James Avery Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at James Avery

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at James Avery.

Most of the interviews are conducted in groups with the manager. Mine was solo since the other people didn't show up. It was quick 15 min interview and I was offered the position 1 week later.

You will be asked:
Why do you want to work at James Avery?
How are your customer service skill?
How well do you work with other people?
If you caught an employee breaking the policies what would you do?
If you have an issue with the customer how would you handle it?

Interview Questions
  • Be prepared to give an example on how you accomplished something as a team.   Answer Question
I accepted on the spot.

Other Interview Reviews for James Avery

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at James Avery in June 2013.

All employees were very friendly. I had a phone interview that wasnt scheduled. I was randomly called one day when I was out running errands and put on the spot of an interview with two managers on the line. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to come in for an interview in person. I thought the second interview went well, although the Manager started making remarks that seemed very catty. That should've been the clear sign to not take the job and that this location was different than previous JA locations I had worked at.

Interview Questions
    • I was put on the spot about learning how to solder/repair items in the back of the store. Soldering is not something I wanted to do, but I said I was open to learning. Manager made several comments implying I would not get the job if I didn't do soldering.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at James Avery.

Very nice and relaxed. Asked normal questions and availability.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most recent group project or task you were involved in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at James Avery in October 2010.

I applied online on Jamesavery.com and I received a phone call two days later. We set up an interview at the store.
    When I arrived, there were 5 other people waiting so I knew it was going to be a group interview. They sat us down on benches in the middle of the mall (super distracting...) and asked each of us the same questions.

The interview itself took about an hour and a half because they had to ask everyone the same question and the person had to respond with great examples.
    At the end, they had everyone sign a paper saying that they could run a background check on you and then they gave everyone a "thank you" package with mints, a catalog, and a jewelry polishing cloth.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What did you like and dislike about your previous job?   Answer Question
    • 2. In your opinion, is the customer always right?   Answer Question
    • 3. What was the last work related skill you learned?   Answer Question
    • 4. When was the last time you witnessed exceptional customer service? Where and what happened? What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Worked for James Avery? Contribute to the Community!