Janssen

2.8

Contracts Amd Grants Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Remote, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Janssen in January 2014.

Took 2 months, 3 rounds of interviews. Interviewers appreciated honesty, candor and specific experience examples. For example I accepted a remote position and when asked what was attractive about the position I was honest in answering the flexibility to live anywhere. Since this was important to me it seemed necessary to voice and was well received.

Interview Questions
    • General questions- especially about working with teams and why I wanted this specific job. Also why I wanted to leave where I was asked point blank.   Answer Question
    I was offered my first salary request.

R&D Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Janssen in February 2014.

This was an on campus interview that lasted about 45 minutes. The interview was pretty easy going. She actually started by inquiring about the questions I had for her first. From there we chatted and she was able to narrow down the questions she had for me.

Interview Questions
    • not too bad and was expected but asked about a challenging experience/ time of failure   Answer Question

Cardiology Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Janssen in April 2013.

Interveiw with 3 Managers, 3rd Phase (after an initial phone screen by an internal recruiter, face to face with the manager)

Interview Questions
    • Describe for me a time when you exemplified personal courage.   View Answer

I did not like the manager

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Janssen in October 2010.

Janssen seems to be a well established company, with a lot of support and muscle from Johnson and Johnson. However, it also seems completely bureacratic and the people that work there freely admit it. I went in after a phone screen and interviewed in person at least 3 times with different people because of schedule conflicts, etc. They don't seem to be well organized and considerate of the time and schedules of outsiders who want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with difficult people or situations? Give examples.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yoursellf in 5 years? In 10 years? Are you interested in managing others?   Answer Question

Some of the people were incredily rude and didn't attempt to speak professionally or give a good first impression. It was completely off-putting.

Finance Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Queluz de Baixo (Portugal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queluz de Baixo (Portugal)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Janssen in May 2014.

The first stage is an interview at an outsourced HR firm. The second stage is a full day assessment center with group exercises, role play, personality testes, an individual business case analysis and another interview at Janssen. The third stage is another round of interviews with the CFO and the HR Director (both together or separate).

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to show knowledge about the pharmaceutical industry.   Answer Question

Quality Release Compliance Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Janssen.

Only got to the first interview (not sure if there were more). Talked with two members of the quality team inside the incredibly nice Janssen (J&J?) headquarters . Interview was about 45 minutes long. Had a bad experience with HR, their communication level was lacking (I had to call/email multiple times to receive the proper interview information and location).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. One of the "negative" questions was asking what my least favourite course was and explaining why.   Answer Question

Market Access and Health Economics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Janssen in September 2012.

The whole proccess took me 2 months and a half with something like 11 different interviews which reflects the complecixity of the structure and somehow how the decisipn making proccess in the company is also not simple

Interview Questions
    • There were a difference between the conversation with the talent aquisition manager and the final package offered to me what was a very desappointing situation because I did the communication that I was living the last company before signing up the contract.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate nothing. I only got the job because it was a great opportunity for getting higher respinsability and more challenging job.

Customer Service Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Janssen in May 2009.

The Group interview was long, lasting nearly 5 hours. First You were asked to present yourself via a drawing then you were asked to write a composition in Portuguese and on the last part you were asked to work in a group to prepare a marketing campaign for a fictitious company to attract an investor.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really ask you any questions directly because it was a group interview but the interviewer did ask everyone to talk about their personal goals and objectives.   View Answer

Worked for Janssen? Contribute to the Community!