Janie and Jack Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014
Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.4

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Janie and Jack.

I applied online and they called me about a week later to schedule for an interview. It was easy, but the interview didn't last long due to not enough questions for me to answer so it was quick. They said they would call me next week but I never got the call.

Interview Questions
    • How long will it take you to make a significant contribution?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Janie and Jack in June 2014.

I completed the application and handed it in the same day. Met with the manager and got a interview date for the next day. The interview went great and was told they would check a reference and call back. They never called back and I went to the mall a week later and found out the manager had left. I will apply again.

Interview Questions
    • All they asked was the hours and some other simple questions and they also asked about background and what days I could not work.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Janie and Jack.

I have a contact with the company. After a few weeks, I received a call from the District Manager for a phone interview. A week later, I met her for a one-on-one. About a week went by and I met with Manager of a sister company, followed by a FOURTH interview with the Store Manager of the location I would be working. I was shocked at the low pay and lack of benefits,etc. However, I took the position since my contact had worked to get me interviewed and I needed work. Basic interview questions and "standard". Nothing difficult.

Interview Questions
    • "Our customers expect world-class service. How would you handle a difficult customer who may be a little heated?"   Answer Question
    I you choose to work here, it will be for little pay, hours on your feet usually working alone in the store. Not much in way of benefits and most Assistant Managers are part-time without benefits. Also, Managers rarely make BONUS because they are usually over in payroll... If you go over more than 1% per week or don't make sales you will not bonus. Also, returns from online sale into the store are against you for that days sales. None of this is discussed.

Janie and Jack Sales Lead Interview

Had two interviews before being hired. being hired was a quick process, only two or three days before I was offered the job and started training. The store atmosphere is nice if you don't want to deal with a lot of customers at one time. will work alone quite often and will ony recieve about 25 hours a week maximum.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions asked were typical interview questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Janie and Jack in November 2013.

I had gone into the store and asked for an application. After returning the application I received a call to come in for an interview. The interview was very informal. I sat with the manager in the backroom and she asked a few questions and then she told me when my start date would be. The first few weeks of the job was shadowing another sales associate.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the customer wanted a product we did not have in the store?   View Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Janie and Jack.

Very friendly people, the interviewers are not as intimidating as at other places.There is a lot of time in between the first and second interview call, about 3 to 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Not many unexpected questions, but many about customer service.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Janie and Jack.

I was hired as a sales lead and promoted within 4 mo. they waited until after the hoildays to avoid paying holiday pay. initial interview was with store mgr, a Gymboree mgr and with district mgr, questions were about my previous experiience, how I handle unhappy customers, working alone, multitasking and directing others.

Interview Questions
    • What did I bring special or different to the company?   View Answer
    there was none, it was take it or leave it

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Janie and Jack in June 2012.

I heard back the day after I applied to the position, and I had an interview within a week. It was a very easy and casual interview. They asked about my previous work experience and other general behavioral interview questions. I received an offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were very straight forward. The most difficult question was probably about how I have handled upset customers in the past.   View Answer
    There was not much to negotiate. Due to my schedule, I was able to receive more flexible hours.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Janie and Jack in May 2011.

The interview was very laid back. The woman asking in all the questions was very personable and at times we got off track which made me feel really relaxed. I heard back if I got the job less than a week later. They responded very quickly. It overall was a good interview!

Interview Questions
    • Not any difficult questions. Just your typical ones at every interview-tell me about yourself, what are you most proud of? What do you believe makes a good sales associate? Questions like that were asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Janie and Jack in May 2010.

The interview process was filled with scenarios of what you would do in certain situations: dealing with immoral people, angry customers, co-workers doing something wrong, etc... Also what teamwork means to you, etc.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. It was pretty straight-forward.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.