Jared Galleria of Jewelry Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.7

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry.

Interview

Was given a business card by a friend who happened to meet a recruiter and thought I would be perfect for the position. I called the GM and was scheduled for an interview later the same week. This was a two step interview process. I first met with the GM then came back for a second interview with the AGM. Once the interview was completed I was given a personality test and a skills test to completed as part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Previous sales experience Questions re: jewelry knowledge (4 C's, etc)   1 Answer

Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry in May 2015.

Interview

Lengthy online application, was told I'd have three interviews but hired after two. First with assistant manager, second with GM. I was called the day after the second interview and offered the position with a much lower hourly pay than I had expected.

Repair Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Wonderful. Both the regional manager and the shop manager made me feel welcomed and although it was professional it was also casual. They had questions prepared but also allowed me to ask mine intertwined with theirs and it therefore created an amicable dialogue versus a colder Question and Answer format.

Interview Questions

• Describe the procedures you would follow to do a QC on a ring?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Very inDepth on line application process. Called for interview one week later. On interview the manager was very rude and did not even shake my hand. Asked questions with her head down reading from a script, did not even look at me, very impersonable for a manager. After questions, she said the position was totally different than what was advertised. The position was not set hours and/or on call during busy seasons only. The advertisement said part time or full time.

Interview Questions

• What if no matter how hard you tried you still could not reach your sales goals. What would you do?   Answer Question

The job position offered was not the position I applied for. The job was suppose to be permanent part or full time with benefits and the job offered was for seasonal/temporary.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry in October 2014.

Interview

Very nice manager, looking for a lot of energy and personality, big on credit sales, asked a lot about prior work experience, no off the wall questions, nice atmosphere, didn't take forever

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy negotiation.... Not very flexible though

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry.

Interview

Interview was quick and seamless. Had to pass an assessment test. Which if you have any common sense when it comes to retail and retail policies you should pass without problem.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you knew your manager was stealing?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry in July 2014.

Interview

I received the interview call out of the blue, about a month after submitting my application, having written it off as a failure due to my complete lack of experience with both sales and jewelry. I spoke first with the assistant manager, both over the phone and the interview. My first interview, I was in and out in about 10 minutes. He asked me about whether I was seeking full or part time, what scheduling conflicts there would be come start of the fall semester since I'm a student, and then asked me to clarify my answers to two questions from my application. Once that was done, he said he'd be in touch about scheduling an appointment with the General Manager within a week. I heard back a week later, was called in for an interview the next day with the GM. She sat with me for much longer, asked the same questions the Assistant Manager did to reaffirm my answers, and began explaining the company, the work environment, and the expectations. It was clear from the beginning that most of the hiring process is done through the extensive online application, and the two interviews are just to make sure you present yourself well and are consistent. I was offered the job after getting to hear what the environment and was told I could start right away.

Interview Questions

• The only questions you're really asked pertain to answers you gave in your online application. Just be ready to back up anything you put in the application.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

It went smoothly, however, you should expect a lot of "customer situations" questions. The questions were asked in a fairly rapid pace - you need to prepare ahead of time. The whole atmosphere is good, from start to finish. I was told that I need to interact with a lot with customers, however, I may have to make inspection or promotion calls, away from the sales floor at times. I will need to maintain (or build) a strong customer base that will help me in achieving my goals. I will need to apply to become a Certified Gemologist and/ or Diamontologist after a while by enrolling through Sterling Jewelers. This will help me to advance and eventually become a Diamond Associate which primarily sells bridal/anniversary items. Special events are very important, it is good if you had any previous experience preparing and/or conducting them.

Interview Questions

• In case of customer complaint, will you attempt to ask manager to help you or try resolving it yourself?   1 Answer

Company appeared to me to be greatly oriented on paperwork tasks. I'd preffer to be more customer oriented.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and the manager called me the next week for an interview. I had three interviews in all: one w the GM, one w the assistant manager, and one more w the GM when he asked more questions and made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your life when you failed at something important.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They use a computer program to determine pay rate (this is after being sued a few years ago for gender bias in pay), so you either accept the offer or don't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry (Melville, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I went to a interview event in a hotel. I was interview by 2 people. I was called days after to meet with the store manager of the store I would be placed in. During that meeting, she offered me the job. It wasn't really an interview. She asked me a few questions but it was clear that the first 2 people I interviewed with days before recommended I get the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you think it is important to build relationship with customers?   Answer Question