions that have been hired since I have started have been similar or they have been all day interviews with each member of the group.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions, simply questions that related to my position.   Answer Question
    No salary range was listed for the position, instead I was asked what salary I wanted. I had recently moved to the state and was not entirely sure what to request. I later realized I provided a salary too low. It has been the biggest mistake I have made.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs.

It was as they weren't interested in me as much as they were about filling a slot & getting paid for it but their sole customer.

Pay offer was poor & no sense of advancement.

Robotic Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in March 2014.

Met the recruiters at the Michigan Collegiate Job Fair in Livonia. Received an email for an interview a couple weeks later.
    The interview was 30min long, no hard questions. Just describing the company work to me, asked me if I was motivated for this kind of work. We talked about a couple projects I worked on in school but it didn't seem to matter too much to them. They were looking with someone who had some kind of engineering background (just school in my case) and who seemed to be a hard worker.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions during the interview. Just a discussion of a couple engineering projects that I listed on my resume.   Answer Question
    The first offer was above what I expected and I didn't negotiate

Associate Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Walton Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

THe interview process was mainly a formality. If the customer wanted you then you would be hired.

Relatively easy.