Jacobs

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.6

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

After having a current employee recommend me, I was contacted by the Engineering manager. The conversation was brief since I was at my current employer and consisted mainly of seting up a lunch interview. The lunch interview was scheduled for a Monday at Salt Grass Steak House. Both interviewers were relatively quiet, so I spent most of my time asking general questions and talking about my previous work experience. I followed the interview with a thank you email and was contacted the next week and told to expect an offer. I recieve an offer via email two weeks after the interview and excepted without negotiating salary.

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jacobs in April 2013.

Keep in mind that Jacobs is a consulting company. You will encounter numerous specific guidelines and docs that usually don't exist at regular employeer/employee job. Expect vigorous technical interview with practical tests so be ready to have your hands on gear.

Interview Questions
    • What was a non-technical book you have read recently?   View Answer
    Your professional level is the first, communication skills and social skills are highly valued as well.

Process Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in April 2013.

Short phone interview followed by an in person interview less than two weeks later. Interview was held in a conference room with hiring manager and multiple senior technical personnel. General questions included 'Why do you want to work in this position for this company? How will you help this company? Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?'.

Document Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jacobs in April 2013.

I had two initial phone conversations followed by an interview with HR. I was then recommended for a second interview with the project manager. Great initial perception of the office structure and team.

Interview Questions
    • None, the questions were the general work history, experience and qualifications.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

The first round of interviews is scouting-looking at candidates from college campuses. Getting past that, you'll go to a second, on site interview where you're put through a gauntlet of managers, recent hires, HR, and project lead interviews. Expect to stay all day until 4-5:00. Interview topics range from qualifications, experience level, technical questions, and behavioral, but you made it most of the way there by getting on site.

Interview Questions
    • There is no standard interview question list, but certainly the most unexpected question was whether I planned on getting pregnant in the first three years of working. Definitely a question that was out of bounds and possibly illegal to screen candidates on the basis of their likelihood to get pregnant. In terms of technical questions, I was asked basic conceptual questions about heat exchanger design and material stress corrosion cracking.   Answer Question
    Jacobs will negotiate if you force their hand a little. If you have other offers that are providing a more attractive salary, let the hiring manager know and it's likely that you'll get an updated offer. Good luck!

Administrative Professional IV (EA) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

It was a lot of back and forth with the Manager in country, by the time a received a phone call from teh states it was bascially to discuss salary

simple enough

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Jacobs.

Wasn't a typical interview, mainly interviewer talked about what type of projects I would be working on. They asked me back for a second interview

Interview Questions
    • Didn't ask me any difficult questions, mainly just asked about myself and my experiences   Answer Question

Requirements Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanscom AFB, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanscom AFB, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in March 2013.

A friend of mine pointed me to the job req, and also emailed my resume and cover letter to the HR manager. I don't know if the latter made a difference, but I was contacted by the HR manager less than a week later, had a phone screen, then a full-fledged interview a few days later. I received the offer only a few days later!

Flight Manuals Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in March 2013.

I received an email through a base wide email advertising the position, I replied to email which instructed to call the individual who would be doing the interview, I spoke to him, after giving a brief background of myself, he gave me the site to apply online. There I submitted my resume and received a return call setting up the interview about two weeks later. From the time of the call until the interview approximately five days passed. I meet the two gentlemen conducting the interview, they were both extremely pleasant, friendly and easy to talk to. I was in the interview for about an hour and a half, felt it went very well considering my lack of experience in the particular field the position was in. The interview was on the Thursday, was told the decision would be made by Friday, and would hopefully hear something by next week. It was a holiday weekend so I decided to wait until late in the day Tuesday to follow up. I had another offer on the table so I needed to know where I stood. I was then informed I did not get selected. I knew it was a long shot but was a great interview and a great learning opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • They threw out several acrinims and asked if I knew what they were, with having limited knowledge in the field, I did not, so that was a down side.   Answer Question

Transportation Planner Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in March 2013.

In-person interview with group/panel. There weren't any surprising questions. The process was involved, but not exhausting. It got repetitious with employees coming and going to ask questions, but I didn't find the process unpleasant. The process was actually very welcoming and warm...warmer than any other interview that I've done.