Jared Galleria of Jewelry Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry.

Interview was quick and seamless. Had to pass an assessment test. Which if you have any common sense when it comes to retail and retail policies you should pass without problem.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you knew your manager was stealing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry in January 2014.

I applied online, and the manager called me the next week for an interview. I had three interviews in all: one w the GM, one w the assistant manager, and one more w the GM when he asked more questions and made me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in your life when you failed at something important.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They use a computer program to determine pay rate (this is after being sued a few years ago for gender bias in pay), so you either accept the offer or don't.

Jewelry Repair Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newington, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newington, NH

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry in June 2013.

They ask you about your sales past and may ask you to roleplay sales pitches you've done before

Perimeter Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry in April 2013.

LONG interview process. Took 6 months to get the job. 5 interviews and ridiculous amounts of follow up phone calls and thank you cards...

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you accidentally damaged someones 10,000 diamond ring?   Answer Question
    NONE... They put your management experience and schooling and past sales experience into a computer and it decided your pay rate... No negotiating accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry in April 2013.

Have a basic knowledge of retail and a passion for sales. Jared believes in a strong team environment. Jared is looking for individuals who are willing to learn the Jared selling system. Jared has developed strong selling system that works well and are looking for people who can follow the system.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to share stories of handling difficult customers. They want to see strong sales epode that can work well with others.   Answer Question
    They plug in work experience into an algorithm that calculates a competitive hourly wage.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry.

I applied online to a general job posting for the store near me. I received a call from the store's General Manager about a week later and scheduled an interview right away. I first met with the general manager and then with each of the department managers and assistant general manager.

They were mostly interested in my willingness to be "Jaredized" and to change my style to fit theirs.

They were interested in whether or not I was planning to grow with the company because they are really looking for people who want to become managers.

Interview Questions
    • Come prepared to discuss actual numbers of your sales in the past.   Answer Question
    there was no chance to negotiate. your salary is decided based on a computer algorithm that decides how much you are worth based on your experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry in March 2012.

Online application and two interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry in July 2009.

I first interviewed with Asst. General Manager who was a likeable person who made me want to work for the company. She told me she thought I would be a great fit with the company and that she was sure the General Manager would like me as much as she did. I then interviewed with the General Manager who hired me on the spot, pending necessary background tests, etc. The salary was considerably lower than I had ben paid at the job I previously had, and the commission rates were also considerably lower. But I decided to give it a chance. I started work within a week.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked regarding my overall knowlege and education about diamonds and colored stones.   Answer Question
    I told the GM the pay was not acceptable and we negotiated back and forth until I told him I would call him the following day with my answer.. It took 3 .5 hours and he told me he was frustrated because he was accustomed to interviewees accepting almost immediately, but that it showed my skills as a sales person. Towards the end, he hit the table with his fist and asked me, "are you going to work for me or not?" He pretended he was joking but I think he was serious. We ended the interview with my telling him I would give him a response the following day. I called him the following day and told him I accepted his offer. He semed pleased.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry.

Fill out an in person application. The management will follow-up if deemed suitable for the applied position. There is a 100+ questionaire for skills assessment. If passed, a final interview will be conducted.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry in June 2011.

Typical job fair interview. You move up the rank of the store ending up interviewing with store manager if you do well 3 mini interviews without hearing, "we'll call you"

Interview Questions
    • where do you see yourself with this company in 5 years   Answer Question

Worked for Jared Galleria of Jewelry? Contribute to the Community!