Jarden Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.5

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jarden (Aurora, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Fast relaxed atmosphere. Very insightful answers from the employer. Gave a realistic view of needs wants and requirements. Very engaged and to the point. Nothing was left as questionable.

Interview Questions

• What was your last job's typical day consist of? What are your Strengths and weakness? Do you feel comfortable with problem solving on your own?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jarden (Annapolis, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called by the regional manager to come for an interview. We scheduled a meeting for the next day, I met in the store with the regional manager, we then met in the mall seating area. The questions were pretty standard retail manager questions. She asked if I had any questions, and we chatted about our families.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an employee not responding to traditional training?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jarden (Fishers, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Participated in a phone screen and two on-site interviews at the new building in Fishers, IN. After the second interview, I never heard back on the status of the role even though I tried to follow up several times. I find this extremely unprofessional on the part of the Human Resource Department.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were around background and experience. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Lead Master Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cloquet, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jarden (Cloquet, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview went very well. I felt very comfortable during the process. I am excited to start in one week! The 3 interviewers made me feel very welcome before and during the one week hiring process. They also respected my current employer by allowing me to give a 2 1/2 week notice.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over the other candidates competing for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very friendly.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daleville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jarden (Daleville, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was straight forward, pretty much what you would expect. I applied online and was contacted to set up a phone screening. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. The next steps in the process included interviews with multiple Brand Managers and a few members of the senior leadership team. The entire process did take quite a while, from the initial application to the end of the process was over a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• What was the last class you took or book you read that you could apply to this position and how would you use that information?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Jarden in December 2013.

Interview

Referred by Recruiter, Phone Screening, Hiring Manager, On-Site Interview. Communicated well what the next step would be. Approximately met their deadlines for follow-up. Screening interview was particularly well organized and executed. Interviews overall were targeted and appropriate. The on-site interview, to my surprise, was the least organized. First surprise was the length, only 5 hours (including an off-site interview) for a "cross-country" invitation. First interview was substituted at the last minute. One interviewer needed my resume to provide an introduction. The remaining three interviews were well executed and showed preparation. Although clearly the top candidate from some viewpoints, they were concerned and probed at ability to work in a new technology field.

Interview Questions

• As you do not have direct experience with our technology, does that instill a fear in you?   1 Answer

Global Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jarden (Aurora, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about a possible position open at Jarden Security. I was given info about the company and the people that I would be interviewing with in advance, but not very useful. I met with 3 people and after 5 minutes with the first person, I knew that I didn't want the job. They are in the process of mass changes. They don't have a MRP system, they are using an old AS400 system. They said that they might go on SAP or Oracle in the next 18 months. The two managers that I talked to had nothing nice to say with their system. Saying that it might take 4 hours to get a PO in the system. Both managers talked a lot about the culture. Talked about how the culture is very old fashion and that if people weren't going to change then they wouldn't be there very long. Matter in fact, I was told that a person who would be reporting to this roll "won't make it until Christmas." It sounds like a lot people don't know what "Ctrl+C; Ctrl+V" mean. A lot of people have the mentality of "this is how I have always done it...."

Interview Questions

• A lot of "why would you be good in this position", "Why are you looking for a new opportunity" "Why do you think you would be a good fit" "what do you see being the biggest challenge coming in"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jarden (Aurora, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I was called in for interview The interview was 2.5 hours. I was called 2 days later and offered position. 90 day probation period and was brought on in a permanent position.

Interview Questions

• Have I had experience with customers with a high escalation? And will I be able to handle such calls?   1 Answer

International Branding Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jarden (Miami, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

The best way to answer questions is to be honest and direct. I did not over exaggerate my skills and when I was asked about something I did not know how to do, I told them that I do not know how, but you are willing to learn. I met with the HR representative and received the job offer the same day.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of how you how you stood your ground in a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a set rate for graduate students

Senior In-house Litigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jarden (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Interviewer was very self absorbed and was far more than interested in discussing his personal career objectives than in describing the position or in asking questions. He did not really ask questions or allow any opportunity to speak. It was a very one sided and slightly bizarre process that largely wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• He focused on whether or not I had used "unknown" law firms in my prior positions. This was a rather bizarre line of quesioning.   1 Answer