Janssen-Cilag

Interviews for Top Jobs at Janssen-Cilag

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Janssen-Cilag in October 2012.

3 interviews. 1 with HR manager (on-campus), 1 with HR Manager (phone) and 1 with (national sales manager).
    Questions mainly behavioral:
    - Walk me throught your resume
    - How did you manage to convince the other managers (my peers)?
    - Tell me a situation you have to deal with a unproductive team member. What did you do?
    - Tell me a situation in which you have to fire a team member.
    - What are you strengths?
    - What was the most significant piece of feedback you ever received?

Interview Questions
    • - How would you use the Credo as competitive advantage?   View Answer

Scientist Process Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaffhausen (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaffhausen (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Janssen-Cilag in June 2014.

- Applied through website after a referral (CV, cover letter, certificates)
    - First reply by e-mail 1 month later, saying the process might take 2 or 3 more weeks
    - Actually got a phone call few days after that notification in order to set an on-site interview
    - After several e-mails and phone calls, eventually got a fixed date for the interview 5 weeks after initial application
    - Arrived on-site around noon and started with a presentation about my previous work (30 min presentation + 30 min questions)
    - Moved to a smaller room for more technical questions with 3 scientists (1 h)
    - Spent 30 min with hiring manager to visit and discover what the job would be like
    - Had the standard behavioural interview with the HR representative (1.5 h)
    - Got the final call 3 weeks after the interview (did not get the job)

The overall process was not very well organised. It seemed that people had difficulties within the company to cooperate and find an agreement as to how the interview should proceed. The HR representatives I talked to were not especially prepared, which denoted a lack of professionalism. The atmosphere and the feeling I had when I arrived on-site was that people were clearly grumpy, and kindness did not seem their first preoccupation, especially when one does not speak the site's language. The presentation went fine but people seemed disinterested at best, completely bored or sleeping at worst. Follow-up questions were rather easy but confirmed my initial feeling that it was not really of their interest, as if the meeting was just bothering their routine. The technical part of the interview was pretty basic. They tried to push me to find out if I had what it takes, but the interviewers did not really make me feel at ease throughout the process, and there were several awkward moments. At that stage of the interview, I knew already that they would not give me the job, and that I would not take it anyways. Thus, the behavioural interview was relaxed for me and I could practise and play the game. Although it was a pleasant conversation, I still had the feeling the HR representative was not prepared. This person had obviously not read my CV or cover letter but her questions were no surprise to me.

To summarise, it was an interesting experience that helped me realise this place was nowhere near the dream work place. I was nearly happy that they turned me down in the end... The last phone call I received was very broad and the HR representative was unable to provide me with a decent, structured feedback. This was enough for me!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Technical questions were normal but I was unprepared.   Answer Question

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Janssen-Cilag in June 2012.

The interview was very pleasant, no stress at all may be excluding evel stare from Chief Accountant (who appeared to be very pleasant person). I was asked about usual HR staff like experience in big university progects, team work and team organizing. I was asked some general accounting questions like how to book depriciation, how often it is done, how to book sales/purchase invoice, what are reserves, fixed assets and other relatively obvious questions. I was also asked about my SAP experience. Generaly the main aspect was accounting knowledge and not beeing a sociopatic maniac :)

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you managed to organize a team and to acheave your goal (must be a success)   Answer Question
    There was none, pay is fixed for this position