James Hardie Interview Questions in Fontana, CA

Updated Jul 13, 2015

R&D Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at James Hardie (Fontana, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I was called in for a general interview. It consisted of general questions such as personality, decisions, future, etc.. They forwarded my file to the main hiring manager and one of the senior scientists. They had a panel phone interview and asked questions regarding my background in the sciences.

Interview Questions

• What instrumentations are you familiar or experienced with?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your research and previous laboratory experiences.   Answer Question

Building Science (Entry Level Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at James Hardie (Fontana, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

1. Zone Manager - Phone Interview 2. Research Team head - Phone Interview 3. Building Science Head - Panel Interview

Interview Questions

• a) Based on my research and my project work. b) Knowledge about Green building incentive plans c) What do u know about the company d) What kind of software do u know e) ASHRAE Standards f) Energy Auditing related questions g) Why James Hardie h) What is that one thing that you would want to change in our company i) What is that one thing that you couldn't find in our website and you want us to answer for you?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at James Hardie (Fontana, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position and in 3 weeks got a phone screen by a gentleman in Chicago, a week later I was told to perform a video interview. 2 weeks later I had a in lunch meeting with the department chair and engineering manager. a week later I was brought in with 2 other interviewees. No hard questions, mostly interested in hours worked, previous project management stories, and activities outside of work. A week later I was approached about my expected salary (15% more than current), and asked if that was negotiable. I told them give me an offer and it was 6% LESS than I was making.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a hand tool   1 Answer

The salary was lower than what I was currently making. Location was in a slum of the Inland Empire. Personnel was rude and imposing.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at James Hardie (Fontana, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initially first level HR called and did a phone interview. Second had a video recorded interview. Then had a F2F interview with 6 people, 3 at a time 1 hour a piece. These were with an HR hiring manager as well as other managers and engineering personal. Last I had a phone interview with the director of engineering for the R&D department. This was because he was away for a review event in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you worked on in detail and the specifics of what you did for that specific task?   Answer Question