Japan Tobacco Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015

3.1

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Japan Tobacco (Seoul (South Korea)) in December 2014.

Interview

Firstly, there is online application for the resume screening. Secondly, there is online test for personal fit. And, there is also an interview. Interview comes in both Korean, and English.

Interview Questions

Application

interviewed at Japan Tobacco in April 2014.

Interview

I just went to the first round, which was with the manager and team leader. The questions were quite standard behavior questions and nothing special. ppl are nice, and the workload seems not heavy. but I'm just graduate without any experience in financial controlling, while they were looking for ppl with 2-3 years experience so I did not get the next round.

Relationship Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Japan Tobacco (Milan (Italy)).

Interview

1:1 intervirview. Questions: reporting tools utilezed in my previous job/able to utilize/ describe your resume and professional career/ my previous salary/ what does reporting means to me/ why JP/

Interview Questions

• the recruiter tested my patience and self-controll spending time while i was talking looking at the smartphone-typical american hr tactic   Answer Question

Internal Communication Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Japan Tobacco (Geneva (Switzerland)) in November 2012.

Interview

the add was published by a recruiting agency, so I first had an interview with them. Then a face to face interview with a HR specialist at JTI and 2 of my future managers. Finally, I had a last interview with the Communication VP and 3 directors of the department. It was a long process but everyone was really friendly.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any problem working for the tobacco industry ?   Answer Question

DTP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dumaguete (Philippines)

Application

interviewed at Japan Tobacco (Dumaguete (Philippines)) in August 2011.

Interview

Exam on the computer, then a sit-down interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, entry rate is the same across the board.

Teritory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Japan Tobacco (Bucharest (Romania)) in June 2011.

Interview

Initial interview with the direct manager, second interview with HR representant and direct manager an finaly assesment with an extern recruiting company. The interview is about your psihological profile, they are testing your abilities and skills in the assesement. The assesment contains 5 tests, cpntaining each a prepairing period and a roll play. It is stressfull but it shows the reality about you and can give you a lot of guidelines for the future.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were flexible for negociating the basic salary!

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ufa, Chelyabinskaya Oblast' (Russia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Japan Tobacco (Ufa, Chelyabinskaya Oblast' (Russia)) in July 2010.

Interview

They were very interested in why I wanted to work for the company. They asked me about other jobs that I have applied to. The majority of questions were behavioural questions. They were very interested in how I would respond in different situations as well. Also I was asked about my leadership experience and wanted to know how well I worked with other people in stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about any situation at your previous work that you think enabled you to act as a leader?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tirana (Albania)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Japan Tobacco (Tirana (Albania)) in December 2009.

Interview

I was approached by a Recruitment Agency, who then sent my Resume to the employer, and then together we had a telephone interview, mainly general matters of the roles and responsibilities, and expectations from the company from my side.
    Second interview was held with a panel of 2 managers, where we had a more in depth conversation of the achievements and the my roles and responsibilities, as well as a description of what the company expects from me.
    The third interview was with the general manager for the region, and we once again went into many details of how I handled difficult situations, ways I showed proactive , am I a self starter, and different other scenarios.
    My disadvantage was that I had no prior experience in the tobacco industry, and I believe that was the main reason that I was not offered a position.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballymena, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Japan Tobacco (Ballymena, Northern Ireland (UK)) in October 2009.

Interview

Application form, IQ test (numbering/english composition), drugs/medical test, interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Fixed salary.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Japan Tobacco (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2009.

Interview

Talked to Recruiter and they set up interview with HR and Manager. Listened to how well I talked and communicated. Week later set up interview with VP. Good office location, friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem working at a Tobacco company?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle heavy workloads?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Went back and forth a few times to get clarification on some issues.