Jaguar Land Rover

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

3.3

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover.

First, a pre-screen phone call with the HM, then passed a timed aptitude exam, then finally a four person at once interview. I'm not sure what that exam proves as far as work performance; it was excessive and not easy, but I passed it. The interview was fairly friendly, however it had canned thorough questions that are nearly difficult to answer on the spot, but I was able to answer them. I thought I did quite well through out the whole process. Then a week later I got a follow up call, right before the HM was going into a meeting, so when I called back I was not able to reach them, but they said to give a time they could call the next day, which I did. They then did not call back during that time, but at a much later time. So after over 24 hours of false hope, they finally called me to tell me I didn't get the position. Probably one of the worst callback experiences I've ever had, an email would have been fine.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover.

There were multiple rounds of interviews. Final round was a skype interview with about 6 people. Questions weren't impossible, just long. They were impressed with my skills with MS office, didn't seem to get that everyone in college now can do it. Seemed a little old school but in a charming way. They had me pick between 2 different positions, each one had very specific and lengthy job descriptions.

Interview Questions
    • Why I chose the things I did to make my college experience   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover in May 2013.

First phone call for 30 mins and then in-person interview. Interview is not so tough. Mostly behavioral questions and strategic questions. Make sure you know about company and project management. The person who took my interview and the HR were quite friendly and helpful. Confidence is what you need to show.

I T Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover in May 2011.

Phone interview - standard questions relating to gathering requirements, style of work, strengths & weaknesses

Undergraduate Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover.

Full Assessment centre with:
    - Group Exercise
    - Competency Interview
    - Role Play Exercise
      - Pretend that you are already working for the company and that an issue with the fuel tank meant that you must redesign the row 2 seats, taking into account wheel sizes, seat sizes, car height, cabin height etc.
    - Assessments
      - Diagrammatical Reasoning
      - Verbal Reasoning
      - Numerical Reasoning

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of a time where you felt uncomfortable doing something, and what action did you take?   Answer Question
    No negotiations but the offer was very generous, I would advise looking at the company's behavioural criteria before entering the interview.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover.

1. CV Selection ; 2. numerical, verbal and reasoning tests ; 3. Assessment event consisting in behavioural interview, technical interview and a presentation: 3-4 hours approximately ; 4.answer on the outcome of the interview

lots questions asked in the behavioural interview. in the technical interview, questions are not really technical related, it is quite similar to the behavioural interview but more project based.

The assessors are very nice, the event very well organised. If you can't thing about any specific example during the interviews, they will try and help you with further questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to challenge someone's idea. What was the reaction, who did you challenge ?   Answer Question
    • - How do you organise data ?
      - Tell me a time when you had to deal with cross functional team ? What was your approach ?
      Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.

Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover in November 2014.

From my initial online application to getting to the interview took 5 months with some testing in between - communication prior and during the interview was good but then i waited 6 weeks for any feedback with me having to call them to ask. I eventually got told I hadn't been selected but 8 weeks later I still don't have the feedback I requested so quite disappointing in the end.

Interview Questions
    • Was interviewed by 4 different hiring managers, each with a long list of questions. It took 5 hours.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover.

Phone interview with HR. Then a challenging online test before phone interview with the hiring manager.

Take the practice tests provided. I am not sure how they are used, but I imagine most people don't do too well on them.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover in June 2014.

Applied via agency and was sent the online tests ( numeracy and verbal ) within a week. After completion took about 2 weeks for a reply that i was sucessful and that i was invited to attend the assessment centre. Had about three weeks prep for this, i was sent an email telling me what to expect of the day. It was only about 3 hours long and it included a behavioural interview and a technical interview ( did not have to repeat the tests ). Behavioural interview was just to find out about your self, also a few competancy questions like about team work and pressure etc. nothing to stressful. The technical interview was more around your current role, experience, health and safety and some circuit diagrams where you have to identify symbols etc. I was told within three hours that i had passed the assessment centre and that i was invited to a trade test stage which was in coventry and a full day of tests. This is a challange to find out what you know and dont. ( There isn't much info on this stage and i think its role specific but there is practical and written tests). I have now been waiting for two weeks for an answer. I was told it would be a few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult about the interviews. Just prepare well some real life situations that you have been in and demonstrated the skills they are looking for. ( There 8 key business behaviours).   Answer Question

Packaging Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover.

1. CV Selection ; 2. numerical, verbal and reasoning tests ; 3. Assessment event consisting in behavioral interview, technical interview and a role play - duration : 4 hours approximately ; 4.answer on the outcome of the interview.