Jagex Interview Questions & Reviews in United Kingdom

3.3

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Mod MMG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Jagex in January 2010.

was slow, boring, interveiwer asked many irrelevant questions. the whole process took a total of sixty seven days and my salary i started with was remarkably low. I would not recommend this job to a friend, worst choice I've ever made!

i asked for $40k annually and got it

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, South West England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, South West England, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Jagex in February 2010.

After completing their online test I was called in for a 2 day assessment. I was interview by a team of senior designers. They were very friendly and did their best to make me feel at ease, asking relevant questions.

Interview Questions
    • The test included scripting using their in house scripting language.   View Answer

Senior Tools Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Jagex in November 2010.

I was offered the job with no interview. It's who you know :)

there was none

Localisation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jagex in October 2012.

A recruiter sent me the job posting. I sent back my CV. We arranged a telephone interview. Weeks (2) later Jagex sent the files to be translated as part of the recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the sentences have different meanings in different countries, even if it is the same language   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

interviewed at Jagex in January 2008.

A long wait followed by a phone interview then wait around 3 months for an interview which is a 2 day test.

This is where you use the software and show your skills to the employers on the first day- then on the second day team events and formal interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jagex.

Initial communication was a phone interview and an online assessment. This was followed by an assessment day where I worked on an example problem.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing really difficult or awkward about the process   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Runescape Content Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jagex in August 2012.

The pre-interview is handled entirely by Jagex's HR department through emails. The first step is submit your CV and if it passes a review you are asked to complete a timed, online test covering subjects such as pseudocode, game design and general attitude. Those who pass this test are invited to a full day trial at Jagex's Cambridge office. The trial is divided into 2 parts - a coding section and a design section, with interviews thrown in at various points along the course of the day.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are standard interview questions probing the applicants strengths and weaknesses, nothing really tricky.   Answer Question

Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Jagex.

A long wait followed by a somewhat unusual psudo-phone interview.
    A couple of months later after hearing nothing...
    Interview over 2 day practical test, using proprietary in-house software (this software has since been dropped for new projects). Several other applicants did not return after lunch of the first day or on the second morning due to the weirdness of the software.
    Interview its self was fairly standard - nothing hugely unexpected.

The HR side of this was very sloppy, and the internal recruiter did not inspire confidence. Generally a poor experience.

Interview Questions
    • Alot of questions about what I thought of the company, after working their for a few weeks the reasons for these became clear (see the reviews of this employer).   Answer Question
    Negotiation over pay appears non-existent for development roles but stick to your guns, they have deep pockets and if they want you they will pay out.
    It is much easier to get money at this point than later on.

Player Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Jagex in September 2010.

Childs play really... build a bridge - show that you can work in a team/leader, talk rubbish which is relevant to their interests and show your passion for the company like it's the only thing in the world.

Interview Questions
    Starting salary with an email.... Non-existent.

Jagex Player Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jagex in January 2011.

Not very professional, interviewers often forget this is a workplace and ask personal or irrelevant questions.

Interview Questions
    • A number of personal questions may be asked   View Answer

Worked for Jagex? Contribute to the Community!