Jane Street

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Jane Street in March 2012.

Interview Details – I got my interview with Jane Street Capital by applying through my college career services website. The interview lasted for half an hour. There were zero personality, behavioral, or fit questions. All that the interviewer wanted to test was my quantitative skills. I was asked to perform mental arithmetic, and then he asked me how sure I was of my answer. He asked a few simple questions, but in the moment it's easy to make mistakes. Then he allowed me to take out a pencil and paper and he asked some statistics questions. Basically, the entire interview was just to assess my quantitative skills.

Interview Question – 3 million - 237   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Jane Street in October 2009.

Interview Details – very quantitative, a lot of math/probability brainteasers like from the book 'heard on the street'

Interview Question – how much would you pay to play a game where you roll a die and receive however many number of dots in dollars?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jane Street in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was a phone interview. Questions were quite difficult and they asked you to do all of the questions in your head with no pen, paper or calculator. No fit questions at all. For interview prep definitely practice a lot of brainteasers - there are also some forums online which have some of the questions which were good in preparing. I didn't get through the first round.

Worked for Jane Street? Contribute to the Community!