Jaguar Land Rover Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.3

Corporate Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Mahwah, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview, then there was a 4 person in-person interview, 2 people at a time; very straight forward overall. Not too many behavioral questions, was more concerned with my experience and how well I would be able to do the position with my skill-set.

Interview Questions

• Why Jaguar Land Rover? What differentiates us from other companies? How well do you know Microsoft Excel? Where do you see yourself after graduation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Mahwah, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was with HR. Simple questions to get your background and what type of person you are. Invited in for physical interview where I met with two interviewing managers. They had suggested questions that I assume they were supposed to ask, but were very friendly. Asked about skills with technology, prior experience, went over resume jobs, etc... Most shocking was their openness with answering my questions. They loved talking about the culture, and experience that interns gain. After the in-person interview, I was told I would hear back with two weeks. I heard back and was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to work in a group, and what difficulties did you face?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover.

Interview

First, a pre-screen phone call with the HM, then passed a timed aptitude exam, then finally a four person at once interview. I'm not sure what that exam proves as far as work performance; it was excessive and not easy, but I passed it. The interview was fairly friendly, however it had canned thorough questions that are nearly difficult to answer on the spot, but I was able to answer them. I thought I did quite well through out the whole process. Then a week later I got a follow up call, right before the HM was going into a meeting, so when I called back I was not able to reach them, but they said to give a time they could call the next day, which I did. They then did not call back during that time, but at a much later time. So after over 24 hours of false hope, they finally called me to tell me I didn't get the position. Probably one of the worst callback experiences I've ever had, an email would have been fine.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Mahwah, NJ).

Interview

There were multiple rounds of interviews. Final round was a skype interview with about 6 people. Questions weren't impossible, just long. They were impressed with my skills with MS office, didn't seem to get that everyone in college now can do it. Seemed a little old school but in a charming way. They had me pick between 2 different positions, each one had very specific and lengthy job descriptions.

Interview Questions

• Why I chose the things I did to make my college experience   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover in May 2013.

Interview

First phone call for 30 mins and then in-person interview. Interview is not so tough. Mostly behavioral questions and strategic questions. Make sure you know about company and project management. The person who took my interview and the HR were quite friendly and helpful. Confidence is what you need to show.

I T Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Mahwah, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview - standard questions relating to gathering requirements, style of work, strengths & weaknesses

Procurement Programmer Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover.

Interview

Had the usual online application, online tests and then an assessment centre call. The assessment centre consisted of a technical interview, competency based interview and a group task. The technical interview was based a lot on the procurement processes, tools and techniques plus the project management skills whereas, the competency one was based on JLR's high performance behaviours. Be prepared to show examples replicating the skills from the high performance behaviours.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work in this particular programme or job role?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Coventry, England (UK)).

Interview

After applying I was required to complete an online test, based on "managerial" decisions rather than engineering questions. Once I passed that stage I was invited to the formal interview, which was overall a very streamlined process in a fancy hotel, based on a group task, an individual test and a personal interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all based on Jaguar's "high performance skills", seven key skills you have todisplay in order to obtain the job. They can be found on their website   Answer Question

Battery Enguneer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Online test as described as below detailing what you have to go through just applying for the job. I'm disappointed that jaguar land rover are missing out on a lot of talent out there because they didn't answer the irrelevant questions quickly enough which is unfair.

Interview Questions

• Do a ridiculous test not relevant to the job   1 Answer
    • This test is totally irrelevant of your capabilities that they are missing out on a lot of tallent. Just because you didn't answer the questions quickly enough doesn't mean you are not good enough for the job. Just because your not a mega quick thinker doesn't mean your not good enough. Some of the best people are slow methodical thinkers and on this test would fail.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover (Coventry, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Individual assessment day process with a behavioural interview, technical interview and presentation. Behavioural interview is simple as long as you prepare relevant experiences using your cv. For technical pres and interview technical knowledge is the name of the game as well as knowing the market and a basic understanding of jlr products. Overall the experience was one of the best I have encountered compared to other big conpanies with lots of help and reassurance given if required.

Interview Questions

• What are your motivations for the role? What do you know about jlr? What are the challenges facing jlr in next 10 years?   Answer Question