Janie and Jack Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.5

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Janie and Jack (Roseville, CA).

Interview

Very easy I came in applying and knew I would have the job. I just needed to finish my two weeks at a prior job and I had it. Long interview with DM though.

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Janie and Jack (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

Three part interview. First would be the hiring manager, who you will be working under. Then it would be the District Manager, finally another store manager. If they feel like you were not ready for a position, they'll try to convince you to try for another position at another store before coming to Janie and Jack. After the interviews, paperwork and into the job.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that will make you a vital part of this team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Based on past experience, you can shoot for a higher amount. But there is a limit on how much they can negotiate with you.

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Janie and Jack.

Interview

I applied online and they called me about a week later to schedule for an interview. It was easy, but the interview didn't last long due to not enough questions for me to answer so it was quick. They said they would call me next week but I never got the call.

Interview Questions

• How long will it take you to make a significant contribution?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Janie and Jack in June 2014.

Interview

I completed the application and handed it in the same day. Met with the manager and got a interview date for the next day. The interview went great and was told they would check a reference and call back. They never called back and I went to the mall a week later and found out the manager had left. I will apply again.

Interview Questions

• All they asked was the hours and some other simple questions and they also asked about background and what days I could not work.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Janie and Jack.

Interview

I have a contact with the company. After a few weeks, I received a call from the District Manager for a phone interview. A week later, I met her for a one-on-one. About a week went by and I met with Manager of a sister company, followed by a FOURTH interview with the Store Manager of the location I would be working. I was shocked at the low pay and lack of benefits,etc. However, I took the position since my contact had worked to get me interviewed and I needed work. Basic interview questions and "standard". Nothing difficult.

Interview Questions

• "Our customers expect world-class service. How would you handle a difficult customer who may be a little heated?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I you choose to work here, it will be for little pay, hours on your feet usually working alone in the store. Not much in way of benefits and most Assistant Managers are part-time without benefits. Also, Managers rarely make BONUS because they are usually over in payroll... If you go over more than 1% per week or don't make sales you will not bonus. Also, returns from online sale into the store are against you for that days sales. None of this is discussed.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Janie and Jack (West Palm Beach, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

I was recruited from one of the company's sister brands. The DM and my store manager partnered with me and the Janie and Jack store manager to set up an interview. The interview was schedule with a week. The day after the interview, I got a call back from the DM with an hourly rate offer, which I didn't negotiate. If you can, really try to push for $1 or $2 above what they offer initially, depending on the DM. After I accepted the offer, I started working within one week.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my work history, education, work ethic.   1 Answer

Janie and Jack Sales Lead Interview

Interview

Had two interviews before being hired. being hired was a quick process, only two or three days before I was offered the job and started training. The store atmosphere is nice if you don't want to deal with a lot of customers at one time. will work alone quite often and will ony recieve about 25 hours a week maximum.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions asked were typical interview questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Janie and Jack (Nashua, NH) in November 2013.

Interview

I had gone into the store and asked for an application. After returning the application I received a call to come in for an interview. The interview was very informal. I sat with the manager in the backroom and she asked a few questions and then she told me when my start date would be. The first few weeks of the job was shadowing another sales associate.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the customer wanted a product we did not have in the store?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Janie and Jack (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Very friendly people, the interviewers are not as intimidating as at other places.There is a lot of time in between the first and second interview call, about 3 to 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Not many unexpected questions, but many about customer service.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Janie and Jack.

Interview

I was hired as a sales lead and promoted within 4 mo. they waited until after the hoildays to avoid paying holiday pay. initial interview was with store mgr, a Gymboree mgr and with district mgr, questions were about my previous experiience, how I handle unhappy customers, working alone, multitasking and directing others.

Interview Questions

• What did I bring special or different to the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was none, it was take it or leave it