Jane Street Analyst Interview Questions

4.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I got my interview with Jane Street Capital by applying through my college career services website. The interview lasted for half an hour. There were zero personality, behavioral, or fit questions. All that the interviewer wanted to test was my quantitative skills. I was asked to perform mental arithmetic, and then he asked me how sure I was of my answer. He asked a few simple questions, but in the moment it's easy to make mistakes. Then he allowed me to take out a pencil and paper and he asked some statistics questions. Basically, the entire interview was just to assess my quantitative skills.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Jane Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

very quantitative, a lot of math/probability brainteasers like from the book 'heard on the street'

Interview Questions

• how much would you pay to play a game where you roll a die and receive however many number of dots in dollars?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online, process took about two weeks. Then I had a phone interview, very difficult interview. Interviewer was nice and friendly although the interview ended as soon as I got one of the questions wrong.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jane Street in February 2010.

Interview

Interview was a phone interview. Questions were quite difficult and they asked you to do all of the questions in your head with no pen, paper or calculator. No fit questions at all. For interview prep definitely practice a lot of brainteasers - there are also some forums online which have some of the questions which were good in preparing. I didn't get through the first round.