Jared Galleria of Jewelry Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.6

Repair Clerical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Wonderful. Both the regional manager and the shop manager made me feel welcomed and although it was professional it was also casual. They had questions prepared but also allowed me to ask mine intertwined with theirs and it therefore created an amicable dialogue versus a colder Question and Answer format.

Interview Questions

• Describe the procedures you would follow to do a QC on a ring?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Very inDepth on line application process. Called for interview one week later. On interview the manager was very rude and did not even shake my hand. Asked questions with her head down reading from a script, did not even look at me, very impersonable for a manager. After questions, she said the position was totally different than what was advertised. The position was not set hours and/or on call during busy seasons only. The advertisement said part time or full time.

Interview Questions

• What if no matter how hard you tried you still could not reach your sales goals. What would you do?   Answer Question

The job position offered was not the position I applied for. The job was suppose to be permanent part or full time with benefits and the job offered was for seasonal/temporary.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry in October 2014.

Interview

Very nice manager, looking for a lot of energy and personality, big on credit sales, asked a lot about prior work experience, no off the wall questions, nice atmosphere, didn't take forever

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy negotiation.... Not very flexible though

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry.

Interview

Interview was quick and seamless. Had to pass an assessment test. Which if you have any common sense when it comes to retail and retail policies you should pass without problem.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you knew your manager was stealing?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry in July 2014.

Interview

I received the interview call out of the blue, about a month after submitting my application, having written it off as a failure due to my complete lack of experience with both sales and jewelry. I spoke first with the assistant manager, both over the phone and the interview. My first interview, I was in and out in about 10 minutes. He asked me about whether I was seeking full or part time, what scheduling conflicts there would be come start of the fall semester since I'm a student, and then asked me to clarify my answers to two questions from my application. Once that was done, he said he'd be in touch about scheduling an appointment with the General Manager within a week. I heard back a week later, was called in for an interview the next day with the GM. She sat with me for much longer, asked the same questions the Assistant Manager did to reaffirm my answers, and began explaining the company, the work environment, and the expectations. It was clear from the beginning that most of the hiring process is done through the extensive online application, and the two interviews are just to make sure you present yourself well and are consistent. I was offered the job after getting to hear what the environment and was told I could start right away.

Interview Questions

• The only questions you're really asked pertain to answers you gave in your online application. Just be ready to back up anything you put in the application.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and the manager called me the next week for an interview. I had three interviews in all: one w the GM, one w the assistant manager, and one more w the GM when he asked more questions and made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your life when you failed at something important.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They use a computer program to determine pay rate (this is after being sued a few years ago for gender bias in pay), so you either accept the offer or don't.

Jewelry Repair Liaison Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry (Newington, NH) in June 2013.

Interview

They ask you about your sales past and may ask you to roleplay sales pitches you've done before

Perimeter Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

LONG interview process. Took 6 months to get the job. 5 interviews and ridiculous amounts of follow up phone calls and thank you cards...

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you accidentally damaged someones 10,000 diamond ring?   Answer Question

Negotiation

NONE... They put your management experience and schooling and past sales experience into a computer and it decided your pay rate... No negotiating accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Have a basic knowledge of retail and a passion for sales. Jared believes in a strong team environment. Jared is looking for individuals who are willing to learn the Jared selling system. Jared has developed strong selling system that works well and are looking for people who can follow the system.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to share stories of handling difficult customers. They want to see strong sales epode that can work well with others.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They plug in work experience into an algorithm that calculates a competitive hourly wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry.

Interview

I applied online to a general job posting for the store near me. I received a call from the store's General Manager about a week later and scheduled an interview right away. I first met with the general manager and then with each of the department managers and assistant general manager.

They were mostly interested in my willingness to be "Jaredized" and to change my style to fit theirs.

They were interested in whether or not I was planning to grow with the company because they are really looking for people who want to become managers.

Interview Questions

• Come prepared to discuss actual numbers of your sales in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no chance to negotiate. your salary is decided based on a computer algorithm that decides how much you are worth based on your experience.