Jacobs Technology

Getting the Interview

38 candidate interviews

Engineer Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs Technology.

Interview Details – It was as they weren't interested in me as much as they were about filling a slot & getting paid for it but their sole customer.

Reason for Declining – Pay offer was poor & no sense of advancement.

Administrative Professional IV (EA) Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Jacobs Technology.

Interview Details – It was a lot of back and forth with the Manager in country, by the time a received a phone call from teh states it was bascially to discuss salary

Interview Question – the waiting period in between   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple enough

Senior Acquisition Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Jacobs Technology.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and a number of in person interviews. Pretty basic questions about skill set, strengths, weaknesses, etc

Interview Question – One interviewer asked what tools I was bringing with me to be successful at the job.   Answer Question

Graphic Artist Interview

New Orleans, LA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in May 2009.

Interview Details – They mainly asked what my job entailed. They said I had great interviewing skills. They are big on safety, asking what steps did I take to enforce safety and prevent accidents.

Interview Question – How do you enforce safety and prevent accidents?   View Answer

Tech Engineer II Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in January 2008.

Interview Details – Simple Q &A session

Negotiation Details – "Here it is. Take it or leave it"

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Warren, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in October 2010.

Interview Details – Jacobs was very responsive and professional about the interview. I applied online after receiving notice via their email list about a position which fit my skills. I received a phone call from their Human Resources department a day or two later, and had my initial phone interview that week. It was followed up by a face-to-face interview the next week. I received an offer a few days after that.

Interview Question – Explain how your previous experience meets the criteria listed in the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiating was very easy. I simply stated where I was right now and what I expected to receive (~11% raise). My requested salary was inline with my experience. After a brief discussion, the hiring manager and program manager agreed.

Systems Engineer Interview

Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in July 2009.

Interview Details – The contact with HR was excellent. I was setup for an interview within 2 days and a benefits pkg was sent to me upon request prior to the interview. The Jacobs staff was great they presented the job and company information in an informative way, allowing me to ask questions at any time during the interview. The work sounded interesting and the work environment was excellent.

My background and experience was reviewed to see how I could fit into the Engineering position. I was also impressed that the Director of the division was present for the interview and offered some good information.

Awaiting an offer soon, I hope.

Interview Question – With your background in IT do you feel that you could do the job presented?   View Answer

Systems Administrator IV Interview

Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in October 2009.

Interview Details – HR setup the interview and instructed me where I would be interviewing. I did not know with whom I would be interviewing with until the moment of the interview. Interviewers did not provide a business card or full name. Emailed HR to get the full name of the interviewers.

Interviewers consisted of two technical personnel that worked on the contract for the position. A questionnaire of technical questions ranging from networking, Windows OS, UNIX OS were asked. Very relaxed atmosphere no feeling of pressure.

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Hampton, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in February 2013.

Interview Details – Received and email and phone call requesting best time available to schedule interview.

Interview Question – What would you do to improve the safety program?   Answer Question

Robotic Technician Interview

Clinton, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs Technology in March 2014.

Interview Details – Met the recruiters at the Michigan Collegiate Job Fair in Livonia. Received an email for an interview a couple weeks later.
The interview was 30min long, no hard questions. Just describing the company work to me, asked me if I was motivated for this kind of work. We talked about a couple projects I worked on in school but it didn't seem to matter too much to them. They were looking with someone who had some kind of engineering background (just school in my case) and who seemed to be a hard worker.

Interview Question – No technical questions during the interview. Just a discussion of a couple engineering projects that I listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The first offer was above what I expected and I didn't negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jacobs Technology

Worked for Jacobs Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jacobs Technology interview questions and advice. All 38 interview reviews posted anonymously by Jacobs Technology employees and interview candidates.