James Hardie

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Installation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at James Hardie in May 2011.

Phone interview first, lasted about 30 minutes describing job and culture at James Hardie. Basic behavioral questions, ability to work in entrepreneurial environment. Scheduled follow up interview locally with other management. Interview at hotel, got a phone call early to push interview back 30 minutes due to late arrival of second interviewer. Arrived 10 mins early, there was another person interviewing (so they pushed me off to fit someone else in, not late flight). Basic interview questions, interviewer expects you to control their attention as you would if meeting with client. Interviewer was distracted with another issue, this may have been intentional to see how you react to presenting to someone who isn't 100% focused on you as could be the case in day to day activities in the job. Position ended up not being a good fit to my experience and personality

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for James Hardie

Installation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at James Hardie in February 2013.

Upon Looking into the position with James Hardie, as a installation specialist, I had to first meet with a staffing agent, this process was as normal as an interview should be.
    A few days later I was to receive a phone call from an assistant to the hiring manager with James Hardie. The call was 20 min late which was fine, and there was continuous interruptions which I can also understand.
    The questions were standard interview questions that I posed to employees myself, I do believe I was nervous and may have carried on the answers for a bit too long.
    The thing I did not like was no one seemed to want to call my previous employer or client's.
    I know I fit the job description in every aspect that this position required, but what I don't understand is why they needed 2 yrs post secondary education. I do have 1 yr college for fuel control and turbine overhaul which has nothing to do with the position needed to be filled.
    It is unfortunate that I did not get the position with an employer I admire so much, and it is more unfortunate for them that they could've had such a dedicated and hard working employee.
    If they are going to be so strict at hiring they should do it face to face, I believe they would've seen the potential in me then. Although I do understand that they are located miles away I just wish it was one on one, to get to know me better..

I still send thanks for the opportunity and wish the best of luck.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected questions were such as, when I owned my own company and caught an employee steeling what did I do! Well I dismissed him.
      And why when I quit my job prior did I not have another lined up prior! Well with that it was fairly personal and I did not want to get into deep details, if they knew why I'm sure they would understand.

View Answer