Janus Capital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internal Sales Consultant Interview

Internal Sales Consultant
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Janus Capital.

Interview Details – It was a long process that took approximately 4 weeks and 4 interviews to complete. Overkill for the job you are applying for.

Interview Question – Asked to present a fixed income story for 5-10 minutes to management   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.. You take the salary and territory the offer you or you dont work there.

Very Easy Interview

Investment Accountant Interview

Investment Accountant
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Janus Capital.

Interview Details – Small talk didn't even want to see if I was qualified for the job

Intern Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Janus Capital in February 2013.

Interview Details – One panel interview

Interview Question – What do you know about Janus outside of normal business operations?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received a full-time offer elsewhere.

Corporate Finance Intern Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Janus Capital.

Interview Details – Interviewed by six people in total, but separated into 3, 2-person interviews.

Interview Question – They asked very detailed math questions that could really only be answered with a calculator...but wanted to see the logic in setting up the problem.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Denver, CO

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Janus Capital in October 2011.

Interview Details – Everything about this process went smoothly. The whole thing was pretty standard. Initial conversation with the recruiter, who was an absolute joy to work with. Another interview with the hiring manager, which was a little more technical in nature. A third interview with the Director, for final approval.

Interview Question – For me, the most difficult question had nothing to do with the position, but more of why I would choose to leave a good opportunity for a new company.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I really enjoyed everyone I talked to at the company, and the culture there. However, in the end, we were too far about on salary.

Finance Internship Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Janus Capital in April 2012.

Interview Details – Three different interviews one after another. Very basic questions about myself and my skills. Interviewed with entire team that I would be working with, HR is very friendly.

Interview Question – What's 16 times 4?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Janus Capital in February 2012.

Interview Details – Had four phone interviews and one project to complete.
Many questions are related to my previous working experience. Technical questions includes how to do a DCF in a blank sheet.

Interview Question – Tell me how to do a DCF in a blank spread sheet?   Answer Question

Risk Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Janus Capital in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was as expected; interviewed with several people from my immediate team, each of them asking questions of different focus. All interviews were setup for a single date, and there were no surprises. A writing sample was requested based on the hiring manager's specific request. In total, I sat through 5 interviews, beginning with the recruiter and continuing with 4 members of the team. Although I asked about the corporate culture during these interviews, I believe that is one area I would have pushed into further with more questions if I did it again. Although the responses were honest, they were also brief, and did not provide much of the color that I would have liked to have known at that time. Knowing the skills and latest topics specific to the position being hired for was one key to success, as well as responding candidly and professionally to the questions and concerns that the interviewers raised.

Interview Question – The question was raised about my technical aptitude around SAP, and despite an overall understanding of the system, I don't have specific SAP experience. The question was posed by the Chief InfoSec Officer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Because of the timing of the interviews in relation to the market events of 2008 - 2010, there was not a lot of hiring going on, nor much room for negotiation. An effort was made on several fronts with no success.

Graphic Designer Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Janus Capital in August 2011.

Interview Details – Required two interviews (one on one, then with two fellow staff). Friendly and pleasant company to interview with. There was a hiccup with both interviews - the first was my fault, my GPS kept taking me another way so I had to call their HR lady for directions, she was very understanding and accommodating, especially when I turned up 10 minutes late as a result (big oops). The second interview, same HR lady forgot to put me in their calendar after I confirmed via email, so when I showed up, I was told that it wasn't scheduled and may have to come back. However she felt badly and did her best to correct the error and squeezed me in about 10 minutes later. All lovely staff to interview with, sadly didn't get the job. Hopefully I'll get another crack at it one day.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Internal Wholesaler
Denver, CO

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Janus Capital in November 2010.

Interview Details – The work environment was casual but professional. I first had an interview with two managers that lasted about an hour. Then we moved to a conference room where there was a presentation (roll play) with about 8 Janus colleagues. Everyone was very nice before, during, and after the interviews.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Janus Capital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Janus Capital interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Janus Capital employees and interview candidates.