Jaguar Land Rover

Updated Dec 19, 2014

3.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover.

There were multiple rounds of interviews. Final round was a skype interview with about 6 people. Questions weren't impossible, just long. They were impressed with my skills with MS office, didn't seem to get that everyone in college now can do it. Seemed a little old school but in a charming way. They had me pick between 2 different positions, each one had very specific and lengthy job descriptions.

Interview Questions
    • Why I chose the things I did to make my college experience   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover in May 2013.

First phone call for 30 mins and then in-person interview. Interview is not so tough. Mostly behavioral questions and strategic questions. Make sure you know about company and project management. The person who took my interview and the HR were quite friendly and helpful. Confidence is what you need to show.

I T Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover in May 2011.

Phone interview - standard questions relating to gathering requirements, style of work, strengths & weaknesses

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover.

1. CV Selection ; 2. numerical, verbal and reasoning tests ; 3. Assessment event consisting in behavioural interview, technical interview and a presentation: 3-4 hours approximately ; 4.answer on the outcome of the interview

lots questions asked in the behavioural interview. in the technical interview, questions are not really technical related, it is quite similar to the behavioural interview but more project based.

The assessors are very nice, the event very well organised. If you can't thing about any specific example during the interviews, they will try and help you with further questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to challenge someone's idea. What was the reaction, who did you challenge ?   Answer Question
    • - How do you organise data ?
      - Tell me a time when you had to deal with cross functional team ? What was your approach ?
      Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover.

Phone interview with HR. Then a challenging online test before phone interview with the hiring manager.

Take the practice tests provided. I am not sure how they are used, but I imagine most people don't do too well on them.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover in June 2014.

Applied via agency and was sent the online tests ( numeracy and verbal ) within a week. After completion took about 2 weeks for a reply that i was sucessful and that i was invited to attend the assessment centre. Had about three weeks prep for this, i was sent an email telling me what to expect of the day. It was only about 3 hours long and it included a behavioural interview and a technical interview ( did not have to repeat the tests ). Behavioural interview was just to find out about your self, also a few competancy questions like about team work and pressure etc. nothing to stressful. The technical interview was more around your current role, experience, health and safety and some circuit diagrams where you have to identify symbols etc. I was told within three hours that i had passed the assessment centre and that i was invited to a trade test stage which was in coventry and a full day of tests. This is a challange to find out what you know and dont. ( There isn't much info on this stage and i think its role specific but there is practical and written tests). I have now been waiting for two weeks for an answer. I was told it would be a few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult about the interviews. Just prepare well some real life situations that you have been in and demonstrated the skills they are looking for. ( There 8 key business behaviours).   Answer Question

Packaging Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover.

1. CV Selection ; 2. numerical, verbal and reasoning tests ; 3. Assessment event consisting in behavioral interview, technical interview and a role play - duration : 4 hours approximately ; 4.answer on the outcome of the interview.

Manufacturing Labour Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover in April 2014.

- online application (it took 5 months to hear back from them)

- Online testing (e.g. verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning, diagrammatical reasoning). Not very hard but it is better to practice the tests online before.

- Assessment event in Coventry which included a 10min presentation, a technical interview and a behavioural interview ...

Step 1: presentation (duration : 30 minutes)
    The presentation is about a complex project you have been involved in which is relevant to the position you have applied to - you get this when you confirm your attendance to the assessment day, meaning you have a few weeks to prepare the presentation. The presentation is followed by 20 min of questions. Nothing too complicated about this, the questions are related to your project / what you have presented.

Step 2: Technical interview (duration : 1 hour)
    The technical interview is in relation with the position you have applied for, mine was based mainly on data and data analysis. The assessor had approx. 10 specific questions (with sub-questions) you need to answer with specific examples (ideally using the CAR approach - Context/Actions/Results).

Step 3: Behavioural interview (duration : 1 hour)
    I was asked specific questions based on every individual High Performance Behaviours (which can be found on their website). The assessor has specific questions (and sub questions) for each behaviour. Here again, you need to give specific example(s) from previous experience to answer each question.

I received an answer within 2 days after the assessment event (but I was told within 3 weeks).

The assessors are very nice, the event very well organised. The assessors are super friendly and are here to get as much as they can from you. If you can't thing about any specific example during the interviews, they will try and help you with further questions.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview:
      - How do you organise data ?

- Behavioural interview
      - Tell me a time when you had to challenge someone's idea. What was the reaction, who did you challenge ?
      - Why do you want to work for JLR ?
      - Where do you think the company will be in 5 years time ?
      - Why do you think it is important to have good relationship at work ?
      - What are the different type of customers you could be facing ? (e.g. could be for instance the financial department, the final customer, the suppliers, ?....)
      - How do you recognise every single customer you may have to deal with ?
      - How would you face a situation where you have opposite / distinct objectives to achieve (which are not compatible) ?

Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Jaguar Land Rover in March 2014.

Online application, followed by numerical and verbal testing and situational judgement tests. Then invited to an assessment center which involved a group exercise, 1:1 interview, role play exercise and an in-tray exercise. Was extensively focused on the high performance behaviors that are required.

Interview Questions
    • Within the Jaguar Land Rover group, who do you see as the customers and what are their respective needs?   View Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jaguar Land Rover in March 2014.

Applied online with a questionnaire there were no details/essays so it was a very easy process. Did a situational judgement and a numerical test online. Then got an assessment day a couple of months later which took place at a hotel near to the company's site. Involved a group task, an 1-1 interview and a written in-tray exercise. They let you know the results the following day and give feedback on your performance in each of the tasks/interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Just general competency questions. e.g. 'tell me a time when you overcame a problem etc'   Answer Question