Jane Street

Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.8

87 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Trader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jane Street.

Applied online.The process took less than a week.the first round is a technical phone interview. A lot Mental math and probability questions.Not hard but they expect you to explain explicitly.

Other Interview Reviews for Jane Street

Trader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Jane Street.

Submitted resume through school recruiting website, learned that it had been accepted for an interview a few days later. Came in for a 30-minute one-on-one interview. First couple questions were mental arithmetic, and then there were two/three probability questions. Essentially you only get to the next round if you successfully solve all of them.

Interview Questions
    • The classic 5 pirates/100 pieces of gold game theory question. Did not expect it.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Jane Street in October 2014.

3 Phone interviews, and then an on site interview. Pretty much all probability / expected value. Lots of dice games. The on site interview was like 4 1-hour long interviews, where they gave you poker chips and let you trade on different games (aka guess the expected values). Overall it was really fun, and even though I didn't get the offer, I really enjoyed the entire interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Make me a market on the probability that the next card is a face card, given what's already on the table.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Jane Street.

Phone interview. Woman called and asked some basic questions about mental math and some coin flip stuff. They seemed arrogant and as such I did not want to pursue the job.

Interview Questions
    • In world series, what are the odds it goes 7 games if each team equal change of winning.   View Answer

Trader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Jane Street.

Got asked 4 quantitative questions. They were progressively more difficult. I answered the first 3 correctly, without much time used. The last question, however, I couldn't figure out. The interviewer tried to help me, but between his accent and the noise coming from the background (his side), it wasn't useful. After about 15 minutes, he ended the interview.

Interview Questions
    • (medium difficulty) If you have an asset that goes up or down 20% with probability 1/2, what is the probability that after n days, the asset's price is unchanged?   View Answer

Trader Interview

I submitted my resume online on the Jane Street website to apply for their internship programs. I received a phone interview from them. The recruiter asked me questions involving mental calculation and basic probability.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions involving mental calculation and basic probability   Answer Question

Trader Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jane Street.

Made to the second round (45 min phone interview), the first round is doing probability relate questions online. The second round is also problem solving, but is much harder.

Interview Questions
    • On a multiple-choice exam with three possible answers for each of the five questions, what is the probability that a student would get four or more correct answer just by guessing?   View Answer

Pre-Interview(10min), Interview(30min)

Trader Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jane Street.

I had one phone interview

Interview Questions
    • I flip 4 coins and give you a dollar for each head. I also give you the opportunity to flip one tail after I have flipped all four coins. What is the expected value of this game?   View Answers (7)

Trader Interview

Applied through campus, asked some mental math questions and a couple probability questions