Jaros Baum & Bolles

Jaros Baum & Bolles Interview Questions

2.4

Entry-Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Jaros Baum & Bolles in February 2014.

Applied by submitted a resume at an on campus interview. Was emailed to set up an in person interview a few months later. You show up at the same time as about 5 other candidates and everyone is rotated around about 5 interviewers. Some were partners (head guys there, since it is a privately owned firm) and some were regular engineers not much older than yourself. Questions were very easy and general, just stuff about your projects and basic experience.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jaros Baum & Bolles in November 2013.

The interview process wasn't much of an interview. During my interview, I met with three of the partners and two young engineers. Meeting with the young engineers, your job is to ask them questions about their day-to-day work life and they'll occasionally ask you questions as well. Same with the partners. They'll scan your resume and ask you random questions but nothing too technical. They're very friendly. You should be okay if you're a social person. They look to hire people that are social and articulate since the job requires you to speak with a lot of contractors and a bunch of other people when working on a certain project.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. Just be prepared to speak about yourself a lot and what you have to offer the company.   Answer Question
    I interviewed in November 2013 & got a call back with an offer in February 2014. No negotiation and the offer was pretty straight forward.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jaros Baum & Bolles in October 2013.

You were cycled through 5 interviewers. Informal interview, they just wanted to get to know you. Almost no behavioral or technical questions. Be ready to explain your experience and projects.

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Jaros Baum & Bolles in January 2011.

I spoke with someone from the company at a career fair and was contacted to come in for an interview a few months later. The interview consisted of multiple one-on-one interviews where I rotated around to different people in the office. They were interviewing many people at the same time. They mainly asked general questions about my educational background and work experience, and why I wanted the job, nothing too out of left field.

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jaros Baum & Bolles in June 2010.

I was contacted by one of the hiring managers at JBB and after a primarily screening of my resume and interest for the position I received an e-mail to go to their office for an interview. The interview was not very organized as the secretary had no idea where I was supposed to go. After going through the one on one interviews, I was told I would hear back in a week. I still have not heard back from them and I expect I was not extended an offer.