Japan Tobacco International Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.9

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

After finishing document process, I got a interview offer. And it was the first reound interivew, and face-to-Face interview. Interviewers are a Direct report line manager and a HR Manager. It was not so difficult, but very friendly.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why did you apply for this job?
      2. Why did you apply for JTI?
      3. Tell me about your experience.
      4. Any Questions?
      5. Why do we hire you?

Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Teaneck, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

It was an standard interview process with HR Manager then with the Hire Manager and then they sent the offer. They provided with a very comprehensive description of the position.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Japan Tobacco International.

Interview

Connaissances liées au rôle. Ils recherchent des personnes qui ont une variété de points forts et de passions, et pas seulement des ensembles de compétences isolées. Ils doivent également s'assurer que le candidat a l'expérience et la formation nécessaires pour réussir dans son rôle.
    Mode de raisonnement. Ils sont moins intéressés par les notes et le dossier de scolarité que par la façon dont le candidat raisonne.

Interview Questions

• Parlez-moi de vous.
      Qu’avez-vous fait depuis votre dernier emploi ?
      Quel poste aimeriez-vous occuper dans 5 ans ?
      Quel est votre niveau d’anglais ?
      Quelles sont vos prétentions salariales ?
      Avez-vous des questions à me poser ?

Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Seoul (South Korea)) in December 2014.

Interview

Firstly, there is online application for the resume screening. Secondly, there is online test for personal fit. And, there is also an interview. Interview comes in both Korean, and English.

Interview Questions

Application

interviewed at Japan Tobacco International in April 2014.

Interview

I just went to the first round, which was with the manager and team leader. The questions were quite standard behavior questions and nothing special. ppl are nice, and the workload seems not heavy. but I'm just graduate without any experience in financial controlling, while they were looking for ppl with 2-3 years experience so I did not get the next round.

Relationship Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Milan (Italy)).

Interview

1:1 intervirview. Questions: reporting tools utilezed in my previous job/able to utilize/ describe your resume and professional career/ my previous salary/ what does reporting means to me/ why JP/

Interview Questions

• the recruiter tested my patience and self-controll spending time while i was talking looking at the smartphone-typical american hr tactic   Answer Question

Internal Communication Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Geneva (Switzerland)) in November 2012.

Interview

the add was published by a recruiting agency, so I first had an interview with them. Then a face to face interview with a HR specialist at JTI and 2 of my future managers. Finally, I had a last interview with the Communication VP and 3 directors of the department. It was a long process but everyone was really friendly.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any problem working for the tobacco industry ?   1 Answer

Assistant General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in February 2012.

Interview

The entire interview process happened by Video conference. I was interviewed by 4 people on 4 different occasions. I realised afterwards that I had been selected internally, and that no other candidates had been interviewed. In other words, my appointment was a done deal, and as a result I did not interrogate the requirements pertaining to the position as carefully as I should have.

Interview Questions

• My request to be brought up to speed before leaving for Switzerland was answered by a "just come". Make sure you use the time before the job starts to familiarize yourself as a much as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but should have. Pay scales in the company are not as standardised as I had assumed.

DTP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dumaguete (Philippines)

Application

interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Dumaguete (Philippines)) in August 2011.

Interview

Exam on the computer, then a sit-down interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, entry rate is the same across the board.

Teritory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Bucharest (Romania)) in June 2011.

Interview

Initial interview with the direct manager, second interview with HR representant and direct manager an finaly assesment with an extern recruiting company. The interview is about your psihological profile, they are testing your abilities and skills in the assesement. The assesment contains 5 tests, cpntaining each a prepairing period and a roll play. It is stressfull but it shows the reality about you and can give you a lot of guidelines for the future.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were flexible for negociating the basic salary!