Jarden Interview Questions

2.3

Demand Analyst - Rawlings Sporting Goods - St Louis MO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Jarden.

Applied online, had to wait two month before hearing back from HR. Phone interview was very easy, pretty much got the one on one right away. In person interview was very easy. Met with two managers. First focused on job function and my background, second focused on long term goal and personality fit. Received an extended offer after 3 weeks of wait. HR is very slow to process. Not on top of things.

Interview Questions
    • None. Mostly based on background and resume.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Jarden in December 2013.

Referred by Recruiter, Phone Screening, Hiring Manager, On-Site Interview. Communicated well what the next step would be. Approximately met their deadlines for follow-up. Screening interview was particularly well organized and executed. Interviews overall were targeted and appropriate. The on-site interview, to my surprise, was the least organized. First surprise was the length, only 5 hours (including an off-site interview) for a "cross-country" invitation. First interview was substituted at the last minute. One interviewer needed my resume to provide an introduction. The remaining three interviews were well executed and showed preparation. Although clearly the top candidate from some viewpoints, they were concerned and probed at ability to work in a new technology field.

Interview Questions
    • As you do not have direct experience with our technology, does that instill a fear in you?   View Answer

Global Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Jarden in November 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter about a possible position open at Jarden Security. I was given info about the company and the people that I would be interviewing with in advance, but not very useful. I met with 3 people and after 5 minutes with the first person, I knew that I didn't want the job. They are in the process of mass changes. They don't have a MRP system, they are using an old AS400 system. They said that they might go on SAP or Oracle in the next 18 months. The two managers that I talked to had nothing nice to say with their system. Saying that it might take 4 hours to get a PO in the system.

Both managers talked a lot about the culture. Talked about how the culture is very old fashion and that if people weren't going to change then they wouldn't be there very long. Matter in fact, I was told that a person who would be reporting to this roll "won't make it until Christmas." It sounds like a lot people don't know what "Ctrl+C; Ctrl+V" mean. A lot of people have the mentality of "this is how I have always done it...."

Interview Questions
    • A lot of "why would you be good in this position", "Why are you looking for a new opportunity" "Why do you think you would be a good fit" "what do you see being the biggest challenge coming in"   Answer Question

International Branding Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jarden in June 2011.

The best way to answer questions is to be honest and direct. I did not over exaggerate my skills and when I was asked about something I did not know how to do, I told them that I do not know how, but you are willing to learn. I met with the HR representative and received the job offer the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of how you how you stood your ground in a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    There is a set rate for graduate students

Senior In-house Litigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Jarden in October 2010.

Interviewer was very self absorbed and was far more than interested in discussing his personal career objectives than in describing the position or in asking questions. He did not really ask questions or allow any opportunity to speak. It was a very one sided and slightly bizarre process that largely wasted my time.

Interview Questions
    • He focused on whether or not I had used "unknown" law firms in my prior positions. This was a rather bizarre line of quesioning.   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied in person at their office and submitted my resume to HR. Got a call back 2 weeks later for an in person interview. Met with Supply Chain Director, asked behavioral questions mostly. After interview, I was booked for a second interview with the Demand Managers, asked basic statistics questions. Got the offer over phone.

Quality Assurance Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Jarden in May 2012.

Phone interview, then four hour/four person interview (not high stress), then a lunch interview with specific team. Very nice, intelligent people.

Interview Questions
    Straight forward but HR is slow. Didn't tell me to start work until the Friday beforehand. Had the weekend to prepare.

Worked for Jarden? Contribute to the Community!