Jacobson Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounts Receivable Clerk Interview

Accounts Receivable Clerk
Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Jacobson Companies in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was a temporary employee who was offered a full time position at Jacobson. I did not take the position because the job/work environment was horrible. Everyone, including my supervisors, were extremely disorganized and unprofessional. They didn't even interview me. I literally received a phone call and started working there 2 days later.

Interview Question – No questions were asked. They reviewed my resume and hired me.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The position was boring and tedious. The days lasted forever. I absolutely hated it.

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Jamaica, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Jacobson Companies in November 2011.

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews, 2 meetings and took approximately 2 months. Very slow and process driven. Main interview was a 3 hour dinner. Very detailed in explaining the company, position and the situation that currently existed.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Just was very detailed. Asked a lot of "what would you do in this situation" type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They came in low on the salary, even though the salary range was much higher. I had to fight for an extra $10K

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobson Companies.

Interview Details – Not bad back about six years ago. Just had an interview with the branch manager and he hired me on the spot. But now the process is much more involved, with other managers and upper level management involved. I was hired while the company was still Global Transportation. Now that it was acquired by Jacobson, the process is much more involved.

Interview Question – What salary do you need?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The branch manager made an offer an I accepted.

Director Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Jacobson Companies in October 2010.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews over the course of 4 months...hiring was shot gun at the last minute

Interview Question – Can you do the job described?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Shotgun....2 counters and done

Consultant Developer Interview

Camp Hill, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jacobson Companies in February 2012.

Interview Details – I got the call through my consulting company. Their manager first interviewed me through Skype and then asked me to drive down to Camp hill, PA at their office where he asked me to take a ASP.NET skills test.

Some of the questions from the test where:
1) Basic OOPS concepts.
2) Writing the "Foobar" program.
3) Program to print the last day of every month from January 1970 to current month.

Interview Question – Basic OOPS concepts (Inheritance, Interfaces, abstract classes etc.)   Answer Question

Customer Account Manager Interview

Bolingbrook, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Jacobson Companies in July 2009.

Interview Details – Verfy freindly interviewer. Great description of position and sounded interesting. No stumper questions.
Asked more of what I did in the past and how it related to the position. They described a salary and it fell way short of my expectations. No discussion available regarding adjustments to salary.

Interview Question – What do prefer for a work environment?   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Jacobson Companies.

Interview Details – Submit Resume, interview with HR, interview with hiring manager a couple times, offer and acceptance

Interview Question – None really, just talked about experience and goal of the position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One counter offer and acceptance

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Jacobson Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jacobson Companies interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Jacobson Companies employees and interview candidates.