Jacobs

2.6

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

One phone interview and one in-person interview. Standard questions were asked and I was briefly introduced to the team.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult question was likely how would I see myself growing in this position.   Answer Question
There wasn't much room to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Jacobs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Jacobs in October 2012.

They asked about my experience level. They wanted descriptions of projects I had worked on in the past: locations of projects, descriptions of deliverables given during projects, the level of detail required in previous projects, etc... They were very interested in what types of computer programs I was familiar using and how well I could do technical writing. They wanted to know if I could travel and what percentage of the year I could be out of town.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in October 2012.

They asked me about previous positions I held and why I considered leaving my current company. They were very interested in past projects I had worked on and on how much detail I had put forth on previous projects. They asked me to name what types of computer programs I was familiar with. They were very interested in how much time I could spend traveling.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to state what my greatest weaknesses were.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs in November 2011.

I was contacted the prior week to fly in and be put in a hotel the previous night for an interview the next morning. Was not told for what positions specifically. I interviewed with 8 different project leads for 2 separate positions for 4 hours. One position was for a piping engineer and one as a rotating equipment engineer. Very casual interview to start, it was more of a 'get to know me" type interview to base my fit in the company I expected. 30 minutes per person after the initial meeting with HR where I was asked the normal "why I would be a good fit", "what do you want out of this job" etc. . I shared my experience and knowledge in the respective fields and was then informed as to my starting responsibilities had I been given an offer to join them. I was questioned numerous times as to what I wanted to end up being as an engineer, which I responded was yet to be written. It was a pleasant interview all around and not very demanding from a specific engineering knowledge, sort of way.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect working under a team of engineers?   View Answer

I was offered from another company I had been interested in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jacobs in July 2009.

It was initially a co-op job that transitioned to full time. I had initially applied through my university intern and co-op office, which sent resume packages to the employer. I was contacted by phone very late, only a month before the job was to start, and conducted first a brief informational interview about the job and specifics to gauge interest and later a more detailed phone interview, both with the manager would would be my supervisor. The interviews were restricted to phone because of the inconvenience of how far I lived from the job. Apparently the company had procrastinated in hiring and they were desperate for someone who was still available. I was offered the job even though my qualifications were not a particularly good fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a large number of questions about familiarity with certain software or processes, many which were industry specific or that I had never heard of before.   View Answer
    When I transitioned to full time the economy was not that great, I was made a take it or leave it offer (at a relatively low amount) and they hinted that they could get someone else to take the job for this amount if I declined. They refused to budge on salary but after some polite persistence I was able to secure a small moving allowance.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jacobs in November 2010.

The interview process went very smoothly. First I received a phone call and they gave my a preliminary phone interview, which consisted of basic questions such as: are you willing to travel?, how much do you expect to make?, and what do you know about our company?. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to attend a second interview at their office.

At the second interview I met with three engineering managers. They were very pleasant and professional and they asked me general questions such as: why did you choose to go into engineering?, what can you tell me about your previous work experience?, and can you tell me about a time that you had a conflict with another member of your team and how did you handle the situation?. After the question period was over, they asked me if I had any questions. At the end, they told me that they would let me know the following day. The next morning I received an offer.