Janus Capital

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Janus Capital.

Very thorough process, starting with HR interview over the phone and multiple days of follow up interviews specific to the role with multiple business partners. A comprehensive, but not overly difficult process.

Interview Questions
    • Not really a question as much as the different business functions and roles of the people I interviewed with, very thorough.   Answer Question

Trade Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Janus Capital.

Preliminary call from HR that was a screen. Basic fit and personality questions. 2nd call was with the hiring manger and was also basic fit questions (walk me through your resume).Whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle people with a short temper?
      How much do you know about fixed income valuation?

View Answer

Internal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Janus Capital.

It was a long process that took approximately 4 weeks and 4 interviews to complete. Overkill for the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to present a fixed income story for 5-10 minutes to management   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.. You take the salary and territory the offer you or you dont work there.

Investment Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Janus Capital.

Small talk didn't even want to see if I was qualified for the job

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Janus Capital in February 2013.

One panel interview

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Janus outside of normal business operations?   Answer Question

Received a full-time offer elsewhere.

Corporate Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Janus Capital.

Interviewed by six people in total, but separated into 3, 2-person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They asked very detailed math questions that could really only be answered with a calculator...but wanted to see the logic in setting up the problem.   Answer Question

Finance Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Janus Capital in April 2012.

Three different interviews one after another. Very basic questions about myself and my skills. Interviewed with entire team that I would be working with, HR is very friendly.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Janus Capital in February 2012.

Had four phone interviews and one project to complete.
    Many questions are related to my previous working experience. Technical questions includes how to do a DCF in a blank sheet.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Janus Capital in October 2011.

Everything about this process went smoothly. The whole thing was pretty standard. Initial conversation with the recruiter, who was an absolute joy to work with. Another interview with the hiring manager, which was a little more technical in nature. A third interview with the Director, for final approval.

Interview Questions
    • For me, the most difficult question had nothing to do with the position, but more of why I would choose to leave a good opportunity for a new company.   Answer Question

I really enjoyed everyone I talked to at the company, and the culture there. However, in the end, we were too far about on salary.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Janus Capital in August 2011.

Required two interviews (one on one, then with two fellow staff). Friendly and pleasant company to interview with. There was a hiccup with both interviews - the first was my fault, my GPS kept taking me another way so I had to call their HR lady for directions, she was very understanding and accommodating, especially when I turned up 10 minutes late as a result (big oops). The second interview, same HR lady forgot to put me in their calendar after I confirmed via email, so when I showed up, I was told that it wasn't scheduled and may have to come back. However she felt badly and did her best to correct the error and squeezed me in about 10 minutes later. All lovely staff to interview with, sadly didn't get the job. Hopefully I'll get another crack at it one day.