Jacobs Technology

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 11 months - interviewed at Jacobs Technology.

Interview Details – The interview for a small business teammate of Jacobs was conducted by Jacobs personnel who then instructed the small business to hire me.

Interview Question – The lack of questions was hard to understand. Then I found out they did not know or understand what I was being hired to do. They simply had the requisition for the position and needed to fill the slot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, simply here's what is to be paid. Later I found out what you walk in the door making, is what you'll make as long as you are there. No merit raises, etc...

Dearborn, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in January 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a different position then I was actually offered. The position I was offered was actually a better fit for my background. There was nothing difficult about the interview process. Everyone was friendly and polite. I was called in for a face to face interview initially. This was a contract position with a customer and I would be on site at there facility.

Interview Question – Nothing tricky here just general work history and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Hampton, VA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in February 2008.

Interview Details – I was contact by human resources setting up a face to face interview with the hiring manager and group manager.

Interview Question – Typical question: What is your biggest flaw/ worst habit   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiations. I had to take a pay cut for "opportunities". Unfortunetly... those "opportunities" haven't come around.

Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was bidding internally for the position the I currently am in. The interview process was pretty easy considering I was already an employee with the company. I think it's a little crazy the you have to interview for another position just to move up. When I interview the first time a few years ago there was a phone interview, then a group interview, and once I accepted the offer there was a background check.

Interview Question – They ask questions about safety and how I'd respond in certain situations   Answer Question

Engineering Technician

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in November 2010.

Interview Details – It was a difficult interview. Lots of technical engineering questions about structures etc. I didn't know enough about bridges. They asked a lot of questions about bridges. I don't come from an engineering background so maybe i shouldn't have gone for this job. The HR person interviewing me was very nice on the phone and didn't grill me.

Interview Question – Why did you apply for this job   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jacobs Technology

Worked for Jacobs Technology? Contribute to the Community!