Jagex

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Jagex.

Interview Details – Several emails leading to a phone interview. I was one of the final 3 candidates but wasnt the best suited for the job. I was told i had a great interview.

Interview Question – What if your CEO asked you to complete a task and the CTO asked you to complete a task on the same day itself. How would you prioritize?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Jagex

Interview Details – There was an office I walked into and promptly seated. Then I was invited into a managers office where the interview began. He asked basic questions about business strategy and case studies. I gave him my advice on the game and the direction of the future gaming market. Pretty easy interview.

Interview Question – Where do you think Jagex is headed?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Mod MMG Interview

Mod MMG
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Jagex in January 2010.

Interview Details – was slow, boring, interveiwer asked many irrelevant questions. the whole process took a total of sixty seven days and my salary i started with was remarkably low. I would not recommend this job to a friend, worst choice I've ever made!

Interview Question – what do you think about dogs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i asked for $40k annually and got it

Game Designer Interview

Game Designer
Cambridge, South West England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Jagex in February 2010.

Interview Details – After completing their online test I was called in for a 2 day assessment. I was interview by a team of senior designers. They were very friendly and did their best to make me feel at ease, asking relevant questions.

Interview Question – The test included scripting using their in house scripting language.   View Answer

Senior Tools Programmer Interview

Senior Tools Programmer
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Jagex in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was offered the job with no interview. It's who you know :)

Negotiation Details – there was none

Very Difficult Interview

Localisation Manager Interview

Localisation Manager
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jagex in October 2012.

Interview Details – A recruiter sent me the job posting. I sent back my CV. We arranged a telephone interview. Weeks (2) later Jagex sent the files to be translated as part of the recruitment process.

Interview Question – Some of the sentences have different meanings in different countries, even if it is the same language   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Customer Support
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I interviewed at Jagex in January 2008.

Interview Details – A long wait followed by a phone interview then wait around 3 months for an interview which is a 2 day test.

This is where you use the software and show your skills to the employers on the first day- then on the second day team events and formal interview

Interview Question – If you're to be a Runescape monster, which and why?   View Answers (3)

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jagex.

Interview Details – Initial communication was a phone interview and an online assessment. This was followed by an assessment day where I worked on an example problem.

Interview Question – There was nothing really difficult or awkward about the process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Runescape Content Developer Interview

Runescape Content Developer
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jagex in August 2012.

Interview Details – The pre-interview is handled entirely by Jagex's HR department through emails. The first step is submit your CV and if it passes a review you are asked to complete a timed, online test covering subjects such as pseudocode, game design and general attitude. Those who pass this test are invited to a full day trial at Jagex's Cambridge office. The trial is divided into 2 parts - a coding section and a design section, with interviews thrown in at various points along the course of the day.

Interview Question – Most questions are standard interview questions probing the applicants strengths and weaknesses, nothing really tricky.   Answer Question

Animator Interview

Animator
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Jagex.

Interview Details – A long wait followed by a somewhat unusual psudo-phone interview.
A couple of months later after hearing nothing...
Interview over 2 day practical test, using proprietary in-house software (this software has since been dropped for new projects). Several other applicants did not return after lunch of the first day or on the second morning due to the weirdness of the software.
Interview its self was fairly standard - nothing hugely unexpected.

The HR side of this was very sloppy, and the internal recruiter did not inspire confidence. Generally a poor experience.

Interview Question – Alot of questions about what I thought of the company, after working their for a few weeks the reasons for these became clear (see the reviews of this employer).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation over pay appears non-existent for development roles but stick to your guns, they have deep pockets and if they want you they will pay out.
It is much easier to get money at this point than later on.

Worked for Jagex? Contribute to the Community!