Japan Tobacco Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Teaneck, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Japan Tobacco in February 2011.

Contacted by external recruiting agency and was first screened. The next step included answering a set of questions and having my case presented to the company to get an interview. Third step included preparing a 30 min case presentation on a company brand followed by 2-3 1:1 interviews. 2nd round to be determined, but overall a long and arduous interview process.

Financial Controller Interview

interviewed at Japan Tobacco in April 2014.

I just went to the first round, which was with the manager and team leader. The questions were quite standard behavior questions and nothing special. ppl are nice, and the workload seems not heavy. but I'm just graduate without any experience in financial controlling, while they were looking for ppl with 2-3 years experience so I did not get the next round.

Internal Communication Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Geneva (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Japan Tobacco in November 2012.

the add was published by a recruiting agency, so I first had an interview with them. Then a face to face interview with a HR specialist at JTI and 2 of my future managers. Finally, I had a last interview with the Communication VP and 3 directors of the department. It was a long process but everyone was really friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any problem working for the tobacco industry ?   Answer Question

Relationship Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Japan Tobacco.

1:1 intervirview. Questions: reporting tools utilezed in my previous job/able to utilize/ describe your resume and professional career/ my previous salary/ what does reporting means to me/ why JP/

Interview Questions
    • the recruiter tested my patience and self-controll spending time while i was talking looking at the smartphone-typical american hr tactic   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ballymena, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballymena, Northern Ireland (UK)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Japan Tobacco in October 2009.

Application form, IQ test (numbering/english composition), drugs/medical test, interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Fixed salary.

DTP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dumaguete (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dumaguete (Philippines)

interviewed at Japan Tobacco in August 2011.

Exam on the computer, then a sit-down interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, entry rate is the same across the board.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Japan Tobacco in January 2009.

Talked to Recruiter and they set up interview with HR and Manager. Listened to how well I talked and communicated. Week later set up interview with VP. Good office location, friendly people.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem working at a Tobacco company?   View Answer
    • How would you handle heavy workloads?   View Answer
    Went back and forth a few times to get clarification on some issues.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tirana (Albania)
    Anonymous Employee in Tirana (Albania)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Japan Tobacco in December 2009.

I was approached by a Recruitment Agency, who then sent my Resume to the employer, and then together we had a telephone interview, mainly general matters of the roles and responsibilities, and expectations from the company from my side.
    Second interview was held with a panel of 2 managers, where we had a more in depth conversation of the achievements and the my roles and responsibilities, as well as a description of what the company expects from me.
    The third interview was with the general manager for the region, and we once again went into many details of how I handled difficult situations, ways I showed proactive , am I a self starter, and different other scenarios.
    My disadvantage was that I had no prior experience in the tobacco industry, and I believe that was the main reason that I was not offered a position.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ufa, Chelyabinskaya Oblast' (Russia)
    Anonymous Employee in Ufa, Chelyabinskaya Oblast' (Russia)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Japan Tobacco in July 2010.

They were very interested in why I wanted to work for the company. They asked me about other jobs that I have applied to. The majority of questions were behavioural questions. They were very interested in how I would respond in different situations as well. Also I was asked about my leadership experience and wanted to know how well I worked with other people in stressful situations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about any situation at your previous work that you think enabled you to act as a leader?   Answer Question

Worked for Japan Tobacco? Contribute to the Community!