Janney Montgomery Scott

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Director Interview

Human Resources Director
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott in December 2010.

Interview Details – They were unprepared. "tell me about yourself." They had not read my resume. Were not clear about what the job really was or how it would be measured. They hire fast and turn over faster.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – vacation days. Then they tell you you will probably not take all given. correct. Culture is be there. don't take all vacation time.

Operations Interview

Operations

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott.

Interview Details – The interview process was more behavioral. They will ask about past experiences and how your skills from those roles will fit in the open position.

Interview Question – They will ask to give specific examples of problems and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was very quick

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Equity Research Analyst
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through a connection, and as soon as a position opened up I received an email. I interviewed the next week, and had a great interview. Later, they told me I was not hired as someone internally decided to take on the job. I learned about this about ten days after the interview.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Client Service Associate Interview

Client Service Associate
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott in January 2011.

Interview Details – Several interviews. Fast paced environment. Intelligent management and coworkers.
Slow decision process and long wait period.

Interview Question – No unusual or difficult questions. Down to earth interviewer . Kept it light with humor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. Salary range is set.

Very Easy Interview

Compliance Analyst Interview

Compliance Analyst
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott in August 2013.

Interview Details – Was first contacted by HR who was nice enough. Came in for a face to face with hiring manager, advanced to next round. It's important to note that this was shifted about 2-3 times and then on the day of my first rounds one interviewer had to bow out. Fair enough, things happen. Come in for the next round of interviews and all seems to go well. Called later that week and told about how they now want to interview also some candidates internally and will get back to me. Why would you not interview internally first? I get it that companies feed job seekers a line or two but when they are adamant that "we don't operate like that, we will definitely tell you one way or the other" and then never call you again, it's not the best look. I think Janney is a great company but the group clearly had no idea where they wanted to go with the role so I'm glad I accepted a different offer.

Interview Question – N/A - All the normal behavioral questions   Answer Question

Windows Engineer Interview

Windows Engineer
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott in June 2012.

Interview Details – Had a 25 minute telephone interview initially with HR who asked me to summarize my career history and ask some general soft skill questions. They then organised for the Hiring Manager to contact me with some technical questions and this lasted for approx. 30 minutes.
Next stage would have been face to face interview however I received an email 8 days after the technical interview to say my application was unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you overcome their issue.   Answer Question
  • What's the difference between a pst and ost file?   Answer Question
  • How would you find out which programs are running at start up on a Windows XP machine?   Answer Question
  • How would you find what group policies are being applied to a PC?   Answer Question
  • Troubleshooting steps when faced with a Blackberry where an appointment isn't synching.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Operations Associate
Philadelphia, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott in August 2009.

Interview Details – Gave you an overview of the firm and how the business works. You meet with numerous managers and get a good feel for the attitude of the workplace.

Interview Question – Past experience with issues and how you dealt with them   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott in November 2009.

Interview Details – Mostly behavior questions and asking why you would be a good fit for the company. A few technical investment questions, nothing overly difficult.

Interview Question – How many other people do you think are interviewing for this position?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott.

Interview Details – Referred by a friend about a possible internship. Was very friendly phone interview that was not difficult. More of an explanation about what the job entailed and what to expect from it.

Interview Question – What do you expect to get out of this internship.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Intern Interview

Investment Banking Analyst Intern

Interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott

Interview Details – Got interview through campus recruiting. I had two rounds of interviews: one with a VP and one with two analysts. Pretty standard interview. The VP asked me what I hoped to get out of my internship. Not many technical questions, more fit.

Interview Question – What do you know about Janney?   Answer Question

Worked for Janney Montgomery Scott? Contribute to the Community!