Jacobs

Updated Feb 28, 2015
Updated Feb 28, 2015

2.6

Consultant Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

An informal phone interview followed by in-office interview with supervisors two weeks later. Interview was held in a conference room, nice and relaxed settings.

Interview Questions
    • Give a presentation of your story tailored to our company's interest.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Interview was relatively short due to University Policy on interviews on campus. Was very informal and laid back, I did not expect this for a huge international firm.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions, I assume they would have been asked at the second interview.   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Straightforward technology questions. Real world experience is valued amongst everything else. Speak to that effect.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see the technology going in the next 5 years?   Answer Question
    Simple and straightforward

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

One phone interview and one in-person interview. Standard questions were asked and I was briefly introduced to the team.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was likely how would I see myself growing in this position.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much room to negotiate.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview by project manager

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

After having a current employee recommend me, I was contacted by the Engineering manager. The conversation was brief since I was at my current employer and consisted mainly of seting up a lunch interview. The lunch interview was scheduled for a Monday at Salt Grass Steak House. Both interviewers were relatively quiet, so I spent most of my time asking general questions and talking about my previous work experience. I followed the interview with a thank you email and was contacted the next week and told to expect an offer. I recieve an offer via email two weeks after the interview and excepted without negotiating salary.

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jacobs in April 2013.

Keep in mind that Jacobs is a consulting company. You will encounter numerous specific guidelines and docs that usually don't exist at regular employeer/employee job. Expect vigorous technical interview with practical tests so be ready to have your hands on gear.

Interview Questions
    • What was a non-technical book you have read recently?   View Answer
    Your professional level is the first, communication skills and social skills are highly valued as well.

Process Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in April 2013.

Short phone interview followed by an in person interview less than two weeks later. Interview was held in a conference room with hiring manager and multiple senior technical personnel. General questions included 'Why do you want to work in this position for this company? How will you help this company? Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?'.

Document Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jacobs in April 2013.

I had two initial phone conversations followed by an interview with HR. I was then recommended for a second interview with the project manager. Great initial perception of the office structure and team.

Interview Questions
    • None, the questions were the general work history, experience and qualifications.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

The first round of interviews is scouting-looking at candidates from college campuses. Getting past that, you'll go to a second, on site interview where you're put through a gauntlet of managers, recent hires, HR, and project lead interviews. Expect to stay all day until 4-5:00. Interview topics range from qualifications, experience level, technical questions, and behavioral, but you made it most of the way there by getting on site.

Interview Questions
    • There is no standard interview question list, but certainly the most unexpected question was whether I planned on getting pregnant in the first three years of working. Definitely a question that was out of bounds and possibly illegal to screen candidates on the basis of their likelihood to get pregnant. In terms of technical questions, I was asked basic conceptual questions about heat exchanger design and material stress corrosion cracking.   Answer Question
    Jacobs will negotiate if you force their hand a little. If you have other offers that are providing a more attractive salary, let the hiring manager know and it's likely that you'll get an updated offer. Good luck!