Jagex Interview Questions in United Kingdom

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial communication was a phone interview and an online assessment. This was followed by an assessment day where I worked on an example problem.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing really difficult or awkward about the process   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

A long wait followed by a somewhat unusual psudo-phone interview.
    A couple of months later after hearing nothing...
    Interview over 2 day practical test, using proprietary in-house software (this software has since been dropped for new projects). Several other applicants did not return after lunch of the first day or on the second morning due to the weirdness of the software.
    Interview its self was fairly standard - nothing hugely unexpected.

The HR side of this was very sloppy, and the internal recruiter did not inspire confidence. Generally a poor experience.

Interview Questions

• Alot of questions about what I thought of the company, after working their for a few weeks the reasons for these became clear (see the reviews of this employer).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation over pay appears non-existent for development roles but stick to your guns, they have deep pockets and if they want you they will pay out.
    It is much easier to get money at this point than later on.

Localisation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

A recruiter sent me the job posting. I sent back my CV. We arranged a telephone interview. Weeks (2) later Jagex sent the files to be translated as part of the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Some of the sentences have different meanings in different countries, even if it is the same language   Answer Question

Runescape Content Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

The pre-interview is handled entirely by Jagex's HR department through emails. The first step is submit your CV and if it passes a review you are asked to complete a timed, online test covering subjects such as pseudocode, game design and general attitude. Those who pass this test are invited to a full day trial at Jagex's Cambridge office. The trial is divided into 2 parts - a coding section and a design section, with interviews thrown in at various points along the course of the day.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are standard interview questions probing the applicants strengths and weaknesses, nothing really tricky.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Apply directly. Most posts are not advertised with agencies.
    1 - 2 interviews, normally around half a day and include interviews, office tour and generally an exercise to demonstrate your ability to do the job you are applying for.

Offer or contact are normally made within a week of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you think your personality is the right fit for this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple

Jagex Player Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Not very professional, interviewers often forget this is a workplace and ask personal or irrelevant questions.

Interview Questions

• A number of personal questions may be asked   1 Answer

Senior Tools Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in November 2010.

Interview

I was offered the job with no interview. It's who you know :)

Negotiation

there was none

Player Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2010.

Interview

Childs play really... build a bridge - show that you can work in a team/leader, talk rubbish which is relevant to their interests and show your passion for the company like it's the only thing in the world.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting salary with an email.... Non-existent.

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, South West England, England (UK)) in February 2010.

Interview

After completing their online test I was called in for a 2 day assessment. I was interview by a team of senior designers. They were very friendly and did their best to make me feel at ease, asking relevant questions.

Interview Questions

• The test included scripting using their in house scripting language.   1 Answer

Mod MMG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2010.

Interview

was slow, boring, interveiwer asked many irrelevant questions. the whole process took a total of sixty seven days and my salary i started with was remarkably low. I would not recommend this job to a friend, worst choice I've ever made!

Interview Questions

• what do you think about dogs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i asked for $40k annually and got it