Jani-King Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

2.4

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jani-King.

Interview

Two interviews. Very short. Long call back time. Unnecessary personal questions. Agreed on salary at first interview. Had to re negotiate salary on second meeting. Unprofessional and distracted during interview, taking cell calls, checking email / text msgs. stopping interview several times to take phone calls, etc.

Inspector Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jani-King.

Interview

Easy, straight-forward. 2-3 Day interviewing process. They want to know who you are as a person, worker and how your over all attitude would affect your work ethic. Wants you to get to know there company. Has a caring attitude and wants you to really get to know the company while growing with the company; promoting within.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jani-King in December 2014.

Interview

In-person interview and 2 phone interviews. The questions were not difficult if you are comfortable interviewing with employers. Be candid and honest. Be yourself and don't be afraid to ask questions

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jani-King (Augusta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Met at the front of k-mart on a very cold day and it was windy. They also give us no training and told us we will be working on a Saturday on our first week!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jani-King in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring process took a few weeks. I thought the interview was challenging, yet only of a medium difficulty (at most). If you can sell yourself well and identify past successes you have experienced, you should do well. You initially have a phone interview. Then, you interview with the Regional Director. Next, you meet for a follow-up interview with the Regional Director and the VP of Sales (which is the most challenging part of the interview process). If you handle their questions with ease, and sell yourself well...you have a great chance of "closing the sale" on yourself. Once they have you almost on board, you will go out in the field with another sales representative and make cold calls and first meetings with prospects (to see if this is the right fit for you). Then, you have a more casual follow up with Regional Director to discuss the specifics (start date, salary, benefits & etc.)

Interview Questions

• The hardest question I recall was, "Tell me about a time when you experienced a customer service failure. How did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure they are aware of what you expect in a base salary and prove that you are worth far more than that base salary.

Appointment Setter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Jani-King (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

one-to-one interview asking about my skills and experience and giving details about job requirements ...I was background checked and given a callback afterwards and given an offer and when to come in for set training class date.

Interview Questions

• What was my call center experience? 10 years   1 Answer

Appointment Setter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Jani-King (Addison, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Came in after being called for an interview after seeing my resume online.Was asked fill out an application. Waited in a room near by. Be prepared to know the address and phone numbers of all of you past employers. Also they check your credit. Sucks it's an $11 an hour job. Long story short I aced the interview, was offered the job contingent on a back ground check. I do not have a criminal past at all but was told I didn't past the back ground check....weird..anywho moving on.

Interview Questions

• Basic tell me about a time/ behavioral boring interview.   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Interview

I walked in, the persons position I was taking was the one that interviewed me. She greeted me at the door. I sat down in her office across the desk and she began to ask me questions that she was reading from off a sheet of paper. I was answering the questions very well. Before I knew it the interview was over and she said she had someone else to interview and then she will give me a call by the next day.

Telemarketin Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jani-King.

Interview

Easy interview as long as your friendly. Dress nice and make sure you have a great speaking voice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-negotiable for telemarketing

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jani-King (Raleigh, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

Following submitting an application online via Indeed.com, I was contacted by the Regional Sale/Operations Director in just over a week. I was asked to have a 1:1 interview in which the position and compensation were explained. Following a discussion of my experience, I additionally met with a Sales Representative and the HR Director to further guage my competency in engaging prospective clients.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Due to my experience I was able to negotiate a 25% increase above the starting hourly rate.