Jaguar Land Rover Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover.

Interview

First, a pre-screen phone call with the HM, then passed a timed aptitude exam, then finally a four person at once interview. I'm not sure what that exam proves as far as work performance; it was excessive and not easy, but I passed it. The interview was fairly friendly, however it had canned thorough questions that are nearly difficult to answer on the spot, but I was able to answer them. I thought I did quite well through out the whole process. Then a week later I got a follow up call, right before the HM was going into a meeting, so when I called back I was not able to reach them, but they said to give a time they could call the next day, which I did. They then did not call back during that time, but at a much later time. So after over 24 hours of false hope, they finally called me to tell me I didn't get the position. Probably one of the worst callback experiences I've ever had, an email would have been fine.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Mahwah, NJ).

Interview

There were multiple rounds of interviews. Final round was a skype interview with about 6 people. Questions weren't impossible, just long. They were impressed with my skills with MS office, didn't seem to get that everyone in college now can do it. Seemed a little old school but in a charming way. They had me pick between 2 different positions, each one had very specific and lengthy job descriptions.

Interview Questions

• Why I chose the things I did to make my college experience   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover in May 2013.

Interview

First phone call for 30 mins and then in-person interview. Interview is not so tough. Mostly behavioral questions and strategic questions. Make sure you know about company and project management. The person who took my interview and the HR were quite friendly and helpful. Confidence is what you need to show.

I T Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Mahwah, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview - standard questions relating to gathering requirements, style of work, strengths & weaknesses

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Coventry, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application, 3 months process.
    Waited for a month for an assessment centre invite after completing the test.
    Assessment centre was relatively chilled compared to other companies. 1. Group exercise: No presentations, make sure you analyse the problem using quantitative methods as well as qualitative ones. 2. One to one interview: biographical and motivational, no technical questions 3. In tray: quite time pressured

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges facing JLR and the British Automotive industry   Answer Question
    • Who are JLR's customers? Internally and externally   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Coventry, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

The assessment centre was only four hours long at a holiday inn in Coventry. The assessment centre consisted of a brief introduction, a lunch with current graduates, a group exercise, an interview, and then a technical presentation. Only applicants in every third assessment centre have to resit the online tests, fortunately I did not have to do it at my assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for JLR? Why do you want to work in the automotive industry? Who are our internal customers and our external customers? usual competency based questions.   Answer Question

Electrical Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

Interview

The AC was well organised. It was the same as all other AC. There were 3 parts, group discussion, one-to-one interview and a technical presentation. Group discussion and the interview were very normal. For technical presentation, it would be better to talk about an easy understanding and interesting project. I chose a bad one because the interviewer seemed to know little about it. And I did not give enough detail information. Please remember the interviewer is not your supervisor who knows your project well and knows all the background knowledge.

Programmes and Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover in March 2015.

Interview

The assessment day consists of:
    Team exercise, where you work together pooling information together to recommend a supplier for a certain aspect of the business
    Behavioral Interview: Standard competency questions and they want to see if you are an interesting person
    Technical presentation: A short 15 minute presentation you prepare on the day based on some technical work you have done previously at uni or otherwise

Interview Questions

• Explain your methodology for planning your technical project   Answer Question

Undergraduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover.

Interview

Full Assessment centre with:
    - Group Exercise
    - Competency Interview
    - Role Play Exercise
      - Pretend that you are already working for the company and that an issue with the fuel tank meant that you must redesign the row 2 seats, taking into account wheel sizes, seat sizes, car height, cabin height etc.
    - Assessments
      - Diagrammatical Reasoning
      - Verbal Reasoning
      - Numerical Reasoning

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time where you felt uncomfortable doing something, and what action did you take?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations but the offer was very generous, I would advise looking at the company's behavioural criteria before entering the interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Following the online tests, the unique interview process happens at their assessment centre. There is a group exercise (no presentation), a in-tray exercise (hard but can't practice) and a 1:1 interview (45 min)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation